Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

...And the hits just keep on repeating!!!

Delilah   

Ok i don't know whats wrong with the music industry these days, but everything seems so repeatative; its getting to the point where every song is like the one before it. Not only are the songs the same, but the music vidoes too. It sickens me to think that i actually used to consider this " art". All the vidoes either have naked girls dancing around watering people with bacardi ( or some alcoholic drink) or their half- naked, and i bet u if it wasn't for the censorship laws they would be naked!!! :D And the songs....the songs are all the same, they either talk about sex, drugs, or shooting ppl, and maybe, just if they feel like it they might through in something thougthfull ( even though that hardly ever occurs). And the reason why these people or shall we call them " artists" are making these SHITTY, yes, i repeat SHITTY " art" is because people actually like them!!!! I seriously don't understand, but whatever, there are things greater in life, other than music. I have sworn off of music, i seriously can't stand it any longer. Now, i know there is a point to my posting, besides me venting ;) about the load of crab they call " art", and so my question then is.... :confused: is it just me or is the music out there all alike, i can't be imagining these things, right :eek: ? hit me with the answers...and remember music is HARAM...lol. tsk tsk smile.gif tsk!!!!! smile.gif

I know where you're coming from. Personally, I use to start hating the fact that artist sing/rap/screech/yell about the same thing and the videos don't make it any better. When you were saying half naked women, I won't be suprised that there will be naked women by the end of this year. But after along year of practice I learned to ignore the words of the song and just enjoy the music. Not the artist but the beat :D . Plus if you hate the now artist listen to the then artists. I bet you won't be suprised to hear stolen beats. Anywayz that's my two cents.

.:peace n luv:.

I agree wid both of you, music nowadays is all similar...ESPECIALY R KELLY,don't get me wrong hes a good artist but why does he call himself the pidepiper???doesn't he realize dat doean't sound right especially wat happened to him,most of his songs are all the same to me so dats why I don't really listen to his music. I listen to old school jams such as SWV,Jodicee,Biggie,Tupac.

smile.gifsmile.gif

Agkh..chick above..u are wrong. ..R.kelly is da singer that i can listen to..homeboy can sing and with all da legal troubles he is in, he still is selling music by da dozen.. c'mon now..how u fenna hate on the R...nah..am disgusted...think bout "I wish"-the whole TP.2 cd...12 play, R .....da love R. kelly generates is too great for anyone to hate...peace

The first ammendment is freedom of speech regardless of ur disagreement. R kelly has produce,writen and sand his music. Whereas he still is using women as sex objects.

You may not think I'm right but, I still like R kelly, I'm not hatin I'm juss stat'in.

I'm juss tryin to say dat he music always has:

"after the show its the (after party)

and after the party its the (hotel lobby)

and round about 4 you gotta (clear the lobby)"

Now, maybe I wish was a good song but dat was wen he was really makin good music i have to agree TP2 was a good album.And some songs from Chocolate Factory are decent. But i still don't look at him the same way as I did before......

Dats all imma have to say

Peace

Delilah   

i'm sorry but i have yet to see a good record " the R" has produced. It the same thing over and over again. He is using sex as a tool to better himself and people like you are furthering his cause by actually calling his garbage " music". Yeah, i mean fine i'll give the man some credit for two of his songs ( " I believe" and Greatest"), they were actually inspirational; and i'm not saying all the music has to be inpiring, cuz we need some music to get our freak on with, but they can't also be about f ucking the nest *** who comes in the door!!!!!! R. Kelly sucks, man has more issues than he's letting on!!!!!! :D:D

Warmoog   

Originally posted by Baby_GurL:

And some songs from Chocolate Factory are decent. But i still don't look at him the same way as I did before......

I agree with you on that one sis. I actually liked "Step in the Name of Love", even though I was never a fan of his music in the past. Still, whenever I hear one of his songs these days, I always get the feeling he's singing to a 14 year-old or something. And what's with that zorro-type mask and mustache he's sporting in all his new videos? As if he wasn't creepy enough...

Salaamz.