Sign in to follow this  
nuune

what if we tell each other what we study?

Lander- MIS stands for Management Information Systems.

MIS covers information management, systems security, systems design & architecture, systems intellegence, systems & networking WAN/LAN, database analysis.

Hope that answers your question. Why not be a good chap and tell us your decipline old boy?

Xafsa   

Originally posted by raula:

:D
Jambo,

It seems like Iam the only none-traditionally chosen major student..basically I went about designing my own major(in the academic field it called individualized studies)... My major is called Health and wellness w/a concentration in public health and a minor in african studies. Right now Iam actually doing research in the epidemiology department. Iam in my senior year undergrad. I plan to join School of public health, and do masters in Epidemiology-clinical research division. Then go on to PhD. and hopefully teach public health studies somewhere in Kenya,Somalia(hopefully)...lol..Insha-allah.

Word of Advice(although not specified in the text previoulsly):....Good grades and completing all the requirements is not all there is to schooling....diversify your porfolio my dear bros and sistas....Get experience, participate in research projects, become a TA, ...basically get a hands on experience in your field or atleast be xposed to it("physically") b4 the completion of your undergrad years.

I apologize for the long post..thx

Kwaherini..

Thats exactly what I plan on doing my masters in...epidemiology!!! I hope to join the U of M team sometime next spring in the mean time i'm gonna take the GRE at the end of the summer insha alaah. My uncle works for the CDC and thats where I plan to get my head start...but eventually I want to use my skills to help my people. Raula girl holla at me and let me how things are going.

peace and luv

Miriam1   

International Development Studies & Economics.Double major.Aim for the future Inshallah is to go into research/economical progress of developing nations.!

It is true that you need to have a very diverse portfolio..experience is everything

raula   

Salaamz,

Flying still, I will definately welcome you to the U of M team. Its worldwide known for its research in public health issues around the globe, and its has merged its Epidemiology-infectious diseases of tropical countries(especially in Africa-like Malaria etc) with University of Paris(France); there are faculty members that teach this health issues here at the U and there classes are offered during the Spring semester. I guess they cant survive the winter...lol...

For those in the US...there are so many programs that offer research opportunities and fellowships for a semester or during the summer...so plz take advantage of this...YOu can't believe how many students come from all over the US(and the world) just through this summer programs/projects...some of them are from south America :eek:

;) chao

Xafsa   

^^^ I will rememerb that....I guess i'll see you there in about 6 months or so.

peace and luv

asalaamu alaykum,

I'm doing a B.sc honours in biochemistry. InshaAllah I plan to go on to graduate school.

All the people in public health and pharmacology - good for you smile.gif

salaam smile.gif

p.s If anyone here has or is studying biochem drop me a note, I'd really like to meet you.

Senora   

Originally posted by MALAIKA:

2ND YR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MAJOR(INTERNATIONAL STUDIES,GLOBAL STUDIS.)...AM THIKING OF GOING TO LAW SCHOOL AFTER THAT INSHA-ALLAH..

A LOT PEOPLE ASK ME ..WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WITH IR DEGREE?...

A.A

Good luck with that Malaika...i just changed my major to international relations....and i'm hoping to go to Law school one day too! :D ...but trust there is so much you can do with a degree in International relations...you develop global awareness, and this major can cover a lot of fields....whether you plan to go into the environmental, economic, or social science fields...

nuune   

Airbus A320,FIRST WELCOME to SomaliaOnline,i like that aviation you are doing wallaahi,it is great to fly planes like the AIRBUS A320 and the likes of it,currently iam trying to get PPL(PRIVATE PILOT'S LICENSE,then i will try the CPL inshaalaahu.

good choice you haver,enjoy the aviation,macasalaama

My son is in the USAF. Thats the United States Air-Force. He hopes to one day become an AF pilot. I suggested that he go into the navy, because you have a better chance of being accepted to a navy flight school.

Aviation is something good, i myself read alot about it.

nin-yaban...mmmm ur son huh? well i could tell from ur pic that u were kinda old but not that old to have a son in the usaf..........

well back to the topic...i jus graduated from H.S....so ama be starting college soon and i'll be majoring in political science.

Yes my son has been in there for 4 months now. I didnt' know basic training was that long, most people complete it in 1 month or so. We mostly keep in touch through Emails, and letters and he is really doing just fine. God bless him, he is a hard-worker. Maybe when he gets his trainings he can fly for the future Somali -Air force. I really have high hopes for him.