Sign in to follow this  
The Rocks Chick

Book Club

Blessed   

S.O.S

I've read the Phillosophers Stone... but the film is so much better. I really get into my books (the world stops till taht book is finished) and I don't think I can commit 2 a 900 pge book.

Rocky ......

Whats up sweets... what is you busy with. Yes, I would like to know... so tell!

Hook you up with the book ... U want me to send it to ya..... ?

Ariadne   

^^^ really? I liked the book better (some directors cut out crucial parts and the movie sometimes becomes a mutilated shadow of the book...can you tell I'm a book person?).

I know its a bit long .....maybe, I should read it, when it comes out and then tell it to all of you

smile.gif

Senora   

I agree with S.O.S The Harry Potter books are great. Even if the books look real thick, the print is pretty large. I swear i read all the books in a matter of 2-4 days. They are just that good.

Don't knock something until you tried it.

BTW--- When number 5 comes out, I'll be glad to share my thoughts with you S.O.S.

Blessed   

^^ no one is nocking Ms. JK.

lol S.O.S

There is actually some-one worse then me when it comse to books... makes me feel good :D

How bout U reading the first chapter n give us a summary ... then we'll decide if it is worth reading icon_razz.gif

In the mean time... anyone read a good book lately?

Harry Potter? Oh come on, my lil siste(12 yr. old) is crzy about them. I think she finished the 3rd book by now. Secondly, I didnt' enjoy the movie one bit. What about Lord of the Rings, though I'd think it'll be a bit challenging since Its way too detailed than the movie.

Senora   

I agree with Tamina( except about the Harry Potter thing, lol!). The Lord of the rings books are interesting too. Though in my opinion i prefer the Harry Potter books, it's the book the majority chooses that we will actually read.............by the way, when are we going to decide on what book to read.

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Tamina:

Harry Potter? Oh come on, my lil siste(12 yr. old) is crzy about them. I think she finished the 3rd book by now. Secondly, I didnt' enjoy the movie one bit. What about Lord of the Rings, though I'd think it'll be a bit challenging since Its way too detailed than the movie.

I like both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. My mom and my 11 yr old sister both like harry potter. It's the only fantasy book that transcends age smile.gif (little kids their parents, siblings, etc,.). Of course the movies are never as good as the books (I thought we all established that by now). The lord of the Rings challenging? yes, but easily read? of course. The secret is pep pills mixed in with coffee and taking a day off work and school or both. Detailed is one way to describe Tolkein's writing style another way is over-descriptive and dull (8 chapters to open the frickin door :mad: :mad: in the 1st edition ) .... but it was all worth it :D;)smile.gif