Sign in to follow this  
mojam

The best eight - who will win?

mojam   

Now that we know who the winners are to the last eigth, i tought it's about time everyone should be put on the spot and choose the eventual winners, runners up, and third and 4th place teams.

This is what i predict, and you know how good I am at predicting sports matches :D

1 Brasil (total class)

2 Germany (third best after brasil, argentina but the fatherland gives you an edge)

3 Italy (never count the azzuris out)

4 Portugal (yeah damn it - cheaters)

Viking   

Seven out of the eight that qualified are very capable of winning the WC. Of the eight, these are the ones I think will win and go to the semis...

1. ENGLAND - the score is curently Scolari 2 - Sven 0 and I have a feeling Sven's men will even things up. Losing Deco will prove a big blow as he is the star of the team and Barcelona's unsung hero.

2. ARGENTINA - will probably overcome the pressure that comes with facing a home team with ease. The likes of Riquelme, Rodriguez, Tevez and Messi are capable of exploiting the weak German defence, something other teams haven't done so far (besides the two goals by Costa Rica in the opening game). Burdisso, Ayala and Sorin are seasonned defenders and among the best in the business. Heinze is the weak link and Podolski/Klose might take advantage of this.

3.FRANCE - will probably win because are still relying on individual brilliance and seems to lack the team-flow (ok, I must admit that this is what I would want to see happen). In Barcelona, Ronaldinho has a free flowing left side role in a three-man attack, while in Brazil he is one part of a four-man midfield. This has affected his performance and the reason why he is the only one in the MAGIC QUARTET yet to score. France are the total opposite, they have showed a good collective work-ethic but the likes of Henry are yet to show what they are capable of.

4.ITALY are just too strong for the debutants Ukraine. The Italian defenders are used to playing against Sheva and the likes of Gila, Toni and Iaquinta would easily penetrate the Ukranian defense. Anything other than a Gli Azzuri win would be a MAJOR SHOCK.

Naasir   

Germany Argentina

Germany will win.

I like the Argentina, however if they play the way they played against Mexico, the Germans will win, since they don't hold the ball like the Mexicans, as they fire from all directions

Italy Ukraine

Ukraine will win.

It is time the Luck of the Italians to end. They may wear beautiful shirts, however they play ugly/defensive minded game and it is time for them to go back home.

England Portugal

Portugal will win.

England has not played a legit team so far except Sweden, they lucky to win against Ecuador, If Figo doesn't get suspended for head putting look for England to back their bags (oohh yeee did I say their garbage bags, have u guyz ever seen Rooney wearing a suit however holding a black garbage back with his cloths on).

Brazil France

France will win.

As alwayz Brazil is the most talented and favorite, however Rolando will not have an eazy access on the French defense like the Ghana's.

Henry wasn't getting the ball where he wanted and look out if he gets those. If Zidane plays and runs the field the way he did against Spain look out. Ronaldino needs help cuz he will have to deal with Vieira and company

Finals

Germany France

France will win.

Germans are playing with energy plus the 12th man, however the French experience prevail at the end.

Without Vieira, France would probably be out of the tournament. He is magnificent. It is really a joy wachting him play ball. He played a horrible from the first match till the first half against Togo but it was like someone told Vieira to stand up and lead the team and since then he is playing magnificent. The undisputed leader on the pitch. And for France chances against Brasil. It depends on how Vieira is going to play against Brasil. If he is magnificent like the game against Spain. Les Blues has a real chance but if not, they are done.

If Argentine is going to play the first half like they did against Mexico, they’re also down. But I think they will start very sharp and I think it depends on who is going to win the battle of the midfield. Who wins that battle, will eventually win the match. Ballack and Frings are my favorite because Argegntine’s midfield were already overclassed in two matches. So I’m betting on my money Die Mannschaft

WC90_059.jpg

They made Maradona cry in '90, a final game I vividly remember and still never forgotten seeing Maradona's final image on tv, crying like a big baby. Oh, what a happy night it was at Xamar.

WGermany1990.jpg

The team that made Maradona baby-cry: Kilinsmaan, Foller, Matiyoos and Berehme.

They will do make Maradona's kids cry. You will see it on tomorrow. Been been ma jirto. I will looooooof to see Maradona cry again from the stands.

-Lily-   

Germany will win it, unless that is they get stoped by Brazil, but even that is looking unlikely now.

RedSea   

ladies you don't know anything about soccer, offcourse the team that hasn't put up one good game as of yet and yet finds itself sitting in the quarterfinals will win; and I mean Brazil.

The final game will feature Brazil vs. Germany. Mark my word, with Brazil coming on top. The line goes Brazil 3- Germany 1.

Jecliyaa jabka Arjentiin. Ar saan u jeclahay in laga ooysiiyo.

What a game! I told you Jarmalka will make them cry, laakiin I didn't expect they will also box! Dagaal ee rabaan.

Meesha fair and square ayaa looga raaye, they should depart fair and square. That, friends, is sportsmanship.

Hal gool xun ee dhaliyeen, markaas ayee hadana is tuur tuurid and time wasting bilaabeen, including their boorto. Hadana markaas ee difaac kuu galayaan, a la Talyaani game; then hugely committing a blunder by taking out the noobaha and diyeeshaha, their laacibiin, bringing in defenders.

What do they expect? Maba oga miyaa Jarmalka in uu xoog ciyaaro iyo a real will of teamwork ku joogo meesha.

Actually that goal Arjentiin scored motivated them, awalba waa jiifeen.

Now bring whoever and whatever. If they can beat Arjentiin, wax ee u daahayaan ma jirto.

r217553015.jpg?x=380&y=273&sig=Iyj_a4PPw

Cry baby cry! Si fiican u baroor.

^^MC Ranger are u even watching the games, Ukraine were out last night, try ananothr team. Pick Owen Hargerevious, he is Canadian.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

^^MC Ranger are u even watching the games, Ukraine were out last night, try ananothr team. Pick Owen Hargerevious, he is Canadian.

Not just Canadian, but Calgarian!!! OK, fine, whatever.....I'll go for the brits.

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

Germany will win it, unless that is they get stoped by Brazil, but even that is looking unlikely now.

Lily-I told you that they will be stopped!!!