Sign in to follow this  
Lady_Hustla

A Somali Student at Harvard kills herself

Salaama

I'v heard of this sad story from one of my friends and I thought i'd share it with my fellow nomads. She was 19 years old half Somali/half Danish......the police say she overdosed on pills when the work load at Harvard University got to her and she felt vunerable to it's pressure. My father also tells me she came from a famous family(the Somali side that is) and my friend did actually meet her at a Somali function here in Boston.....and he said she was nice. It was reported that she wrote an email to one of her American friends which detailed her plan to kill herself ....yet that friend never opened her email that day....she read it the next day and notified the police. I just want to urge you fellow sistas and brothas that it is the Quran that we must seek refuge in when times get hard.......my American friend was in a similar situation but we made her realize that it wasn't worth it all.....whether you fail a final or get a million assignments.......do remember that you still ARE breathing and alive.......never feel captive under pressure......Allah(swt)and family along with friends will get you through it all. Pass it along and ALWAYS keep Allah near and dear to your thoughts.......and may He see us through.....AMIINNNNNN

GODBLESS

Baaniyal   

damn i missed on a fine half somali/danish girl! what a shame! Life is too precious to even contemplate thoughts as such, it must have been the danish side--->they are up there in suicidal stats, but so is canada,oh oh !

Iffah   

Inna lilaah wa inna ilaahi rajicuun.

I just heard about this today. It's really sad...my heart goes out to the family.

LAdy...amiin!!!

Inaa liLaahi wa Inaa Ilayhi Raajicuun....it's really sad and mysterious..coz as one of the nomads told me couple days ago: this is the second somali girl who commit suicide in Harvard!!!!!!

so have we all come unda da understanding havard is not the place for somaliz.....

na for real though inaanta (allahu naxaarniisto) was under alot of pressure....we only pray that allah(swt) will forgive her for her sins. Life & ALLAH (SWT) is alwayz on top on everything.

Goodir   

Subxanallah

What an Evil action??

and She Is not Somali? who the hell on earth gave her the Citizen? and U gave to such person

Not to forget that she is only half

no offece

Peace & SalaaaaaaMZ

Honesita   

Majdi.......big offense man....what do u mean who gave her the citizen....one dot of somali blood and u're all somali in my opinion...!!!

Allaha unaxariisto the sister.......god knows what she's goin' through right now....!!!

My friend's friend also committed suicide a while ago.....this woman was divorced from her husband after 4 children and 10 years of abuse and mis-use........she was a new commer to america and had no help what so ever....so she drank clorex (warankiilo) and stapped her self to death....the sad thing is, she did it infront of all of her 4 children....!!!! Can u imagine how the kids would feel about that incident for the rest of their lives....seein' ur mother kill herself infront of u...!!!

Like Lady Hustla said.......we need to go back to the Quran everytime we r in tough situations....walaahi its the best option....and the only option actually....!!!

Salaamz

jaaluut   

iam rather angered by her decision to take her life.

it's very Un Islamic,and i don't feel much sorry for her, since it's xaraam to take one's life unless in jihaad,like the martrydom operations in chechniya and quds.

well, to be honest, it was a dumb decision that she will have to answer to Allah.

let's not rush to sympethize with her, and over look the moral corruption of suicide .

jaalut i agree with you but only on some terms

: first if the grl new about whatever u just said

: did she have any guidance from parents,freinds etc.

: the female is more emotional than a man and would take that pressure much more seriously.

: since when did a college education become a life or death thing.

: since when did college education depend on whether or not your family liked you or not>

: education can be a tool for exploitation

: half somali might even have something to do with it.

my heart goes out to the family...

harvard education loll ain't a life or death thing man.

if you fail an exam just remember it dont' determine who u are and will be> thats what high school kids have been taught that your letter grade determines your personality.your inteligence your status..

i say education can be dangerous if it's being used not for the purpose to get more knowledge..but a more broader reason family,life,social,occupational whatever.

if you don't feel like college is the decision for you think of something better to do..

Don't drivve no cab though *(**ughhh*)

bill gates was a C student..keep it real...peace

Female..i wonder if you're trying to hold some sort of character scheme..The "i don't give a F**k persona" I mean it's one thing to say, what she did was wrong, but another to be content with the death of another human being, whether she took her own life or not. Instead we and you should be praying that Allah(swt) forgives her of her sins. And that this doesn't happen to another young person.

Female..i wonder if you're trying to hold some sort of character scheme..The "i don't give a F**k persona"

Obviously too much smoking had taken her off balance with reality.

Female Gaangistered, what did your MOM tell you about smoking those trees? They could really cloud ur judgement.

Salaama

Nomads do remember that we all are entitled to our opinions........now whatever was going thru this girls head only the all MIGHTY ALLAH(swt)knows and will deal with.....who are we to conjure up ideas has to how and what she lacked that drove her to suicide. Allah knows what her heart was lacking and what her mission was mainly about. All we can say is lets' love, educate and pray to ALLAH for guidence on behalf of our young nomads. And I hear her father(the danish side) was a convert to Islam......so surely this girl was raised in an Islamic ambiance.......so may ALLAH help them get thru this ordeal.......aminnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

GODBLESS

RaMpAgE   

wow....first time i heard such a thing like this :eek: :eek: .....n that was by far the worst excuse for killing her self....anwayz commiting sucide is totally haram in islam...expect in some very desperate stiution...but allah noez best.... :cool: