Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

(COMPUTER GEEKS) I NEED YOUR HELP

Pacifist   

Salaam first

Thanks in advance for your help. I seriously need to get a computer laptop,notebook before the Winter semester starts. My dell laptop got a virus and has crashed no use for it anymore.

I am considering getting a dell again. But what i need your help with is if am buying a good laptop preferably am going to be using it for basic stuff like writing my assignments, it has to be wireless good memory and space, cdrw burn cds. So what should i be looking for .

So what is the difference in celeron, mobile intel, pentium processor.

Simply what should i be looking for

i willing to spend at least a $800 or less

my old computer my brother bought it for me and right now his in africa. so they goes my luck.

Thank you in advance...any ideas or suggestions are very much welcomed.

Haddad   

First, I am not a geek, but can offer a few tips. If your Dell laptop can power up but can't load Windows, it's salvagable.

Most laptops come today with sufficient memory (at least 256 MB). But, even if it comes with less memory, you can add extra memory for a few tens bucks. Also, laptops today come with enough space (at least 30 gb) and a cdrw/DVD. These are the basic components that come with a laptop. But, an integrated wireless network card is optional, which you don't need because you can add one (external) for under $20.

A mobile processor differs from a desktop processor; it's advantage is it cools down the laptop, while the later it heats up. Most laptops today come with a desktop processor, like Celeron, Pentium 4, Athlon-XP and etc. Centrino is a mobile processor. VIA C3 processor although a desktop processor, is extremely cool.

These are the holiday seasons, if you look for a bargain laptop with the specifics you want, you will get one for under $800. If you wait a few months, laptops will get cheaper by at least $200.

Far from being a geek....Founder of the cool people's club :D

Dell is pretty good about their services so, check if they can help you with fixing whatever is wrong with your laptop. My roommate's laptop crashed and they asked her to send it to them and kaboom! it's working just fine now.

A lot of people have told me not to get the celeron processor becoz it doesn't really help cooling your pc that much..that's way they are normally quite cheap.

I have dell notebook with a centrino processor and it works great for me because I use it just like you for school purposes and SOL :D

Dell always have great deals so keep on checking. buying right after thanxgiving is a great idea.

Dell notebooks

Pacifist   

Thanks runV and Haddad..

My old comp was a dell. I loved it until it was totally destroyed my nieces what trouble they are..

I have decided to get another dell laptop inshallah. thanks girl