Sign in to follow this  
nuune

what if we tell each other what we study?

FINALLY THERE IS A SOMALI INTERESTED IN MY FIELD :D ......BIG UPS TO LADY HUSLA icon_razz.gif ......I AM HOPING TO GET INTO MED SCHOOL AFTER I GET MY UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE AND MY FEILD OF STUDY WOULD BE PEDIATRISM :cool: ... am hoping to be pediatrician someday insha ALLAH :rolleyes: .

murefu   

I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEE SOMALIAN STUDENT WHO ARE STRUGLING TO REACH DIFFERENT GOALS...

TO WORDS ME ..I HAVE DONE IT FILED ..I AM NETWORK ANALYZT.... IN MY MASTERS I AM WAVERING BETWEEN..HUMAN RESOURCE OR MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM:)

zynab   

salaam

my major is economics and computer design

which is so much fun , and like hibo i take marketing and managment papers . it cool to see another sister in this field . this is my first year and it is so much better then school . but there is not much support. it is pretty much up to you. anyway what do you nomands know about economics.

2real   

One electrical engineer coming up. Some one asked if there were any electrical engineers up in here. I work as a robotics engineer at general motors. I started working about 2 years ago and there's this headache that I can't get rid of ever since lol.

Am glad to see our young people are interested in studying so as to better themselves.

Though my undergraduate was Accounting (and I am a Chartered Accountant), earned MBA in MIS, and I plan to finish off my PhD in MIS with systems security & nano tech & intellegence concentration by the end of year 2004 all things being equal.

And though it matters not the least bit as to what subject one is reading at the moment or wishes to pursue in the future, it be IT,literature, Arts or otherwise, it would have been beneficial if more of us were to concentrate in the field of Medicine, Science and Engineering.

Keep it up lads and lasses - Education is the future, Future is education.

Best of luck.

Senora   

currently my major is political science...but that will soon change to foriegn policies......im hoping that will land me a seat in the United Nations one day :D :eek: :D :eek:

MD   

Hello Nomads

I'm majoring in Economics and minor in accounting , can't wait to graduate :D

king_450   

excellent, though i am a recent member there are certain i liked about this site, and i will stay as long as this format works this, way

so here is my profile, even though i already mentioned other rooms

i am a third yr medical student who resides in the States, i am studying to become a a doctor for the children(pediat) as you know we don't have a lot of somali doctors around

so we have to go to the medical field , i will suggest to all the somalis to reconsider taking science , that is what we need in our nation one day. and i am also thinking about forming a web site for somalis who are studying to becmoe doctors so we can chat and see what can we do somalia as a nation, no matter what part of somalia

norht south east west

if u are studying to become a doctor ,please let's start this site and your idea is needed.

lambda   

Biostudents

asalaama calaykum waxaan bartay molecularbiology waxaana dhameeyay masters end of 2002 hadda waxaan ka shaqeeyaa heidelberg university germany waxaana ku faraxsanahay

soomaali badan inay bio bartaan.

intaadan qeyb kamid ah biology major ama minor aadan u kala dooran horta you have to know

whats in at the moment waxaan idinkula talin lahaa inaad kala ogaataan intreskiina ka sokow

maxaa mustaqbal leh .

sanooyinka soo socda waxaa important ah proteinresearch hanoqoto immunology ama biochem. hadii aad genetics ama microbiology jeceshihiin plz si fiican isaga hubiya

The other story is intaadan majort dooranin try to make a practica in a lab for a week to find out if its the right thing for u or not.

Bioinformatics is the future so hadaad intrested ku tihiin go for it.

waa idiin salaamay ;)

raula   

:D Jambo,

It seems like Iam the only none-traditionally chosen major student..basically I went about designing my own major(in the academic field it called individualized studies)... My major is called Health and wellness w/a concentration in public health and a minor in african studies. Right now Iam actually doing research in the epidemiology department. Iam in my senior year undergrad. I plan to join School of public health, and do masters in Epidemiology-clinical research division. Then go on to PhD. and hopefully teach public health studies somewhere in Kenya,Somalia(hopefully)...lol..Insha-allah.

Word of Advice(although not specified in the text previoulsly):....Good grades and completing all the requirements is not all there is to schooling....diversify your porfolio my dear bros and sistas....Get experience, participate in research projects, become a TA, ...basically get a hands on experience in your field or atleast be xposed to it("physically") b4 the completion of your undergrad years.

I apologize for the long post..thx

Kwaherini..

Juxa   

very impressive,,,,,,all my bro/sis,,,,,,,i just finished law,,,,,,any book nuts,,,,get in touch