Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Pharmacy

Is there anyone who is studying Pharmacy If so please tell me what its lik......... is it boring and hard? and if u live in Canada which University would be better to study at either Ottawa U or Carleton University......

Thanks if u reply

Haneefah   

Salam,

Sis...i'm not in pharmacy but it's one area i have started to consider, I don't know if ur an undergrad or not but if you like chemistry ur good to go. It's a very interesting field to go into, it has many sub-fields ie, retail, industry, clinical (hot), i'm sure u've already done your research.

As far as which university...to my knowledge, both carleton and Ottawa don't have pharmacy schools. But U of T, Edminton, Halifax are some of the ones that do have it, they offer bachelors in pharmacy then you can do 2 more yrs of pharma D program. However...if ur referring to which school is better for undergrad studies...i would say Waterloo all the way ;) Besides, we need more somalis in here!

I was considering and still am to a certain degree to enroll in Pharmacy school if option A and B don't work out. Did you look into American schools? I know that in my uni, you can finish your pre-pharmacy reqs. in two years in order to take your PCAT and get in (some schools skip the interview portion). PharmD is a better choice than recieving bachelors in pharmacy for obvious reasons. After all, who needs a boss? Just like any professional schools, alot of hard work and less vacation time is to be expected!!!

thanks for the reply and the information. No I haven't looked into American schools. What!!!!!! Ottawa U and Carleton dont offer Pharmacy I bettta talk to my councellor . I am in 11th grade but I know what I wanna study which is Pharmacy.

Take care

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

Hey sis sorry to reply so late but I'm really not online much lately.

Anyhow I'm a certified pharmacy tech and I would suggest that the best way to find out more about pharmacy is to obtain a job working in the pharmacy so u'll know EXACTLY more about what u'll be required to do, FIRST HAND. Like another sister mentioned, liking chemistry has made things alot easier for me. It is very competitive in my area to get into pharmacy school therefore I've decided to get my bachelor in chemistry then perhaps later on go to pharmacy school. Pharmacy is ONE OF THE BEST professional carries for any of us to get into but more so as MUSLIM WOMEN because it is a job which a MOTHER/WIFE can do. Plus u get $80,000+ coming out of pharmacy school, CAN'T BEAT THAT!!!

For more info please don't hesitate to reach me. Oh by the way I live in the US so I don't know how the system works there. But I'll be more than happy to let u know as much info and lead u in the right direction.

Your sis!

PEACE!!!

I'm a pre-pharmacy student and i'm hoping to get in to a pharmacy school this fall inshaallah. pharmacy is a good feild to study especaily if u like chemistry & bilogy. in US, if u finish ur pre-pharmacy requirements, u can apply to a pharmacy school after taking the PCAT, which is an entry exam to the pahrmacy school.I think if u have passion for chemistry u will do well in pharmacy school, since every thing in pharmacy is based in laborotry chemistry. I hope this info will help u and I wish good luck in your decision.