Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

McNair Scholarships

Abdinuur   

I am proud to announce that the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is currently accepting applications for its 2005 Summer Research Program (www.unl.edu/summerprogram). The deadline by which all application materials must be received is February 15, 2005. In order for us to receive the necessary documents by this date, we would like to encourage you to begin the admissions process as soon as possible. All the information for completing the application can be found on-line at www.unl.edu/summerprogram/apply.htm.

Our Summer Program is an 8-week program in which scholars:

Do research in the field with UNL faculty

Live on UNL campus

Attend 2 weekly seminars

Attend a weekly GRE course

Are paid $3000-$3500 stipend*

Receive travel, housing, and meals

Present their research at a National Conference

Eligibility Requirements

Students from groups historically under­represented in the humanities, arts, social sciences, engineering, and physical or natural sciences are eligible.

· Students must be US citizens or permanent residents;

· have a 3.0 (or higher) G.P.A on a 4.0 scale or higher in their major field;

· have completed their sophomore year by June of the year of interest and

· have a genuine interest in research and teaching as a career.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Summer Program Coordinators Teri Imus or Sandie Potter by replying to this email, or by telephone at (402) 472-7737. We look forward to receiving your application and to welcoming your scholars to our campus next summer for an exciting and rewarding research experience.

Please pass this information along to your scholars. If any of your scholars are interested, the deadline is rapidly approaching. We are open to all scholars in all majors.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Teri L Imus

McNair Program Coordinator

Office of Graduate Studies

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

1100 Seaton Hall

Lincoln NE 68588-0604

ph 402-472-7737 fax 402-472-0589

http://www.unl.edu/mcnair

http://www.unl.edu/summerprogram

*$3500 for science, math, engineering fields only based on EPSCoR, NSF, and State funding.

Funding provided by grants extraneous to McNair. See Where does the funding come from? For details

raula   

Abdinuur-I did that summer research at my Uni (2003) and was the best college experience ever! Oh I can't believe how much fun I had that summer, met many students from all over the country and outside, and got connections for my post-grad contacts.

I even recommended to several and they praised it well as well-and will recommend the program to others as well.

Not only do they assist with the research process-but they as well aid in graduate application(even pay for your prospective grad school fee)-fee waiver.

Good link @Abdinuur. BTW nice comeback. So Nebraska eh! lord have mercy on your country a$$ but their football team DEEP man-kewl :D