Sign in to follow this  
PlayMaker

Need help on this

I was wondering if my nomad ITs can help me with this..OK this is my problem..My friend have been using my computer, and i think he put a device in the computer, now that device is conflicting with all the other deivces..I did little check on the device drivers, and there is yellow question mark(?) on the front of UKNOWN device......I tried to reinstall it it but it says can't find a driver for that device...now i found out what device is (Floppy drive). what do i need to do without physically removing the device from the computer....I can't get to the microsoft website to download a driver.....any suggestion?

PS: I am using ME(OS) which supposed to be plug and pray.....thanx..

DAD   

I can't get to the microsoft website to download a driver.....any suggestion?

Hi Plus

If you have the Cd-Rom, then u can install it from there.

Originally posted by DAD9000:

quote: I can't get to the microsoft website to download a driver.....any suggestion?

Hi Plus

If you have the Cd-Rom, then u can install it from there.
HI DADA9000:..I do have a CD-Rom, but if you refering the OS itself I don't have that anymore....anymore sugestions? thanx anyway..

desktop   

Wel, aplus here's my advices:

hope you're not having irq conflicts. (allocated adress for old and new devices to the processor) wich is a lot more complicated to fix.

cuz if there's a new device doesn't mean that your old floppy driver has been delated.

try to get the driver's name in the(sytem device proprities driver details ) and make a search on your HD you may still find it.

else download it here.

DAD   

HI DADA9000:..I do have a CD-Rom, but if you refering the OS itself I don't have that anymore....anymore sugestions? thanx anyway..

Yea, i was talking about the OS/intallation CD-diskette.

See if the company u bought ur computer from can send you another copy. There might be shipping & Handling fee.

Aplus remove it from Device Manager, reboot, it should give a generic description of the device.

If it persists, your OS (operating system) does not support the device type or you do not have the proper drivers loaded, and in that case go to the website of the company that manufactured your device, you will probably get the latest updated drivers in their download/support section.

N.B. 99% of the time windows family OS's will recognize your floppy drive once you have removed device (in this case the one with the yellow question mark) completely and you reboot it.

Good luck and I hope that helps.