Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

NAS Vs. JAY-Z (Whats your Opinion)???

Hibo   

I just want to say that's everything written here is just my opinion.......

I admire both artists but like so many of us, I still have a favorite. First, I start with reviewing both of them. Nas has been in the game for 10 years now, while Jay-Z was for 5. Jay-Z was not the first rapper Nas had beef with, Tupac, Cormega are some of the others. Since Jay-Z is as big as he is and Nas never replied to Tupac's disses this beef is really big. It all comes down on who's more real. Nas is talking about real things while Jay-Z tries to satisfy his audience which is cool too. Jay-Z cares about how many records he sells

"Sure I do, I tell you the difference between me and them

They trying to get they ones, I'm trying to get them M's

One million, two million, three million, four

In just five years, forty million more

You are now lookin at the forty million boy

I'm rapping Def Jam 'til I'm the hundred million man" - U Don't Know

I guess it's fine he got popular with more singles released and more people buy his records. Nas is the best lyricist since Tupac though, he represent for QB for real. Jay-Z steals hot beats and lyrics, like the latest unrealeased "Super Ugly" from Hot 97 he rapped on Nas' "Got Yourself A Gun" and "Bad Intentions" by Dr. Dre, and that's not all he even admits to it..

"So yeah I sampled your voice, you was using it wrong

You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song" - Takeover

He was also using rhymes by Notorious B.I.G. for what he got no love from Nas..

"How much of Biggie's rhymes is gon' come out of your fat lips? - Ether

Also, I've heard many times of Jay-Z stealing other artists' songs like "Can I Get A..." which was supposed to be Ja Rule's album.

On the album Roc-La-Familia track 11 "Holla" is exclusively by Memphis Bleek. The song is the bomb and if it was on Bleek's album it would have made it much better. It looks like Jay-Z is controlling everyone on his Roc-A-Fella.

Jay-Z's albums always have a lot of famous guest appearances, especially Vol.2 Hard Knock Life where every single song features someone famous, while Nas rarely has anyone which makes him better.

Now whats Your Opinion,?

Do you have a reason?

Hibo   

well well well...what do we have here?..i guess it's about time nas fans woke up and realized that jigga had tha crown since biggie and now their new favorite rapper nas is trying too hard to snatch tha crown away from jigga...

listen s.u.n.s.e.t u lucky me and you go way back dawg, so u know ama take easy on you man nah mean...

aight this nas and jigga thing is kinda out of control nah mean...I can't believe u said jigga been in da game for 5 years...listen dawg jigga been in da game since '87 when he use to go by da name of jaz instead of jay-z...one more thing jigga had records comin' out since 91 aight...com'on what has nas done for hip hop lately?...what?...nas only dropped two hot albums and that was (illmatic, it was written) after that god knows how da phuck he fell off hard...i still listen to nas but is just everytime time he drops an album he is just gonna dissapear for three years and come back with some weak shit...let me tell y'all this if it wasn't for jigga nas wouldn't sell stillmatic...it's about time nas woke up and realized that jigga had da crown since biggie...i give nas credit for trying hard to go against da best rapper there ever was...jigga is da best rapper ask biggie...about jigga fakin' dats a pure joke so come up with some better stories...about that ether joint i heard that and nas took it to da heart and startin' cursin' and callin' out jigga's name for a boxing match....i mean com'on how a fake thug like him gonna destroy jigga?... look at how he took it to da heart...about jigga usin' nas beat?...jigga was showin' him how to flow on dat hot beat instead mumblin' and yellin' all over da track...

oh yeah where was nas three months ago?...how come none of y'all mentioned him three month's ago?...i guess he was drinkin' himself to death while jigga was sellin' records on nas's hood...oh yeah look at r-kelly how many times did he did a track with nas and how many times he did one with jigga?....he knows jigga would outsold that fake thug......about jigga stealin' rhymes from biggie thats a pure joke...how many times did nas said pac's words(every thug shares a tear) and nobody went after him...and nas is trying too hard to hate on jigga and it all started when nas used weak memphis bleak to get at jigga but da king wouldn't let him...as a matter of fact go to new york and u will find out jigga is da king of new york since biggie....

oh yeah about that ja rule song(can I get a...) how could u say that?..what happen was ja rule came in da studio with that beat and he wanted jigga to feature in it(how come not nas?..think again)and jigga went in and destroyed da beat with hot flames so ja couldn't flow better on dat track so he ended up givin' it to jigga...

remember why jadakiss got mad at jigga... when r-kelly did that fiesta remix with jadakiss and the song wouldn't sell... but instead he called jigga to do a new remix and guess what again da king of new york came in and layed nuthin' but hot flames on da beat...

sometimes u gotta understand why rappers are mad at each other's...

yo see y'all three years from now when nas drops another album...

"jigga been rockin' y'all for six straight summers damn where's da luv?"(blueprint baby)

------------------

"Life is a test.. u either pass or fail"

[This message has been edited by El~nino (edited 02-12-2002).]

I think the game is bigger than NastyNas and JayZ Chaser having a beef. This is just an idiot attempt to bring attention to their sagging record sales and get everybody talking about them.

As far as talent goes, Nas is the real poet. Remember that record "Illmatic"....ranked as one of the worlds best poetic albums. Nasir as his real name is, is a young poet with raw talent.

YO i like this topic..it reminds me of how we use to compare pac. and biggie..to me i think those two cant never be compare..pac was a poatic rapper and biggie raps about Cash, Money, and B*tches..agree. even though biggie had a little rap that dealed with real life story..yet they both had there difference.

So lets come back to compareing Jay Z and Nasir Nas..

Jigga is a dude that likes to represent his money, fame, and b*tches. 2 me i dont like those kind of figgas.

Nas poatic rapper, true story teller, and a sick player undercover. Nasir the best of the rest, cuz his game is sick to the fullest.

Peace and luv from Somali_Playboy

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 03-09-2002).]

suuuuuuuup guys,

Now its time to get a girls point of view.

WeLL ALL I GOT TO SAY IS THAT NAZ SUCKS BIG TIME. NAZ GOT NOTHING ON JIGGA AIGHT.

I KNOW I DON'T KNOW SHIIIT ABOUT MUSIC, BBUT I DO KNOW WHO GOT FLAVOR AND TASTE.AND ONE THINK THAT IS TRUE IS THAT NASTY NAZZ IS WEAK LIKE HIS MOMMA LOOOOL. BUT 4 REAL THOUGH, IT AIN'T OUR BUSSINES ABOUT THOSE TWO ARTIST. THEY BE GOT SKILLS. I DON'T KNOW WHY WE SOMALIAN PEOPLE WANNA GET INTO THIS BEEF. I MEAN, WHY DON'T WE TALK AND DISCUSSE SOMETHING THAT IS REAL USEFUL TO US INSTEAD OF NAZ AND JIGGA BULLSHIT. I LIKE JIGGA CUZ I LIKE DA SHIIT HE COMES OUT WIT IT AIN'T LIKE HARDCORE LIKE NAZ SHIIIT.

**********ONELOVE**********

Hibo   

Nas is like half man half amazin..

How could you go wrong on that.

See I'ma teach Pretty young thing a lil' about about the diffrence between Rappers & hiphop.Hon, when you hear Rapper, that would be JayZ and P.diddy, and all them facy jewerly

rappers. And when you hear of hip hop, Is nas mos def, talib kweli, they describe how life is

and what really the blackman priorities should be like..I mean basically they got something that is sense making to tell.

As for the rappars, just bullshitin, about how rich they are, how much money they got, what they own.

Hope that help you out a little,

Holla back at me. for any q's.

Vote for Nas...

[This message has been edited by Leamante (edited 04-14-2002).]

Hibo   

I think both are in the business of making alot of $$$$$, as most artists. Talent wise, I think Nas is da man. Jay-Z is good at making hot beats, perfect for the summer time. However, I do have a concern. I heard that Nas dissed Somali ladies in one of his earlier tracks....is dat true? if so...can yall refer me to what track it was?

Y'all should discover concious hip-hop.....like my fav. Mosdef, or Talib Kweli....list goes on and on. Peace out

------------------

"My Umi says shine your light on the world..." Mos Def

Yes tamina your right Nas did dis somali ladies in his earlier tracks

Its a little verse in a song called "the set up" in the album it was written.

You should go check it out

It went something like this

Only if they knew these girls'd spray New York

if they had to, heard him ask Venus, "Could I have you?"

He jumped out a Jeep, heard her tell him, "Don't grab Boo"

They started chattin, was only bout a minute, flat when

they jumped in the back of the Jeep laughin

We followed them pollyin, he thought the hoes were Somalian

Probably wanted to hit the Holiday Inn

I grabbed the phone and called the Mobb and them

We layed low about a hour or so, these *****es movin too slow

We both holdin, what if them wild hoes started foldin?

Hibo   

Oh my my...he said whaaaa? Thnkz for confirming the rumors I heard. That's foul. He lost the little respect he had from me. He don't deserve somalis respect..period. cwm26.gif

------------------

Hibo   

That message was for Starlight. Signin out...

------------------

yo i like dis topic...as far as ma oppinion i like NASIR betta aka NastyNas.......why caz he got betta rhymes den dis fagget Jayz..he think he got a come back on Nas..he needs to think again 4real...Nas been around fo a long time na'mean he knows more shiit for him to be around in dis game na'mean..anyways das jus ma oppinion holla.. cwm37.gif

------------------

dont hate but jus Holla

Hibo   

Proud Lady Gotcha very well. Don't blame you.

But listen to dem both and maybe compare.

Na'mean.I'd rather critize on jay-z. Couze he fullshiz.Put him on the shit list. Nas he

a rhyme spitter like no otha, knowledge spitter.Yo Leamante explained it all.

One LUV

Like alwayz vote NAS