Sign in to follow this  
Surxun

Where are the educated and professional men?

Surxun   

All I see these days is chicken factory workers. I'm not saying there is something wrong with factory guys. Do you sisters feel the same way or I’m blind?

Kool_Kat   

Who's gonna chew Qad for them if they sought education... hmmmmmm... I mean don't get me wrong, I see some who are educated... But the majority of our men are not well educated...

No offense... ;)

Surxun   

Kool-kat I see that you live in St.paul,Mn in your profile, same here. I could be wrong but I think this State is for all the factory worker dumpster...very sad huh?

Kool_Kat   

Surxun, Ishaa ka tuurtay... Specially those who do the 18hr shits for like $8 or $9/hr... I mean that ain't bad, at least they are working...But there is so much they could also be doing to further themselves in life... Like taking night classes, training course, or even ESL to improve their English... c'mon now...

Macalin   

Hello.Aloha!

MHM Kool Kat, i must say you really do have a very sarcastic tongue on you..woow what a talent.

Well.needless to say i know its sad that many somali men are not educated and the whole nine yards..but i don see "formal western" education as only "education"... i believe the somali man in the west has under-gone alot of transformation and he is a really hard-working gentleman who feeds,clothes and sends money to various relatives in afrika(yall will back this on me!).

Now,are there men who chew qad? yes definetly quite a number,are there some who are educated?(depending on what u see as eduacted?)? YES definetly.

so ladies..be patient the somali man is going through changes and i see many young hard-working ones these days.give the devil its dues....and look for one around your neighborhood-coming soon(LOL).

but that said..maybe st-paul has the "qaad chewing breed" of somali man..look around the other side...am sure they have some on that side too.lol.

but sadly i have to agree that most somali men dont seek "formal eduaction"(i hate to say this!).damn

Kool_Kat   

Lakkad, you make a good point that there are those who work hard, real hard... and that somali men went through a transformation... But that is doesn't mean they can't further their education... And the last time I checked education was something you went to school for... I don't see many somali guys who have professional jobs, that's all I am trying to say... And they don't do much to get ahead... Just cuz they went through a "transformation" doesn't mean they have do factory work, and not get ahead in life...

Naasir   

Rocky Chick ** very funy Did u say Niggar Who?

Kat** Sister gotta disagree wit ya,

I Like my brother LAKAD'S comments except the last comment...

The way I see it, don't judge us(somali) yet cuz we came here yesterday and turst me I visited MN/OH and most peeps just came from somalia as a Nomad, meaning they can't read write some of them never seen a city b4 they came to Kenya, all they see is the exchange rate of the $100 they can send. Also don't forget every community has some what habit like Drinking, so I C chat just another bad habit like any one else, it just how u make it become addicted or be social Chewer rather than social Drinker;)

Some of us are doing Great also deserve a recognition and I encourage them:) and let is not be Negative on each other cuz trust me every community has it is own labor peeps who are satisfied not to seek an advancement..

Hal Soomaali

As always just a thought

Kee the smile.gif

Keep your head up and be positive

Nassir and the rest of the guyz, not 2 sound offensive or anything but when it comes to QUALITY MEN, we are at the bottom of the ladder :(

Kool_Kat   

Ethna, I agree with you... Heck I don't even think we're on the ladder at all... All I am trying to say is that the majority of Somali guys just want to work for today and that's all... Regardless if they've been here for a year or ten years... I think they should have the motivation to look forward to a better and a positive future, rather than think oohhhh I can't read and write therefore I'll do factory work, or drive a taxi... Ain't no future in that...

Naasir, c'mon now bro... I know it is said "Live for today, cuz tomorrow is not guarnteed" or something like that... But factory work, nooooooo... :(

Hibo   

so where are the educated girls if there are no educated somali guys? i for one dont see any educated girls in any where !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are all in same boat and there is no point of having big mouth while you are out of the square yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kool_Kat   

Real Nomad, there are a lot more educated somali women than there are of men... That's a fact... You hadn't seen one, may be you're in wrong place...

Somali women have better jobs than somali men, that's also another fact... We study a lot harder, and tend to be more competative (whether at school or work)... Need I say more...

Macalin   

Ladies..you are all maybe a lil too hard on the somali man..ok.

this man has never had a chance in real life both in afrika and now in the west.

look at it this way, many a somali man has had no formal education in somalia and he is now a refugee in another country.

Plus most of the guys who came to america were beyond school going age(18+) and sitting in a 8th grade class and still perform poorly has it's psychological problems(due to english and some somali pride)and hence many ran away from school and did something they comfortable with(factory work+ taxi and some biznezz).

so this man is not lucky wether be he in afrika or america.hes been a nomad all his life.

They say 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks'.

Need i say more??.

Athena..somali man can never be compared to any breed- hes Unique!.factory or no factory-he does his thing!.

Ps and many have good businesses and am wondering who is mentioning those guys??

Pujah.   

let me agree with mr lakkad this time.....you nailed it bro

Also there are alot of men who are professional whether they had formal training or not

tell me where else do you see, men who never went to school coming up with all different kinds of business ideas and puting it to use...whether it's succesful or not they are doing their own things and we should be pround of our brothers cuz they have been through alot...not saying we haven't been through the same ordeal but it is a fact that women can adjust adopt more quickly to other cultures than men....it's just in our genes

that's my 2 cents

Blessed   

Ladies, thats a little hard on the brothers walaahi.

There are so many professional, well educated guys where am at. There are the faaraxs also, but in fairness we have our fair share of xaliiimos and few professional women.

In al honesty, I have met more brothers that use their qualifications in work then sisters. So the ladies don't have much to brag about here!

Instead of insulting and taking the piss out of another occupation, maybe we should think of ways of supporting the people. Also, did it occure to ya'll that perhabs the factory workers are studying at the same time, maybe they are supporting their three wives back at home. U don't know the situation, they may even be happy with a factory job, maybe they can't hack education (it ain't 4 everyone) .... so don't judge unless your prepared to change the situation yourself.

no offence intended