Sign in to follow this  
Nur

The More You Say - The More You See!

Nur   

e-Nuri Next Attractions

Do you have peridoic doubts about your faith as a Muslim(a)?

Does this periodic doubt bouts slow you down from being the pesron you like to be?

Do you feel aimless at times, and confused.

Well

When this happens, who you gonna call?

e- Nuri Opticians are rolling out the spring heartwear collection, do not leave home without it, in case you are run over by a speeding car, you can literally get burned by fire, in the next life, so let us figure out things before you get disfigured.

Coming soon to a monitor near you:

The More You Say, The More You See

The Designer Eyewear For the Heart

2004 e-Nuri Corporation Unlimited

Helping One Nomad At A Time

Baashi   

Brother Nur,

This dacwa is all u do and let me assure u that u do it very well. You have my dua Wallahi. Keep up the good work.

Bro Nur

Does this periodic doubt bouts slow you down from being the pesron you like to be?

Do you feel aimless at times, and confused.

:( Does happen sometimes.I denounce shetan, read the Quran. Sometimes end up miserable in bed so that wont upset anybody else.

Looking forward to see the designer eyewear for the heart.

Jazakallah Kheir

Nur   

OG Writes:

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

[QB] hmmmm.. still need more explaination .... sorry Nur but I can't help, I wish to say jazaka Allah khair and move on... do u understand me by any chance ??!!

Yes I do understand you sis, the article is about helping Nomads who have been conmditioned to think inside of a dark box, who once they emerge out of ther box, cant focus right as their eyes were used to darkness, thus scared to question concepts they believed all their lives without being able to make a sense out of it,

InshaAllah, we shall discuss concepts that are far fetched, inconsistent with the basic concepts of Islam, the problem being poor eyesight, or heartsight in our sitauation, because:

Fa innahaa la tacmii al absaara wa laakin tacmil quluub allatii fil suduur

Nur

NGONGE   

If my understanding of your words is correct then this promises to be a timely and great topic.

Without meaning to disrupt the topic too much, I’ll only add that doubt is a good thing. Doubt encourages questions and those in turn lead to answers. He that seeks the truth will come across many answers. If the truth is what you seek you wont be satisfied with any old replies. Doubt will be with you all the way. Doubt of the way things are done and rituals followed is what I’m talking about. Doubt of the existence of a creator is a trickier concept altogether.

Other than the doubt found in my last sentence, I believe all other instances of doubt are beneficial. Now certainty on the other hand...

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Originally posted by NGONGE:

If my understanding of your words is correct then this promises to be a timely and great topic.

Without meaning to disrupt the topic too much, I’ll only add that doubt is a good thing. Doubt encourages questions and those in turn lead to answers. He that seeks the truth will come across many answers. If the truth is what you seek you wont be satisfied with any old replies. Doubt will be with you all the way. Doubt of the way things are done and rituals followed is what I’m talking about. Doubt of the existence of a creator is a trickier concept altogether.

Other than the doubt found in my last sentence, I believe all other instances of doubt are beneficial. Now certainty on the other hand...

doubt is a good thing

Below is a link to something that I wrote about this before on SOL.

ABOUT DOUBTING

In modernity/post-modernity, the fact that you 'DOUBT' is often equated with INTELLIGENCE

and ENCOURAGED.

Doubt of the way things are done and rituals followed is what I’m talking about.

In Deen and in particular Islam,

we are commanded to 'HEAR AND OBEY'

and not 'HEAR AND DOUBT' OR 'HEAR AND QUESTION'.

This is a religion based on Revelation and Authority and not on 'AGNOSTICISM' or 'SOPHISTRY'.

When Jibriel camed down with the QURAN to the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm), the commands to 'READ' did not have the clause of 'IF YOU WANT TO'.

We can't live on doubt, most of us

have some ilm al -yaqin (knowledge of certainty)

meaning throught the knowledge that we have aquired through Quran and Sunnah and the Islamic Tradition-we can achieve CERTAINTY.

NGONGE,

So if you are a SUPPORTOR OF DOUBT,

then how do you know what is RIGHT or WRONG?

How do you live a life of WHYSSSS???

Fi Amanillah

NGONGE   

We have celm al yaqeen?

Saaxib, the world is not black and white. If it were, people would have followed the first prophet Allah sent to them and never ever strayed from the correct path. That doubt exists is not a secret. However, as I said above, in most cases doubt is a good thing.

Even he that doubts his creator, if his doubt is genuine and accompanied by a real desire for finding the truth, he (because Allah’s words are persuasive enough) shall find it.

Still, that’s not the kind of doubt I was talking about. The type of doubt I was talking about is the one that questions rituals, customs and habits. The one that questions actions, thoughts and intentions (of oneself not others by the way).

Forgive me for being crude and slightly cliche, but have you ever heard of giving someone ‘the benefit of the doubt’? Did you ever do such a thing? And if you did, what sort of ‘doubt’ was that?

Because we believe, we have certainty that Allah exists (wouldn’t have it any other way). We also believe that the Quran is Allah’s revelation and therefore we believe in Heaven and Hell. It’s a certainty.

However, in our every day life we come across a hundred issues and predicaments. They’re not an issue of belief. They are questions we have to deal with all on our own with only ‘guidance’ from the Quran and Sunna. There is no certainty there. Doubt always creeps in. One has to always ask oneself, have I done the right thing? Is this the way to behave? Should I have accused so and so of having weak Iman? What if I misunderstood them? Is it these people that I try to please or the creator of the people? Would he be pleased with my actions? What if he’s not? I better make sure, man.

Get my drift?

FatB   

^^but should there be any doubt in islam? is it not that every thing is written out plainly and clearly? don't the actions and teaching of prophit muhamed (SCW) tell us and show us how to do wat and when? if one looks at his iimaan than there realy should not be the motion of doubt!

please corect be if i am mistaken!

Nur   

Dear Ngonge

I posed the following questions

Do you have peridoic doubts about your faith as a Muslim(a)?

Do you feel aimless at times, and confused?

The reason was that I have more than once came across situations in which good perrson has left the deen after they were asked questions that they were least prepared to find an answer for.

The problem is quite big, loosing a single soul is a disaster, I was very touched by it because i did lose a loved one for this problem, and I have realized that we need to face up with this problem in a patient yet a learning way.

Doubt, can have many scales, the least of it is the Doubt of Prophet Abrahim when he asked Allah how Alllah revives the dead, the worst is when a person doubts everything in Islam , thus declaring kufr and aimlessness as their new outlook in life.

As Muslims, we shouldnt sweep problems under carpet, we should face up the isssues that need an answer, for fear of causing more doubt for others we should not hush hush the issue, because in these days of the wide world of walwal and wareer, no one is safe from being exposed to ideas that shake up pillars of their faith, so , like the Kenyan savaanah, its is an open game, and knowledge is indeed power, hiding or running away is not the best alternative.

InshAllah, I will share with you some deep experiences and thoughts of mine, bear with me though, these days, I am top performer in the rat race, full speed @ treadmill.

Nur

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Originally posted by NGONGE:

However, in our every day life we come across a hundred issues and predicaments. They’re not an issue of belief. They are questions we have to deal with all on our own with only
‘guidance’
from the Quran and Sunna. There is no
certainty
there.

Salamz,

First of All, Islam is a deen based on Submission.

Submitting to what?

Your Will, your nafs

to What Allah and is rasul have brought

Doubt does occur in the mumin over and over again but you should not make DOUBT a central part of your quest in Islam.

Reflection and Dhikr-ul-Allah-YES

Doubt-NO

Now why does this doubt occur sometimes?

The muslim mind today does not live in a deen oriented world anymore, so GOD IS VERY MUCH

ISOLATED from the Picture in our daily lives.

What I mean by this is that there is no

ONTOLOGY, connectingtogether EVERTHING.

We have been dupped by Cartesian Dualism

which tells us

to look at the

WORLD SEPERATELY, as OTHER,

Nature to be seperate from MAN,

The Private to be seperate from the Public

meaning what we do 'DOES NOT EFFECT' others

GOD is not a REALITY in our lives and is

only to be viewed as 'OTHER',

a very distant BEING.

It is this Cartesian Dualism, seperating the relationship, interconnectedness between

the KNOWER and the KNOWN, that creates

DOUBT in not only the Muslim Mind but the average 21st century human.

Unfortunately, the Ulama of today fall into this error to where they don't teach ONTOLOGY to their students, to the masses because they themselves

don't live in a DEEN ORIENTED WORLD anymore,

so they too find it difficult to CONNECT THINGS TOGETHER and not to VIEW ALLAH as something DISTANT and not to view DEEN as something

DISTANT.

This is where Modern Science has twisted and warped us to the point that in Muslim Educational Institutions, Sacred Knowledge is limited

to a few things. Subjects such as science or latin or mathematics or physics are not taught

with a 'SACRED CIRRICULM' in mind.

Fi Amanillah