Sign in to follow this  
Baby_GurL

Is it Wrong to say,I'm from SomaliLand and Somalia?

Iffah   

Originally posted by STHLM_Lady:

I wonder why these topics isla marki looga jawaabaa or shall i say loo buuxiyaa instead of the topics in the islamic forum....Some can be 0 replies in days....

Ma ila aragtay? We should all try to participate in the Islamc section a bit more...those nice brothers & sisters that post some amazing threads need a little encouragement...so they can continue bringing those posts.

Sorry to go off topic BabyGurl.

H   

Originally posted by Suhair:

Salam,frist off somaliland and somalia are
NOT
the same..Somaliland people are from the north ...just be proud of who are you..somaliland got thier independence in 1988 ,we have diffrent accents and ways of living..im not trying to change your opinion sis...im just telling ya my opinion...Peace.
smile.gif

hey suhair i think it wasn't 1988 it was 1960 when Somaliland got independence from da british before uniting with da italian somalia.

peace

If your from somaliland then you say your from there and if your from somalia you say your from somalia what is hard you understand.

SOMALILAND TILL I DIE

If your from somaliland then you say your from there and if your from somalia you say your from somalia what is hard you understand.

SOMALILAND TILL I DIE

SOMALILAND TILL I DIE

Mowgli   

You know what Baby Gurl am a sista thats confused as well. ************************ ************************************************** ********************** ************************** *********************** ********************** ********************EDITED

NO QABIIL TALK HERE PLEAAAAASE ******************* *********************************************************************** ******************* ************************************. I wasn't raised in Somalia nor was I born there...as my mother raised me, I speak like her (koonfur dialect) and when ever my dad introduces to one of my adeers or my cousins, I dont have a clue what they saying because I don't understand them.

Yet I don't feel like, speak like them...either way I look at it I find myself confused. Am I supposed to go saying to people am half Somalilander and Half Somali????? lol

To Ameena sister, I find myself disagreeing with you. "to non Somalis I am a Somali but to Somalis I prefer using the term Somalilander." Somaliland is a country seeking independence thus breaking any links it has with Souther Somalia. Puntland is doing the same. The way I see it, if you telling other Somali people you are a Somalilander, then you might as well say the same to other non Somalis. A couple of months ago a friend of mine (non Somali) told me she went to a bookstore and asked the owner if he was Somali, but he replied with no I am a Somalilander. I think if you are with the whole independence thing then you should refer to yourself as Somalilander through and through.

lol@ Somaliland Queen you posted "If your from somaliland then you say your from there and if your from somalia you say your from somalia what is hard you understand." But your post was undermined by you quote "united we stand and divided we fall". Shouldn't we as Somali people stand united as we share the same religion, culture, looks etc. being united would enable us to share our country's resources (although limited they are). The problem with the north is that it only has one major port, united would ensure the use of the ports in the south of the country, enabling much needed medical and food supplies to come into the country quicker. United we would have a better chance against an invading country...(we might be the next on the hit list of the Americans terrorist list). But thats a whole other issue.

Ma'salaamah

[ May 28, 2003, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Libaax-Sankataabte ]

ZOLA   

I ALWAYS PICTURE 1 SOMALIA AND NOT A DEVIDED SOMALIA....AS SOME OF U SAID ..IN THE EYES OF A NON SOMALI..WE R ALL SOMALIS..... I AM A SOMALIAN FROM SOMALIA AND NOT A PUNTILANDER(AS FAR AS IAM CONCERNED...PUNTILAND IS NOT A NATION).

KK...INA ISMAACILL AMAKAAG.... smile.gif ...I DID NOT KNOW THAT GAL FRIEND.

Blessed   

Originally posted by idil:

To Ameena sister, I find myself disagreeing with you. "to non Somalis I am a Somali but to Somalis I prefer using the term Somalilander." Somaliland is a country seeking independence thus breaking any links it has with Souther Somalia. Puntland is doing the same. The way I see it, if you telling other Somali people you are a Somalilander, then you might as well say the same to other non Somalis.

To be honest with you, I am not all that fussed. I am a Somali and I am also a Somalilander. Simple As!

Ethnically ... we are all Somalis

But anyway, I recently came to know that under the constitution of Somaliland you have the right to be a dual national. So my little confusion isn't misplaced lol Even, when Somaliland gets its recognition I would still in my view see my self as a Somali / Somalilander.

I think, it is a matter of preference and the context in which it is used. With Somalis I say Somalilander because our people have a facination with regional politics, they want to know wether your a puntlander / somalilander xamarlander.. etc, etc!

The reason why I don't bring up Sland to non-Somalis is because you'd have to give the history and details of the conflict etc... yaa wakhti u haya! I know it is a sorry excuse on my part but me is lazy .... Ilaahay baa i leh I can't spend my days educating ppl about Somaliland - esp. as I'm learning about it myself :D:D

Anyhow,

I have a brother of mixed parentage like you.He now lives in Hargaisa. So, he is a die hard Somalilander.. even with his heavey xamar accent.

Then I got reer waqooyi relatives that are clueless about the whole situtaion.

Like I said, what ever suites ya - me likes having as many nationalities as one can have.

maybe I'll bug my birth-country for citizenship too ........

So if I were to say GOD BLESS SOMALIA..does that mean am only referring to the southern part??

Baby girl...like ameenah said..its WHATEVER ur comfortable with..to me...Somali and Somaliland are as ONE..I love my people whether they from the north/south/east or west.. “truly, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themseleves”... Its about time we rise above this.. where is the SOMALI solidarity???

Blessed   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

One is Ina Xaaji Maygaan Foodcadde and the other is the daughter of Ismaaciil AmakaagThe conclusion: They are both Somalis.

Man is this real names or u making up to make us laugh?

Og. Girl

Don't you dare laugh at my Aabo's name :D

Honestly, that Libaax Sanka Taabte is asking for trouble taking the mick out of me like that :mad: :mad:

i some how always say i am from somalia! even though both my parents came from berbera. i just can digest this *land shit. forget about the land

division drama! what do call u the ppl in these lands. somali right, so naturally, the land should be called somalia. all this half-assed kabo qabiils wants to divide ppl but they dont understand that we are all wise their half baked, ppl dividing sorry ass schemes.

power to somalida and somalia!!!!amiin.

Senora   

I personally feel that you have the freedom to identify yourself with any group(race, religion, culture)that wish to be associated with.....but I will also tell you that a few people in here made a lot of sense, and it might help to try and really PAY ATTENTION to what they wrote...even though there seems to be this fascination with connecting yourself to certain groups of people b/c of your shared interests....( i admit that i am guilty of that)...but just think about what it would be like if we didnt do that....we cant predict what the world would have been like...but we can have our ideas....