Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Raising kids

Pete   

Hi there,

thanks for your advises!

He is 17 and at the moment he is feeling better and are acting as any other normal kid. It seams like he is not aware of his behaviour. Our smaller boy, aged 6 noticed when he was sad and made him a drawing and put it on his bed. When he came home he got really angry and throw the drawing back yelling to him that he should stay out of his room. My son got sad of course. I told him about this incident now when he is in a good mood when we are able to discuss things with him and he got really ashamed. It´s just that he don´t know better, I don´t know. We would ground our own kids, but its hard to ground a teenager I think, what we do is that we denies him access to the internet and/or the computer, the thing is that he don´t understand what that has to do with his behaviour.

He knows that I´m visiting a site asking for advices, but he has not the url, perhaps should I give it to him, but I won´t change my identity too much, It would not hurt if he knew about our worries. We do ask all these questions since we love him. If we didn´t care he would have been thrown out a long time ago.

What I have learned through you all is that the problems we are having with him is more of a teenagerproblem than a "somali"problem as I thought at first.

Kind regards,

Pete

I think this Pete guy is a hussla and he made this topic up if he's a foster parent aka a grown educated man then why does he keep makin ****** spellin mistakes and why would he even come on da internet to resolve his stuff why cant he go to a family psychiatrist or somethin

LuCkY   

^^^^^You cant possibLy be serious?Uuhh...first things first-DUH!!! Grown foLks as weLL as young foLks make grammaticaL errors every now and then if not often.Why are you assuming to begin with?Who said just because you are a parent you had to be educated...and did it occur to you that maybe engLish isnt or couLdnt be his first Language to begin with it huh?

I guess you didnt thoroughLy read and comprehend his post:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY PETE:

Hi,

we are a fosterfamily to a teenager boy with somalian origin.

I wonder how we can help him to understand the family rules we have and show us some respect. Unfortunately he is very selfish and don´t really want or do want to understand that he has to keep a dialouge with us regarding different issues,

Now enough with the cynicism-the guy asked for heLp no need to be aLL... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !!!

Pete   

Well Capital Z,

english is not my native language, I´m not going to fuzz about your comment, but I don´t think that the jive you are using is quite proper either. I went to this site since I thought I could get some useful information from africans since there are not many africans in the neighbourhood. See?