Sign in to follow this  
Nur

A useful Theory, have a look!

Nur   

e-Nuri Old Editions

Imaan and Sins quanititaive Relationship Theory.

Developed while shopping at a supermarket.

I always look for a better way to explain the realtionship of iimaan with sins, sometimes I use analogy from the business world, sometimes from technology and science.

I once observed that our faith can be viewed like business profitability. To be profitable a busines has to:

1. Increase it's profit margin

2. Reduce it's costs

3. Sell more products or services

Today I will share with you my insights on how to reduce costs.

If Islam is our business, Hasanat are our profit margins, then sins are costs or liabilities that need to be reduced for a profitable business.

so yesterday, while day-dreaming between isles of a supermarket , I found the model of the relationship between iimaan and sins in order to control profitability of Islam as a business. Here is the model Alah SWT inspired me with:

Most readers would recognize the meaning of sins, but iimaan may be kinda difficult to define, so please refer to my old posts, or in case you can not find them let me know, I will repost them again inshaaAllah.

iimaan is inversely proportional to sins we commit, according to the following relationship:

iimaan = 1 / ( Total sins)

The higher your sins, the lower your iimaan reservoir gets.

The lesser your sins, the higher your iimaan reservoir gets.

Special case is when your sins are cleared on a daily basis by istighfaar and you have fractios left or decimals of sins in the denominator, then iimaan shoots up real high, so high, you begin to see concepts of iimaan much clearer like a soaring eagle.

Allah says:

" Inna Allaahu laa yahdii al qawmal faasiqiin"

So if you want to increase your iimaan, just reduce your sins, and enjoy the happiness of increased iimaan. A good business venture.

On the other hand, if your sins increase, they leave dark spots on your heart, your ( Truth Radar), Al BASEERAH, whose function is to help you see truth and follow it, and as they accumulate, they impair your judgement just like alcohol impairs your eye sight.

iimaan is also related to Hasanaat ( Good Deeds) by the following relationship.

iimaan = ( Ikhlaas coefficient) * hasanaat

iimaan is directly proportional to hasanaat times an ikhlaas coefficient ( Sincerity), the ikhlaas coefficient is a multiplier of the hasanat, the higher your level of ikhlaas, the higher yield on a given hasanaat action, for example, according to a hadith, a salat performed alone while travelling on the road can earn you 50 times hasanaat due to the ikhlaas factor, since no one is observing you perform this prayer.

So combining the two equations we have

iimaan = ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins))

So, what happens when your sins and Hasanaat (good Deeds) are equal?

Now if you find yourself at threshhold, the twighlight zone, you'd hope for another cooefficient to prod you up a little, I call it the heavyside coefficient, it is soo heavy, if you have a grain of iimaan, it will tilt your accounts towards the positive side ( MIthqala Dharra).

The heavyside factor is : RAXMAH

Continuation of Derivation:

We derived the general equation of iimaan as a relationship of sins and hasanaat.

we said that:

iimaan = ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins)) (1)

we further postulated that when your hasanaat and sins are equal, you need the Raxmah factor to kick-in so you can save your soul.

so the new equation becomes:

iimaan = (((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins)) + Raxmah ) (2)

The Raxmah factor is NOT always active, ( we shall discuss what activates Raxmah later), that is why some people who may appear to you to be great Muslims may end up in hell, and vice versa. It is due to the Raxmah factor we are saved,not mere deeeds, because, without the Raxmah factor, no one will be saved.

Allah SWT says in suratul Faatir:

" Maa yursilillaahu linnaasi mir raxmatin falaa mumsika lahaa"

The Raxmah that Allah sends down to people can not be withheld by anyone"

It is with this Raxmah that everything good is possible, with Raxmah, our life becomes bearable, our worries reduced our good actions multiply and generally we become more successful witout apparent reason.

So how does the Raxmah factor play into this equation?

Whenever we do a good deed, it is due a Raxmah from Allah that we :

1. Remembered to do it in the first place.

2. Were provided by the material means to earn such a reward

The Raxmah factor is a gift from Allah SWT. It was reported that Messenger of Allah SAWS said no one enters Paradise with mere deeds, even him, unless Allah SWT encapsulates him ( YATAGHAMADUHU) with his RAXMAH.

Now let us look at (2)

iimaan is therefore a variable quantity, Allah SWT says in suurat Muxamad:

"Wa ladiina ihtadow, zaadahum hudan, wa aataahum taqwaahum"

"As for those who responded for the guidance (of Allah SWT), (Allah SWT) increased their (level) of guidnace in addition to providing them with a shield of protection from punishment (TAQWAA)"

Here we find an amplification and feedback effect, good deeds result in elevated level of imaan, and conversely, an elevated level of iimaan results in better deeds and actions. (3)

Likewise, bad deeds result in reduced level of iimaan, and reduced level of iimaan result in earning less hasanaat and more bad deeds. Allah SWT says about the companions who found themselves in distress during the famous Uxud battle after disobeying the orders of the prophet SAWS to stay their grounds:

"Innamaa istazzallahumul sheitaanu bi bacdi maa kasabuu, wa laqad cafaa Allahu canhum"

" Satan only caused them to sin due some of the bad deeds they have incurred, and Allah has forgiven them"

So in general, humans are born with an imbedded level of iiman in the subconscious, it is called Fitra or like I coined it on this forum ( Default State) iimaan quantity. If a person therefore carries out good deeds, and seeks his maker sincerely (ikhlaas), his good deeds will finally lead him to Islam. A good example of this is when a Bedoun asked the prophet SAWS:

O Messenger of Allah, before I became Muslim, I used to do good deeds, are these deeds counting for me? The Messenger of Allah SAWS answered him:

" Aslamta, bimaa aslafta" meaning "It was those good deeds that led you to Islam". So good deeds are a ticket to finding out truth and Islam.

In this thread we shall discuss, ways to decrease sins, increase hasanaat, and as a result increase iimaan, so that we can be guided to the straight path.

Your questions and contributions are encouraged to make this discussion a success.

Nur

2003 e-Nuri Mind Capacity Expanders

-------------------------------------------------

We Attack Problems, Not People

Baashi   

To get the discussion going let’s take a closer look at Nur’s derivations:

iimaan = ( Ikhlaas coefficient) * hasanaat

iimaan = 1 / (Total sins)

Using the logic if A = B and if also A = C then B = C. Applying that to above equations

we will have this new equation:

Total sins = 1/[( Ikhlaas coefficient) * hasanaat]

Nur’s assertion holds water because the higher your iimaan [( Ikhlaas coefficient) * hasanaat] reservoir gets, the lesser your sins, and vice-versa. Excellent!

Moving on to the other derivations.

iimaan = ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins) (1)

iimaan = (((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins)) + Raxmah (2)

Using the same logic and setting ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / (Total sins) = Y which will give us iimaan = Y + Raxmah

We will have

Y = Y+ Raxmah

Which makes Raxmah = 0

What does this mean? Since we can not put a value on this factor I suggest we need to modify in a way that makes Raxmah unknown variable in the range of 0 to infiniti. Let's work on this!

PS. Bro Nur you are so creative Mansha’Allah.

Nur   

Baashi Bro.

MaashAllah, your diligence is appreciated, I need mathematicians like you to crunch the numbers as i have written the theory in haste.

As for the Raxmah factor, you may have overlooked my derivation, please refer back to see that I have written the following:

" The Raxmah factor is NOT always active, ( we shall discuss what activates Raxmah later), that is why some people who may appear to you to be great Muslims may end up in hell, and vice versa. It is due to the Raxmah factor we are saved,not mere deeeds, because, without the Raxmah factor, no one will be saved. "

I also wrote:

" So, what happens when your sins and Hasanaat (good Deeds) are equal?

Now if you find yourself at threshhold, the twighlight zone, you'd hope for another cooefficient to prod you up a little, I call it the heavyside coefficient, it is soo heavy, if you have a grain of iimaan, it will tilt your accounts towards the positive side ( Mithqala Dharra).

The heavyside factor is : RAXMAH"

So,

The Raxmah factor ® is the Magic number, it is stealthy, it does not always appear due to our instantaneous state of the iimaand, it is iimaan dependent, and like you've wittfully postulated, it varies from 0 fro zero iimaan, to infinity in the case of those with iimaan who tolerated the path of Allah all their lives, as Allah SWT described them : " Innamaa yuwafaa assaabiroona ajrahaum bigheyri xisaab" meaning that the tolerant believers are rewarded infinitely, which says that due to the pain they tolerated, Allah SWT gave them infinite Raxmah which earned them infinite rewarrds.

Allah further SWT says : " Wa Raxmatii wasicat kulla shey" meaning, " My mercy is infinite"

With a catch!

Allah continues in the same verse: " Fa sa ajcaluhaa lilladeena" I will make my Raxmah available for those who........" among many other conditions, follow the Messenger of Allah SWT, Muxammad, the illitrate whose name is mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel, "

So, here is strong case for following the model of Muhammad SAWS, The Sunnah model for seeking the Raxmah factor, because Allah SWT says about Muhammad SAWS : " Wa maa arsalnaaka illaa Raxmatan lil caalamiin" meaning : We have not sent you except for the purpose of Raxmah for mankind" ,

We are also asked to make salaat on his soul to qulaify for Raxmah, The Messenger himself was ordered to: " Wa salli calayhim, inna salaatuka sakanun lahaum" meaning " Pray for them, your prayers are Serenity for them" , or Raxmah in our case.

InshAllah I will post a special article on the Raxmah effect.

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Corporation

e-nlightening your minds

Siman   

MashaALah Nur, you are very inventive.

iimaan = ikhlaas cooefficient*Hasanaat

if there is no ikhlaas then

iimaan = 0?

I would suggest:

Hasanaat = ikhlaascoefficient*iimaan

when ikhlaas = 0, Hasanaaat = 0

when no ikhlaas no Hasanaat, that certain

but I am not sure about if no ikhlaas means no imaan or...

Nur help me here if no ikhlaas is it equates with no iimaan?

Assl All Wr Wb

Allah-u-Akbar. Yaa, Nuur, you never seize to amaze me with your wonderful and craftul thoughts! Allahu-uAkbar-u-Laahu-Akbar!

May Allah (SW) increase your mizaanil-xazanaat to your services for His Deen.

Btw, Nur, how many degrees do you have? One day, you are using I.T analogy, the next Accy! Any chance, we have Mr Hawkins in our forum or even better?

Salaam.

Nur   

Geel Jire Bro.

you write:

"Btw, Nur, how many degrees do you have? One day, you are using I.T analogy, the next Accy! Any chance, we have Mr Hawkins in our forum or even better?"

Walaal, it seems that way doesnt it? well, I employ all of my lifes experiences to draw parallels to serve Islam, according the verese " Seek the akhira with all the faculties and resourcse that Allah has provided for you"

I was exposed to too many disciplines in my life, and from each I learned to gain a wisdom to serve Allah SWT.

Jazakkallahu Khairan for your duaa, I really appreciate it.

Walaalkaa

Nur

Nur   

Siman sis

You ask:

" but I am not sure about if no ikhlaas means no imaan or...

Nur help me here if no ikhlaas is it equates with no iimaan?"

Answer:

You see Siman, to get a well proportioned equation as your screen name reflects, we need to define Ikhlaas first, then define iimaan, afterwards, we can establish the link, so to see if you are still around, I need your feedback.

Jazaakellah kheiran

Nur

Ranya   

Very interesting. I can agree with most points, but I think that the rahma factor is always present. I can't see how we'd get on for a day in our lives, if it wasn't present.

Nur   

Ranya sis

That is right, it always present as Allah SWT says that it is wide enough to accomodate everything, however, those who disbelief and die with it are not covered with Raxmah , Allah SWT says that they " Ya isuu min Raxmatii" they have can not expevt my Raxmah.

Also, Raxmah has granularity, I mean it is scalable in that all Raxmah do not carry the same weight, so Raxmah manifests itself in many ways, small and big, hidden and and apparent as Allah SWT says " Wa asbagha calaykum nicamahu dhaahiratan wa baatina" He ( Allah) has had anointed you with his hidden and apparent Nimahs ( or Raxmah)"

So based on the above logic, one can receive a Raxmah in terms of breathing, but may be not get Raxmah to follow the path of Allah SWT, being healthy is Raxnah, but being sinful is no Raxmah.

I hope that is clarified.

Nur

Ranya   

I understand that Allah’s rahma is for the believers, whether it is apparent or not. However, if someone is a non Muslim, and converted, wouldn’t that person have had Allah’s rahma in order to guide him/her to Islam. Also, after they converted wouldn’t it then be evident that they obviously had a lot of rahma from Allah, in order to be guided from such a wrong path, do you understand what I mean? I don’t mean to refute your point but I was just curious with the rahma concept.

Nur   

Ranya sis

A man asked the Prophet SAWS " I have done some good deeds while i was an unbeliever, is that going to be counted for me in the day of judgement'

The Prophet SAWS answered " Laqad aslamta bimaa aslafta"

" It was your good deeds that led to Islam as reward"

Raxmah is conditional to our deeds, even a non believer who feeds a cat out of mercy, will earn Raxmah from Allah equal to his deeds even if he does not beoieve in Allah, to the point of becoming a Muslim if he is sincere al the time.

I hope that clarifies the ambiguity sis

Nur