Sign in to follow this  
mafiagirl

What are you majoring in?

Hey Willo i was gonna major in psychology in my first year but then i got some advice from a profesor of mine saying when it comes to psy feild there isnt much stuff to do other than social worker or teaching and mostly all you would do is research most of ya time so it hink psy is only good for ppl who are interested in researching. I took some psy coz its still run in medical to and its interesting.

Wiilo   

So sis what are u saying? To be honest, i don't like Psy, and i don't see myself working as a social-worker...........lol

Go figure

Originally posted by silent-sistah:

king450, and Sisade, u both doing medicine...interesting.....

me doing nursing, queen still deciding..we got the pathologists, the microbiologists, radiougraphers, psychologists,

we got the whole hospital staff here....

SOL hospital ----comming soon to somalia----
:D;)

Excellent idea smile.gif , but we cant do without the engineers and accountants ..... need the administrative staff to run the hospital.

Ps. Besbasso is also a doc ;)

Mombasa Queen

With a major in psychology you can also be a counsellor.

I am a third year student of Public communication and mass media. That said, I am deeply impressed and delighted to see so many of somali fellows with high ambitions. For the past few years, I have been working with somali communities, however, we have realized that there is a shocking pervasive social phenomenon that exists in our society in almost all western countries. Somali communities are the most isolated communities in these multicultural societies. Although, we have equal access to education, work, and other opportunities in the mainstream soceity; we are at the sametime the least beneficiaries. It does not take great imagination to decipher the reason, which is lack of strong social bond. The pursuit of self-interest and tribelism tendencies have polarized our communities and as a result our people are disfranchised. For those of you pursuing knowledge you are on the right track don't give up and don't give in, the choices and the decisions you make today will ultimately shape your life in the future! keep up the hardwork.

Sue,

I think we have to work on building up ur confidence. You can't be let into the workforce with an attitude like that!

Xoogsade,

I am working on a degree In Nano Technology.

Don't they use that on Star Trek? :confused:

Salma   

Sociologie

Wanna fix the Somali Society,hope they don't kill me :D

My Target : A Clean and strong Somali Society

My Agenda :

1- No Tribalism

2- No Qaat

3- No Guns

My Tool : Understanding and practicing the Aqeeda is the right and best solution to fix Somalia. When ppl understand the real concept and meaning of their Aqeeda,everything will be fine. When the Aqeeda is misunderstood/abandoned and not followed then life on earth is a burning hell.

Salam

raula   

^^^Classique-I am on board with ya :D

Overall, I see great scholars on the horizon(hopefully we will be able to implement our "fruits of labor" back home-or help our dysfunctional and disfrachised communities in the long run. Insha-allah!)

NinBrown   

Masha'allah...it so good to many bro/sis doing so well..specially in a variety of subjects.

Iam down with the hospital idea...I could do the surgery IA.

Are there any medics from the UK in here

Saalixa   

My Major will be Engineering inshallah. At the Moment though, I am working on a degree In Nano Technology.

woow Manshalah the fisrt somali person trying the new fabulous field,,so tel me somthing ,,are you going to sit in a lab checking nano sized staff isnt there sometimes things you work with on a large scale........because you know i wouldn't wan to be cross eyed at the last semester..

for me it is and will always be Pharmacy

anyone here by the way doing Bachelor of Pharmacy or Pharmacology???

dolores   

biology, biology, biology- heart-felt primatology, doing whats necessary herpetology. is someone keen on primatology also?? :D then..we'll see ;)

what will come with the new day??? smile.gif

CHE   

Electrical engineering @ the Ohio State Univ.,with emphasis on power genaration and signal processing.