Sign in to follow this  
murefu

I WANT KNOW HOW FAR MY PPL GOOD AT COMPUTER SCIENCE?..

murefu   

WHO IS IT PROFESSIONL..AND WHO IS END USER...ACCORDING TO THE (KERNAL MODE AND USER MODE..WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT PROFESSIONLS..AND WHAT IS RESPONSIBILITY FOR END USER)..ALSO WHAT IS KERNAL MODE AND WHAT USER MODE...I THOUGHT YOU ALWAYS USE COMPUTERS?

please go the link below to find out the answer!

i dont wanna feed the answer, i wanna show u how to find it so next time u know how to do...!

hope it helps--nomad.

go to google.com and then type user mode smile.gif

Lady   

hey rudy

No cheating is allowed! or the teacher will be dispointed smile.gif - he want the answers from ur memory-drivez rather than google-search lazy..get it?

so try again......

Okay lets see what we can do for our beloved Mrefu **BOGOYA** bure wewe.... :D

Kernel mode and user mode

Hardware platforms provide a built-in mechanism for switching between these two modes and enforcing the lack of privileges in user mode. However, Linux provides no such mechanism to its processes, so UML constructs it using the ptrace system call tracing mechanism.

UML has a special thread whose main job is to ptrace almost all of the other threads. When a process is in user space, its system calls are being intercepted by the tracing thread. When it’s in the kernel, it’s not under system call tracing. This is the distinction between user mode and kernel mode in UML.

The transition from user mode to kernel mode is done by the tracing thread. When a process executes a system call or receives a signal, the tracing thread forces the process to run in the kernel if necessary and continues it without system call tracing.

The transition back is also performed by the tracing thread, but it’s requested by the process. When it’s finished executing in the kernel, because it finished either a system call or trap, it sends a signal (USR1) to itself. This is intercepted by the tracing thread, which restores the process state if necessary and continues the process with tracing on.

User: this method puts the thread package in user space and the kernel knows nothing about it. The advantage here is that it can be used on an OS that doesn’t support threads. When threads are managed in user space it need some kind of thread (process) table. If the instruction set has an instruction that allows stores all the register and loads all the register then this would be an order of magnitude faster then kernel threads. The other key advantages are the process can run its threads at will no trapping is needed, no context switching is needed, the memory cache need not be flushed making user level threads, invoking them is more efficient than kernel calls. They can use their own scheduling algorithm, scale better and NO CHANGES ARE NEED TO THE OS.

kernal — is the part of the operating system that implements the most basic functions of an OS. And Kernel mode: is where the CPU can execute every instruction in its instruction set and use every feature of the hardware.

An example of what happens is below:-

Kernel: while user threads have better performance they also have major problems. Allowing a user thread to make system calls is unacceptable as this will stop all threads, how blocking is implemented. The Kernel thread table hold all the information about the thread, registers, state, and so on. Kernel threads do not require any new non-blocking system calls/ if one thread in a process causes a page fault the kernel (but doesn’t have to) can easily check the process for other run able threads that is ready. The main disadvantage of kernel threads is the cost of system calls is substantial. So Mrefu hope the Lady and rudy can take pity on you and say here bro. you can have it on A silver plataa ama?

murefu   

Was this IT training sessions u supossed to open? if so why not explain 2 Us?

lol lady i posted this topic long time ago. anywayz i think ..it will help all of us ..also anyone is free to post any quesation?

please go the link below to find out the answer!

i dont wanna feed the answer, i wanna show u how to find it so next time u know how to do...!

hope it helps--nomad.

go to google.com and then type user mode

thnx for guiding me..but i am afraid it is my firs lecture i did study in IT feild so no need to go there?

Okay lets see what we can do for our beloved Mrefu **BOGOYA** bure wewe....

lol shaqsi sorry if it seems so easy.may be i will ask difficult once so u will not say BURE WEWE ..sema bro?

TechBoy   

your asking what,s the difference between swapping and paging mm let's see

Inputs ====> Whatis the difference between sawpping and paging inprogno.gif ====> stop.gif ====> Sawpping means to store or move a program instructions and data that will not fit in the computers's random acces memory (RAM)into stroage medium usually hard disk .. see When a program is to be executed, possibly as determined by a scheduler, it is swapped into core for processing; when it can no longer continue executing for some reason, or the scheduler decides its time slice has expired, it is swapped out again, and This contrasts with "paging" systems in which only parts of a program's memory is transfered....but merfu that wasnt a difficult question !!?

Lady   

hey merfu

Techguy steal my anwser lol...I come bit too late. thanks Tech for the info

shaqsii

you sure u didn,t cheat? smile.gif

here is may simple question-

~When you inatalling some O/s that could be NT or 2000 fails, a stop screen error will normally result or the Blue screen of death aka (BSOD) what is the troubleshooting-solusions?oh! boy I hate This.

ps.. u don,t have to write all of 'em just few. and no cheating plzzzzz..lol

murefu   

lady i am not sure..but i do think it is compatibility with hardware?

shaqsii..vipi bana hali ni norma....

tachboy difficult Q will be letter on...

maajo   

ya murefu ..u are rite(DJ-YAA F2) lady u need to upgarde ur hardware?

here is my Q

IS THERE ANY METHOD TO ENCRYPT PASSWORDS ON THE INTERNET IF U ARE AFRAID OF HACKERS:)

MUREFU ..U SHUT UP

I got this problem:

i am testing a nw6.0 with some imaging software:

here is my problem, my program does not see the freaking boot c: drive!!!! see novell needs A DOS

c: partition to boot from!

anyone seen this crab before! any helpful ideas or hints will be appreciates. thx

TechBoy   

mmm..it,s been a while since I posted my last comment..to majoo yes there are some methods for encripting (protecting) your password on the internet but let us first explain to our nomads what Encryption is all about ? well it's a method of coding the information in a file or e-mail message so that if it is intercepted by a third party as it travels over a network it cannot be read. Only the person or persons that have the right type of decoding software can unscramble the message. Encryption is the most effective data security.

there r many clever software for prenventing your password such as PGP which is stand for Pretty Good Privacy, for more information about this tool log on to www.pgp.com smile.gif