Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Playstation2 Vs Xbox

shyhem   

It's ramadan time and that means no more going out with da ladz,movies and those distractive things U know 'em devils workshop.....------In laymans langauge time to stay indoors and that's the time we put the consoles to the test.

Anyone who owns playstation 2 or the xbox here?I have checked both of 'em and i still prefer the PS2.

Xbox is clear in the graphic and also faster in downloading time but when it comes to conveniency or overall value, i must say ps2 is the better of the two.

where are the gamers?

One life 2live its hard 2be +ve--2pac

Choosing between the two consoles?

Tough one. I have a PS2, and my friend has an XBOX. Seriously both are really good. The best of both worlds would be both, but let's be reasonable. The PS2 has finally got a good rush of games in. Grand Theft Auto 3--vice-city,SOCOM--US Navy, Metal Gear Solid 2, and much more. The XBOX beats the PS2 in graphics (not by a huge amount, but noticeable). Microsoft is gonna have some really good games and expect many of the popular PS2 games to come out for the XBOX. My favorite feature about the XBOX is it's support for 1080i HDtvs! The hard drive is cool. You can save music to it and play it instead of the basic sound tracks for a game. No need for a memory card too. The controller is nice, though I like the PS2's controller better. XBOX has 4 controller ports, as opposed to the PS2's 2 controller ports. PS2 has firewire (iLink) and USB support however. The PS2 will also have certain games that XBOX won't, such as Squaresoft's Final Fantasy X, which came out alraedy.

Buy the system that has the games you most want to play. All of them have their pluses and minuses. It all comes down to games. If a console has the games you like buy that one.

The sole reason i bought PS2 was so i could play MGS2.

boycott   

Games are all that matters...

but i'am rather pc gamer: actually i'am busy with:

Urban operations/hitman/unreal/sof/medal of honnor/beachhead/max payne (i'am trying to get tekken...)

Honesita   

I quit playin' games when the N64 came out.....they didnt have no more Street Fighters and MortalCom. got too hard for me... :mad: ...!!!

Salaamz

shyhem   

Somaliaonline presi

LoOOL ............i must give to u bro,u definately say what u mean and u mean what u say..........A true gamer knows what he's talking about.......... u'r observation was highly accurate.

By the way.........i'm almost going insane as i write this reply.Its monday night,and as usual i'm supposed to be watching Monday Night Football right? or playing my some games on my PS2,but sadly enough i'm not doing either of 'em.

Can U believe my Ps2 is just sitting next to me almost half dead and not to mention the Grand Theft Auto -3-Vice city video game, i rented from blockbuster is also stuck in the console for almost two hours now.

My counsin was playing the game, when his fifteen months old son pulled the wire and boom the console hit the floor like a drunk somali hence it can no longer function.

Maybe the only option i have is to take it back to Best Buy,i'm not sure what they gonna say.

Speaking of best buy i was there on thursday to buy the Grand Theft Auto -3-Vice city.......damn i never seen **** flying off the shelf so fast like this game,ofcourse unless u'r talking about when PS2 was coming to da market.i had to rent the game from Bb VIDEO since i didn't want to put my name on Best Buy's waiting list.

Boycott

I can see U is true to the game, even though i usually don't play games on the Pc.I prefer toying with consoles.

Honesita

I couldn't help but say i'm abit surprised to see a sister who knows something about da games.U don't need to quite sister,all u need is to try the new stuff,definately U will love 'em if not hug 'em

SiHaaM   

My sis and I bought the Xbox last december, christmas, we had it during the holidays and returned them with the Grand auto theft and the NBA live action we bought itwith after the holiday...WE killed it for a month.

Now, we're gonna purchase the PS2, and keep it this time...hopefully, but I PREFER THE XBOX, I mean that sh*t is addictive.

shyhem   

lOOL@Sihaam

I didn't know girls too can pull that act, purchase and use it for a month and tell the folks at the store "dude i need my money back coz i don't like this **** u sold to me" lool.....i usually do that with clothes.I make sure i put the price tag in a good place incase tomorrow i feel like returning it to the store

Speaking of addiction, i can't wait to take my PS2 back to the store.Both the play and eject buttons are not functioning well.

shyhem   

This is the main reason why i like the American way of doing business.Finally today, I took the console to the Best Buy store, and they didn't even ask me anything.They just told me to pick a brand new PS2.......tRY THAT IN AFRICA,i swear the shopkeeper will skin u alive for even suggesting u wanna return goods u bought from him loOOL forget about customer service.

No doubt about it!

The PS2 Smacks it ohh im hooked on GTA3!

The X-BOX is alright but it aint all that!

What do you people think about the GAME CUBE?

Oh SOP (SomaliaOnline-President) what is the use of the Firewire link and the USB on the PS2? Can we download videos and still images from our digital cameras??

What do you people think about the GAME CUBE?

I dont know any1 who owns a Game cube. But from what've seen, its geared toward lil children. It has one or two good games but thats about it. DreamCast has better game titles. And even costs less.

Oh SOP (SomaliaOnline-President) what is the use of the Firewire link and the USB on the PS2?

I didnt' know what that was for until i have purchased SOCOM: US NAVY. That game ships with a head phone set. You plug it throught the firewire link. And it lets you command ur guys in the field. And if you are playing it online, it lets you communicate with other players on the Inter. Much like counter-strike.

I dont' know if it has other purpose besides using it as a communications port.

shyhem   

som presi

I think it will be a grave mistake for me not to buy a warranty for anything that i buy.i'm not materialistic person but i must say i always take advantage of the opportunities availlable to me.

lady vicious

I see u dropped the mic,is it b'coz Freeways n B' Segal say they roc the mic LOol.

As for the gamecube,that **** is small in size and somehow cumbersome to handle.Like presi says its mostly made for the 14yrs olds market.

And don't even ask me about the Xbox.......they don't know how to design the controllers,they designed it for pple like Shaq with huge hands unlike Ps2 controllers that normal pple like me and u can handle.

And don't even ask me about the Xbox.......they don't know how to design the controllers,they designed it for pple like Shaq with huge hands unlike Ps2 controllers that normal pple like me and u can handle.

Its not about their size that sucks about the controllers, but gettin' use to the button layouts. Thats true especially for complex games like Halo. I usually get killed several

times before i know what right buttons to push. :(