Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Yo, why ya all not tell me where DIXON is...I keep hearing that place!

Hibo   

K9AA9 saxib why would you say Dixon is a place full of refugees? when I bet your family left Somalia as refugees. The fact is 99.9 % of Somalis left Somalia as refugees. Why is that so shameful millions of people have done so before us and many others after (the whole refugee concept that is). I myself came to Canada as a refugee and have lived my first 3 years in Dixon. It was a good neighborhood because we as somalis came togther regardless of qabil and when my mom was gone I would go to havaryer luul or whoever was our closest somali neightbor. So those of you who dont know where it is and talk bad about it go there first and judge for yourself and k9aa9 don't be ashamed to be a refugee because thats what most of us are.

Nabad Galyo Walaalo

Hibo   

Dixon T.O, southall LonDoN-UK those are place to be if you wanna feel at home in any western country. I just love'em places

Dixon was my first home outside of Somalia in the time I lived in toronto I lived in dixon for that time its a good neighborhood you get a sense of the homeland. And when you say refugees only live there what the hell do you think you are? some people are having identity crisises ...my recomendation go see a psychiatrist and stop hating on dixon especially if youve never been there go there then form your own opinion.

One luv dadkaga

Hibo   

WOW!..It's surprising to see that all most all of you have once called Dixon a home. Seriously I didn't think all these people left Dixon.

For those hating on Dixon....you're all just jealous coz you haven't had the opportunity to live here. cwm26.gif

Hibo   

Dixon, Etobicoke, is a place where the majority that reside there are Somalis. It is a safe, clean, and maybe a lil somali village. Its a community in its own right. I think Dixon is the perfect place for the elderly. My grandma lives there, and its very convinient place to meet and conversate with her peers. It's not a lonely place to be at for most.

Hibo   

Dixon is located in the west side of Toronto, Ontario Canada, formely known as Etobicoke. It is on the intersection of Dixon & Kipling and consists of 6 buildings: 320, 330, 340, 370, 380, & 390. It has one grocery store, "Food Basics", one bank "Toronto Dominion Bank", a donut shop "Country style" a drug store, video store, in building convienient stores a doctors office, (kudos to Dr. Hinawi), a dentist office (Dr. Roma Ali). It's basically your average neighbourhood right?...NOT! It's a close knit majority Somali communtiy that the first flood of Somali refugees called home back in the late 80's and early 90's. It's bubbling with Somali culture and refreshingly harmonious.

Sure there are the bad apples but thats nothing new, every neighbourhood has a loud neighbour, a bratty neighbour, a secretive neighbour and a friendly neighbour, why are we Dixon residents any different.

So long as we are not complaining about where we live then why should any of you!

[This message has been edited by SPARKLE (edited 04-14-2002).]

sparkle i agree witchu walahi...i dont know why all dese well some of dese ppl hatin on dixon...no am not from dere but i do have family over dere....i go to Trono every other weekend aiight...and yes i do know ppl who live dere but i aint gon mention dem anyways for dose who's hatin naga amuusa.....waxala aad garanaysan ba iska yar okay big upss to ma DIXON family...and ofcourse ma own family rite here in NYC..yaaaaay...lattaz ya...cwm37.gif

------------------

dont hate but jus Holla

Hibo   

YO STR8 UP...DIXON HATERS ARE JUST WAAAAACCK.

IZ DA PLACE TO BE

YOU GOT THE MCDONALDS ACROSS RHE STREET, KARMA CLUB PRACTICALLY NEXT DOOR, SOMALI g'S HERE AN' THERE.NIGGAZ REPIN' SOMALI EVERYWHERE.

WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?

I USED 2 LIVE THERE FOR 10 YEARS, MUUUCH LUV.

RAP.M (ENEMY)

STR8_GOODZ

THUGGZ

HONEY DIP

SANYARE

YUSUF BABY BLUE

BLOOD THUG

AN' DA REST

EEEEEVERYBODY DATS THUGGIN' IN DA PLACE 2 BE HAS EITHER LIVED IN DIXON B4, OR STILL DOES.

SO YOU HATE ON IT, YOU HATE ON US.

cwm9.gif

Hibo   

okay well no one can really hate on dixion because everyone in t.oi either lived there one tyme in there lives if still does...soo personally dixion is where i grew up and is where most of tha somali youths did....mainly tha reson why ppl hate on it is cuz thats where most of tha mix up cumz from and no one can deny that...dixion is juss missundertood...

hmmm....some of yall act like dixon is a place where its nasty and shit well untill u see it wit yo own eyes keep yo mouf shut...cuz im str8 reppin toronto...and to the he nigga who said its a place where refugees chill...well um what u think yo ass is?..i know fo damn sho u wasnt born where u calimin nigga...and besides dixon is like the best hood round here ya heard me ...its like mini somalia..and u aint neva gone get bored in dixon cuz peeps be chillin on the blaco till the sun comes out ya feel me...so stop the hatin and keep it gangsta and hol it down fo yo loved ones aight playa!!

Hibo   

Don't want a soul bad mouthing DC. Dats my hood 4life. I was livin' in dc for 5yrs and those were da best yrs of my life. It gave me da chance to learn my language and a lil sumthin' bout my culture as well. Dont' get me wrong there's good and bad just like there is in any part of da world...but is who you decide to associate yourself wit or atleast dats what my moms tells me. Anyway to all those dat got there 2cents to add pls come correct and have your facts straight bout dis place I call home.

Is all those dat never laid there eyes on Dixon or were visiting Toronto and seen it from afar. Dat aint cool to put down your own peeps you probably got family there for all you know.

DC 4life :D

peace

If I would describe DC in two words I would say Ghetto Projects. Because it is place intended for a society to loose its values, culture, tradition, morals, and so on. It's a place a notorious place when most people are asked where do you live, they would prefer to tell different city, for the fact that they are afraid of getting teased by other people. Without disrespecting for those who live in there and have sense of dignity it is a place that belongs to the homeless community and not the working mothers and fathers. It is not a place where average people are designed to live in because of its negative environment and crimes.

Let me say that for those who are still living in DC "Qoxootiis" to leave there and move to a decent or middle to an high-middle class neighborhood if you want your children and your grand-children to succeed in their lives, if not, the statistics show that 99.999 percent will end up in serious run on with the law. That is my advice.

Let me say to teenagers, and young adults who are still living there finish ya'll education if your studying, or save some money if you are a hard worker and evacuate DC as soon as possible, otherwise "Public Assistance" it is a system designed to shatter an individual's lives and dreams. Because one's your hooked on the hook it's hard to let it go because it is design to withstand all the forces that you try to exert in order to relinquesh it.

Peace

Love

&

Harmony

Strike the iron while it's hot

:rolleyes: :eek:

Iffah   

BOY

You're not offending anyone..but you're wasting Space! No one in right mind would actually take your advice or believe those FAKE stats. Still amazed at how you conjured up that 99.9 of the teens run into a problem with the law? :eek: :eek:

Now here's an advice for you...You are suffering from Superirioty Complex so go and seek help.

NoVa   

PrettyBoy

Since when did the word "Qaxootis" became a diss?? I thought we were all "Qaxooti's" in this land?? Once ur a "Qaxooti" you'll always be a "Qaxooti"..remember that even thought u' got a so called citizenship and be working or going to school..Good for U...Who isn't??...But don't think as if u 2 good 2 be a Qaxooti'..AIGht..

By the way Dixon is and always will be the HOme of Thousands of N.American SOmali's ...the once who fled to the state and the once who lived in Canada..It will always remain a second HOme 2 US!!!! Even if we don't live there OR We sTILL LIVE there!! Capish!