Sign in to follow this  
The Rocks Chick

Book Club

I THINK THATS A GOOD IDEA GIRL.

READING IS REALLY GOOD FOR YOU, IT BUILDS UP THE VOCABULARY AND ENHANCES YOUR PERSONALITY INTO CONSISTING OF MORE KNOWLEDGE AND THINGS, EVEN FICTION BOOKZ.

HEY, AS LONG AS THEIR GOOD TASTEFUL BOOKZ, AND NOT LIKE THE BORING ONES DAD (R.I.P) USED TO READ, THEN WHY NOT...LOL

WORD

OG Moti   

what about the books? are they English, or Arabic or Somali, cause we read in different languages for example i read in chinese and i love chinese old stories written in kantonis or mandarin those are the chinese's most popular languages, it is a good idea but is it ok if every one gives a brief explanation about the book and share it with others even if it is in chinese language, good idea and more powers to all nomads somalian nomads

Here are New York Times Best Seller Book List; as of May 25, 2002

1 THE SHELTERS OF STONE, by Jean M. Auel. Love and danger in a prehistoric society; the latest volume in a series that began with "The Clan of the Cave Bear."

2 DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL, by Mary Higgins Clark. After the man convicted of killing her sister is set free on parole, an investigative reporter discovers new information about the murder.

3 STAR WARS: EPISODE 2 -- ATTACK OF THE CLONES, by R. A. Salvatore. As the Republic edges toward disaster, Anakin Skywalker falls for Senator Padmé Amidala.

4 THE NANNY DIARIES, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. A satirical look at rich and powerful New Yorkers through the eyes of an Upper East Side nanny.

5 A THOUSAND COUNTRY ROADS, by Robert James Waller. Robert Kincaid and Francesca Johnson return in a sequel to "The Bridges of Madison County."

6 THE WAILING WIND, by Tony Hillerman. Sgt. Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn, the retired Navajo tribal policeman, try to solve a homicide case involving a lost gold mine.

7 THE SUMMONS, by John Grisham. A law professor who has been called home to Mississippi by his father, a dying judge, discovers more than $3 million in cash in the old man's study.

8 EVERYTHING'S EVENTUAL, by Stephen King. A collection of 14 "dark tales" about the strange and the supernatural.

9 CITY OF BONES, by Michael Connelly. The Los Angeles homicide detective Harry Bosch hunts for the person who killed a 12-year-old boy 20 years earlier.

10 ATONEMENT, by Ian McEwan. A chronicle of the disintegration of an English family's idyllic life.

11 SEA GLASS, by Anita Shreve. In Depression-era New England, a newly married couple move into a dilapidated house on the beach.

12 GONE FOR GOOD, by Harlan Coben. A young man whose brother disappeared 11 years earlier, after being accused of rape and murder, finds evidence that he is trying to contact him.

13 IF LOOKS COULD KILL, by Kate White. A true-crime writer for Gloss magazine looks for a murderer in the media world of New York City.

14 SIN KILLER, by Larry McMurtry. In 1830, the upper-crust Berrybender family leaves England behind and heads for the American frontier; the first volume of a planned tetralogy.

15 THE SHORT FOREVER, by Stuart Woods. In London, the lawyer and investigator Stone Barrington must deal with former lovers and murder.

Here is my choice;

3. #13, #8, or #2

What y'all think. If you have other preferences please share with us and we can all vote on it.. :D

Og_Moti,

sorry man, I dont know any chinese books, I havent even thought about it :( , hope there is something you like in here.

xoxox

Ariadne   

I'm adding myself to the book club being the book worm I am :D hmmm... the wailiing wind sounds interesting...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that, everyone is welcome and I am glad some of you showed interest.

However, I am still waiting for most of you to make your selection, and I hope it happens soon.

xoxox

Haaruun   

HI The Rock, where u b'n lately?....I agree with u #1 choise is #7 by John G. I luv that guy's books. have u read his other book STREET LAWYER....I think that is the best book he ever wrote( in my opinion. )...good topic sis ;)

I would like to propose "A Mighty Collision of Two Worlds" as the first book to be discussed on this noble club. This are the reasons:

1. It is very well written ... great entertainment and enlightenment

2. It has many subjects relevent to us and worth discussing

3. It is been written by one of us (A Nomad) who is very talented

4. The story is capturing as you might be able to relate in many of the situations/plots

5. I can honestly say Safi Abdi is a world class author, and once you give her the chance, I am positive she will take you to places you never been and introduce you to familiar and not so familiar characters. I started last night, and I am allready at chapter 6. Very juicy ;)

6. It is very accessable. You can buy it from book store, or online, even in electronic format.

I hope everyone agrees on this one. Where are you guys? Rock's Chick are you reading commandante smile.gif

Ramadan Kariim

Link   

Salaam

Sounds like something I’d like to join, as long as it doesn’t change into the babysitters club, and then I’m in. I’m trying to get myself into the habit of reading, isn’t working very well right now but with time I hope I’ll get the hang.

Right now I’m reading:

Sula by Toni Morrison

I have great interest in books that take place in developing countries, and written by members of the visible minority. Why? I really don’t know. I guess, I feel I’m able to deal with them more than I can with a book written by Jane Doe set in Alabama.

If anyone of you have any suggestions to books that fit my description SHARE please.

Masalaam