Sign in to follow this  
murefu

according to IT ..why somali programmers are fewer?

murefu   

NOWDAYS SOMALIANS ARE INTERSTING IN IT FACULTY..BUT MOST SOMALIAN IT PROFESSIONALS ARE NOT GOOD AT PROGRAMMING FEILD..PROGRAMMING FEILD IS MOST CREATIVE FEILD IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY .I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HATE IT ..OR ARE NOT INTRESTING IN..SO IS THERE ANY REASON.. WHY SOMALIANS ARE NOT PROGRAMMERS?

mojam   

because it's annoying to program. i'm in electronics, programming is hot in this field too but damn, its sometimes tough to understand the logic... so much crap to memorize.

Some of the excuses I've heard were similiar to the last post...

its sometimes tough to understand the logic... so much crap to memorize.

The truth is that even though it may be a tough field for some people to get into, we as humans would rather have everything coming easy for us and if we show the slighest struggle, we just bail out...

Everything you do in life requires you to not only memorize but to make yourself familiar with the material that is being taught (give your mind and soul to it, don't force anything) and there were 16 or so of us somalis who started out the same year in the programming analyst field, and by the end of the first semester, there were only myself, a girl and a guy that remained...Most of them either dropped out or changed programs, but in total, somalis and all, were about 1400 students going into the first year and that number was cut in half just in the first semester...and let alone somalis, who all bailed out, all because they didn't want to work hard...some of them were good friends of mine and just couldn't handle the work load, I tried as best as I could to help some, but even I needed help, I wasn't expert in programming but I worked hard for my grades, and I am no quitter but not everyone is not blessed and lucky like the other two and myself...( I did think about giving up at times becuz it was just extremely difficult, very stressful)

Times were very hard for the LayZie one, but my hardwork paid off, prayers from allah, family support helped alot. You have got to have support when you are down at times and thats what I think causes these people to give up. (They probably feel as if they are in it alone)

I gotta say that I am very proud of myself, family is very proud of of me and mostly I am happy with what I am doing, I enjoy it, I don't just do it because I have to do it, but I do it becuz I love doing what I do.

I'm not trying to rub it in for those of you that are down but I'M HOPING THAT MAYBE ONE OF YOU CAN LEAD AN EXAMPLE AS I AND THE OTHER TWO PEOPLE HAVE...no sense in quitting, giving up is not the answer no matter how difficult and challenging a field is, and not just in programming but all majors)

maajo   

well laziagirl ..now u are good at programming.....hey sis u complained too much..lol..i dont blv programming is much difficult. we were six somalians and 3kenyans and 2o pakistaniz one of them is murefu.when i came into IT field.now we are doing last year ..and those six somalians are all network analyzts..20 pakistaniz and three kenyans are programmers..so here it shows that somalians are not motivated ppl..they always like to get easy things..and do easy thing..but there is no difficults in programming field what it needs is ..to give it more time?

mojam   

layzie this is not an excuse. I work hard for my marks too, and thank God, I do well.

What i'm saying here is that programming is not for everyone. From what i have noticed over 65% of Somalis are in fields that have something to do with programming. Most of them don't have a passion for the field but instead get into it for the money, which is the wrong reason to choose a major. As you have mentioned many drop out not only Somalis but different nationalities. In my class we started with 80 people, and now (semester 4) there are only 18 left.

murefu   

LOL..MAJAM AND FOZIA..MAAJO..SOMALINAS ARE VERY ACTIVE PPL..BUT I DONT BLV THEY WILL BE SOMALIAN PROGRAMMER...

First of all why do you guys agreed automaticlly that somali programmers are fewer ? actully i saw dozens of somali i.t. programmers all around the world .. i mean damn there is about 200 students @ india studying bsc and damn good programmers i got couple of personal friends in sweden and dozen more @ holland so if you didn't met that much of somali programmers doesn't mean we lack somali programmers bro.

murefu   

hey bro when you say programmer..is not an easy work...and we know student from india as i used live there..in sweden even they are not good at IT fld that much..you can found most somalian IT student in IDIA and PAKISTAN.. they are mostly good at msce or web designing..there is no somali programmer till now? i head one man that live in dubia?

lol broda what do you expect ? ppl to post their c.v.'s? hehe anyhow it all depends on how do you define [good programmers] no programmers at sweden or holland ?? LOL .. you used to live @ india ? which year? we might know each other .. holla!

majority of the west coast youth are in some of it or program fields. I can count at least 6 in california that i know personally. it a wonderful field and gives one great leverage to market his/her skills.

murefu   

WAW..THAT IS COOL..GUYS I DONT MEAN SOMALIANS CAN'T BE PROGRAMMER..BUT I RLY want THEM TO BE A PROGRAMMERS?..CUZ I DONT SEE MORE SOMALIAN PROGRAMMERS A ROUND:)