Sign in to follow this  
honey206

WHY DO SOMALI SUJUI GET PICKED ON?

honey206   

HELLO MY FELLOW SOMALI BROTHERS AND SISTERS. EVERY TIME I MEET A SOMALI BROTHER OR SISTER THEY CALL ME SUJUI BECAUSE I CAN'T SPEAK SOMALI. IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SOMALI WHO BORN IN SOMALIA AND THE ONE WHO BORN IN KENYA. I REALLY NEED ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M DISCRIMINATED BY MY OWN PEOPLE. ONE LUV YO PEACE.

I know just how u feel 'cause I'm born in Somalia but left at the age of 2 and I'm pretty good at speaking somali but not that good and I always get picked on by my own brothers and sisters of Somalia. Now that's wrong!! I Don't know the reason why.. But we need to stop it. :confused: :confused:

l am a somali sujui born and raised in kenya never been to somalia and l dont speak somali that well but l understamd itthey dont pick on u they just play around with u because u dont speak somali that well

Blessed   

The diff.

One was born in somalia .. the other out of somalia.

Anyways, in Kenya . sujus pick on the refugees or the patriots i.e somalis born in Somalia.

Somalis born in carabta aka caseeris get picked by Somalis born in Somalia and vice versa.

In Somali this picking on thang is called 'dacaayad' or Jokes .

People are just messing with ya .. to annoy you, and see how you react. It is nothing more. Just pick on them too. Lifes too short to be taken too seriously.

I get picked on for being a caseeriyad by my family. and my mates take the piss outa me cos I am also from Burco. then my uncle disses me cos he thinks thinks I am 'chippis'.

lol you don't know what the hell I am on about ... right?

See for Somalis it is a way of life. No biggie!

Paragon   

It is usual, Somalis have nothing to talk or discuss except dacaayad. No abstract art to entertain them or classic commedy. Their commedy is dacaayad. They've no other knowledge but to pick on others :D They don't mean harm, it is just the way they are!

N.O.R.F   

Dacayadu aint no big thing, just try to take the piss out of them when u have the chance then thats when they dont bother with u no more cos they know u can defend yr self!

salaam'all..

Well. Huney sorry to say But, i kinda Pick on sUJUI PEOPLE alote!!! and i'll tell you my reason as you know there are somalis in somalia that don't speak somali some do, some don't thats because they speak barawani. of tha coast of hammer'n marka cadeey' those people don't look like somali nor do they speak the language But they are somalis'n when the war Brokin down in somalia, tha Majority of the barawanis Moved from somalia to tha coast of Mombassa... and the Sujui people Oh! well they denied Us??

they told the kenyatis that we won't somalis no were we Sujuis'n it wasn't just one Sujui Hundreds of them.. even though we spoke Brokin somali.... Now tell me do i 've a Good reason to pick on them??

i think i do... Sujui means in swahili ''dunno'' Right??? Well when ever we'would ask help from 'em their Response would be ''dunno'' Bajuniis/// Acudubillah!!!!

Wallahi they were soo ''NASTY''..... all i've to say is Alhamdulillah' we were Egyptian citizens

No, hard Feeling' im not trying to Generalise But among those people there were some Horrible People among'em Heartless too!! and Huney sis don't let it get to You,, really somalis always have a stupid excuse to Pick on someone....i can say me'n You are in tha same Shoes' i get picked on alote too.. Because of my accent.. i sound like a ''sujui when i speak somali.. it's nothing personal just tha way they are raced i Guess!!! smile.gif

Ma'salamah

honey206   

sensual-healing thanx for the reply ;) but to whatever u said there is a different between bajuni and a somali person that born in kenya. bajuni's are real swahili but me i'm just a regular somali that born in another country but i'm not bajuni. and if u look at bajuni's they are really dark redface.gif and they are nothing to compare to us somali's. :D:D:D

DA_BEAST   

HONEY206 first let me tell you this even when we are in somalia we still get a lot of teasin' coming from the other side i for one got so used to being teased since i was born and raised in KISMAYO i get a lot of stick from the ppl who come from the different part of somalia and i don't mind coz most of them got no clue of what the hell they talking about so USIJALI DADA YANGU SAWA? i know a lot of KENYAN brothers and sisters and i have to say i enjoy their company as much as i do with the peeps from somali not because they aren't from somalia or stuff like that but because they are my somali ppl. so honey DON'T WORRY ABOUT A THANG just ignore them foolz and remember they ain't worth an argument or anything like that. each somali person who speaks to you rudely wether male or female remeber they trippin' coz they have no idea what the hell they talking about and never ever think we are all alike remeber ppl like me and the brothers and sisters who like and respect their kenyan somali brothers and sisters.

i agree with you when you say BAJUNI aren't somali coz they live and stay in KISMAYO and it's area but you guyz are pure somali 100% and nobody will ever deny or can deny it. peace HONEY. ;)

Salaam alakum..

Well i know the difference between a Bajunni and a somali sujui somali sujui is a typical somali and a Bajuni is an arab and Kenyan mixed, they are NOT dark dear the are very Light with Thick hair, thei Featurs are vey African But the are Not dark Pale is the word Dear, anywayz iw asn't calling you a Bujunii i know Bujunis and sujuis can't stand each other.....

Yea abaao thats all iw aned to say..

Allah hafiz

SuRvIvEr   

Honey abaayo let me tell u something and those ignorant,selfcentered son of a guns out there who tease others as if they created them allah had created each and one of us differently and put each and one of us into diff races so if some one is ignorant towards you than just tell them that you are proud of who you are and make them feel like they are the idiots by walking away.okay abaayo.

why do somalis who to kenya always say they were not welcome by somalis in kenya?

you thats a lie cuz you were welcome and helped alot. somalis from somalia never appreciated the welcome they recieved and started disrepecting us.

you call us sujui we call you walendos