Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

How do you motivate yourself (Mr/Mrs Student)?

alyal04   

UN - My Family their constant encouragements help me through each and everyday.

DEUX - Past success

TROIS - The Future - Do I want be dependent on others NO - I need study hard , graduate , and earn my own income.

me mmmh i motivate my self with moving forward into my life and smileeeeeee. even if iam sad i smile when i cry i still smile so smile does keep me move on.

Miskin   

Sister, if you wanted good motivating points Ilhan said it all. you may not be in her situation (Single mother) but what she said was really touching. so just think of thew appurtunities you have and your goals in life.

good luck

Miskin

zynab   

in my first year i was the only somali girl in my university . the first semister was the best cause i made new friends, got really good marks. then second semister just like that my life just changed. i had to look after 4 of my bro and sister.I would go to lectures and do the shopping before going to 3hr labs. not only that i had this major personal problem which effected my studies. i end up failing all the papers i did in that semister. so which meant holiday school for another 3 months. this was the most diffcult time in my life . At the age of 18 i archevied everthing that my friends would aspire to, had part time job, nice car and was studying towards a honours degree. so nomads ask allah for protection from the evil eye of other. now i am back on truck, although i am not so sure of my self most of the time. I got A'S in all my papers i took in winter break.

from morning to night i think about assignments, lectures, reading i havn't done. stress mounting each day. but ilove being a student, and i think i will be one for the rest of my life inshallah.

Curly   

I find that emotionally thrashing yourself always works for me but I believe that will probably leave you with long term side affects such as depression and being bitter about life as a whole. Till I find a better method I’ll stick with this one.

Islam motivates me and I use that for every constructive goal I set for my self. The importance of motivation is felt when there is a problem that challanges you. The more you encounter problems, is the more motivations you require to overcome such problems.

Western psychologists used to set anything that has to do with religion, because they believed religion can't resolve problems. The reason was obvious, becuase Christianity as an abrogated religion couldn't solve their problems.

So, after the emerging numerous problems of mental imbalances, they conducted many researches aimed at finding solutions for the illness at any religious perspectives. And finaly, they come to realize that believing in God undermines the effectiveness of the pain that causes the mental disorder. It was not only one research I observed from that, the treatment of religion for mental ilness.

Now coming back to the subject at hand, how do you motivate yourself, yeah, Islam absulately motivates me everytime I need an intrinsic motivation to crush any obstacle. As we know, schooling has its own problems, and it is clear that most students fail when they entertain themselves with drugs in the presence of distress symptoms.

u need Nothing but a burning desire to KNOW!!

I doubt it. Your burning desire has nothing to prove whatsoever, that can make possible to attain any given goals.

I don't understand what you mean "let sceince carres ya". Remember we were talking about motivation, not science. And in reality science is a tangible thing, whereas religion is untangible in terms of inner realities. Therefore to boost your motivation you need an untangible force to unleash/drive your motivations so as to achaive your goals.

But can you tell us, if you don't mind, why you think religion, in particlur, Islam is ineffective or "feeble" as you put it, as to what it can offer by reinvegorating one's fading motivations. Give us some examples. And also relate what science can do about motivational backups.

asalamu caleykum all

well, motivation comes naturally 2 me.

but umm, if something doesn't interest me i usually leave it 2 last minute...as the deadline gets closer...adrenalin kicks in and thats enough 2 make me write an A grade 3000word essay overnight.

plus, the idea of no more insomnia as soon as i hand in the work is good enough 2 keep me going.

^^^^^ lol ^^^^^

sounds familier

The Panic Attack that sets off the Adrelenin rush and like magic course-work deadline met, and revision down Vowala ;) genies i used to call it

You should only need one motivation for studying.

Just LOVE what you're doing. Be so delirously in love with your subject that you will start to despair when another holiday arrives. When you believe that you are having more fun than you've ever had before, when you are thirsting for any tidbit of knowledge that will make you understand your subject even more, you will be standing in front of your library at 5am. Honestly, loving what you're studying is all the motivation you need. There's no pressure when you're having fun every day.

I study filmmaking, and honestly I really look forward to the assignments and essays and courseworks. In fact, working on an essay could be one of the highlights of my week.

Also I imagine what it would be like to do something other than the course I'm doing, like business studies (which is what I used to do before). And then I'm so overwhelmed by gratitude and an all-consuming adoration for my university course that I hug my seminar tutor to make sure it's not just a dream. (it helps that he's really cute too icon_razz.gif ).

However if you don't really truly love your subject and are truly interested in it, motivating yourself can be a chore. In fact, I don't think you should try to motivate yourself at all, instead you should look for a course where you will never need any kind of persuasion to immerse yourself in it.

raula   

the GEIKOcommercials-especially when that geiko is working his behind off in the customer service department and earns the employee of the month parking spot-cool ride geiko :D kidding. But really wat motivates me are CHALLENGES -being able to overcome obstacles that seem hard to reach.

rudy-u been eating too much enchilada's man..u know u can't eat those Mexican spicy food at night time-no wonder u have such reactions.looooool..u are funny though-yeah and the RUEBEN thing-odd exclamation from the fans!

Paragon   

Alle-ubaahne, good points sxb.

Myself too, Islam motivates me. Prayers and Dikr. I become recharged everytime I perform a prayer, or perfrom zakr in rememberance of Allaah. I set my priorities according to the initial purpose of my existance. First priority: Worship you Creator. Second seek knowledge - esp. Islam and then others including the university. Things become clear when one recognises Islam as the solution to every and all problems.