Sign in to follow this  
Naag-qaawan

College & Unv. Students.............

Isra...

Sis you can be anything you want in this world... It's about believing yourself.. If you believe U can do it then U can do it!! No offense but U talk a lot, I think U will make a good lawyer smile.gif

I know Money is not a problem because the gov't would pay 65% of your tuitions fees... Studying law is as hard as being a physician or a Nurse etc however, if you Study hard then you will A's it!!

I think a lot of Somali women keep themselves from going to school believing that by the time they finish school they will be Old and Miss-out on marriage!! a Very terrible misconception a lot of my G-friends have!! and I don't blame them knowing our culture and all, Most somali men wouldn't give a 2nd look to a girl who is above 25yrs old? even though they are that age or older? I would really like to know why? it would be great if any of the guy's here would care to tell us??

Anyway, Isra sis... here is a website, where you can take a career test or quiz. It asks you few questions about your personality, skills, hobbies,etc and at the end it will give you the test results which tell you what field you will be good at... U know? Like what major you should pursue etc.. good luck and plz tell us later what careers your personality matches!!

http://www.ncsu.edu/careerkey/

Isra   

Salam

Lady Fatima i took the websites test guess wat these are the careers smile.gif

1)Genetics

2)Anthropologist

3)Archaelogist

4)Development Psychologist

5)Political Scientist wink.gif

6)Sociologist

A lawyer as a very consuming job money is not everything.I would like to have a family and kids one day and with such a job tis gonna be hell.

These are actually fields I am interested in

ummm Political Scientist smile.gif

No offense take lady fatima u should hear me argue i have a title of "never been beaten in a debate" smile.gif

Peace

[This message has been edited by Isra (edited 11-11-2001).]

unixguru   

Lady, I don't know why some brothers would think that way...to tell you the truth, your the first person I have heard that from.

Me personally, I wanna get married as soon as am able to support a famo, the reason why is because it will only help make my life more fulfilling...and nothing would be better then an educated sister... not necessarily college but someone that is interested in learning.

A persons best personal asset is education, whether that person is a female or a male.

I feel intellectual... smile.gif

Okay unixguru I don't know what world you are living in but where I came from? Men Want younger Chicks They have always wanted them Young!! our forfathers Have all Married younger Women.....I had a grandfather who is married to a younger women , My Grandmother is 4years younger then me! b4 he passed away he was 89yrd old!

Where I live, we Have well Educated sisters, who are Financially,emotionally,psychologically, physically Stable to build a family!! Brothers who are their age, Those with Education and w/out it Both Don't want them Cuz in their own words " They're Not Fresh anymore" Men Want 18yr Old chick who are IGNORANT about the world and life in generall! They want a 18yr old who will Listen to their stupid needs, Who they "can Control"....... Well Educated sisters though, Will Not take crap from anyone and are well aware of the World!! Now they May Fulfill their Husbands "needs" and do their "Wifely Duties" but They're Not afraid to Say NO when they feel their Husband's are out of line!! Men Being the Domineering Creatures they're are too Chicken To be in a Relationship or Marriage where they feel they have "No control" Or "POWER" over it. so what do they do? They find themselves "Fresh" victims!!

Ask any man if you don't Believe me, Walaahi they all will tell you the same thing!!

Do you also notice how 'Somali'Males don't like or Never Marry Women Who are older then them? isn't funny how our culture makes it Fair or 'legal' should I say for Men to marry and date younger women and when another Guy lets say(one of those Mr. Nice Guy's) Comes around and finds an older women to be the one for him... He tells his family and BOOM!! Everybody is in his buZineZZ Telling him to get rid of the old women??

That is the world we live in brotha! Now some of you will say, That I'm Generalizing or that 'They're not like this" but Lets all be Realistic here? go back to your own family history and ask What are the ages of your grandmothes, Grandfathers, Check the age difference and you will see what I'm talking about... I dare you guy's To proof me wrong??

Cia .....

Hibo   

LadyFatima: Sis, to an extend however u r right about the concepts n believes that come with being a somali, however, I am against the fact that we as in women, should put a hold on our progressive life for the sake of a man. I don't think one should limit his/her level of education for merely being married. Look at the society that have evolved since the civil war sis... Many of the newly weds have trouble staying together, women calling 911 on their men, men being abusive n staying out late. If u really look deeper n beyond what our eyes can see, u will find out the reason why they r in such mess is lack of education. I think education refines individuals, n transforms them into someone with higher moral values n less arrogance. So sis, my believe is to educate ourselves. Education leads to a better understanding of life sis, n that is what being a human is more about. We develop our senses n view the world from a different perspective than the rest of animals. The behavior that we witness in the somali familes nowadays is more like that of animals than humans. N the major cause is lack of literacy. All of this my sound strange or for most part offensive but trust me sis, I did do my part of the research. I am not saying though this is true for all cases but for most part of it. But then again that is my two cents!

------------------

"All colors of the heavenly rainbow

can be found through ever nation...

When all these colors are blended,

black become God's greatest creation"

Hibo salaama sis,

Well, I guess you misunderstood me somewhere.. I didn't say we,women should put our education on hold for the sake of Being married or marrying young!! Actually I'm against this believe most of us women have about "marrying b4 school, cuz later they don't want to be old and left out" that is the believes of some of my G-friends and a lot of somali women I met... The luckiest among them were the one's who finished High school, all the girls I used to go to school with few yrs back droped out in their junior yr(11th grade) and got married even had babies, 4yrs Later when I met them again, they were SINGLE MOTHERS with 2or 3kids, Struggling and couldn't afford anything and were depending on Gov't aide!! I always tell sista to get their GED's and BS,BA,AA's whatever they could get their hands on!! Cuz Without it, they're Nothing!!

So sista I'm with you on this matter, Education is the Key for the Future and without it, they'll be locked in the Past!

Cia smile.gif

A   

Sorry sister ladyfatima, I disagree with you. You said "look in the past and find out the truth" that was then and this now. No somali men beleive that crap. Young chicks!! give me a break. I don't think it should matter what the age difference is as long as you understand eachother.

A+,,,, well, sis or bro... If everyone agreed with each other, then we would have lived in a BORING world!! U don't have to AGREE with me, But you should atleast ask around, What I said aint a Lie, you in particular may not have that concept but that Doesn't mean all MEN don't care whether a women is young or not! They did before and They still DO !!

A++............. Brotha or sis... There is no point in arguing! If this had offended you I apologize like I said.. you may be one of the few who don't have this kind of mentality BUT Men do and they did and always will....It's a FACT OF LIFE!! I don't like it but it's true.......

for instance this close relative of mine got married to a lady who is 5yrs older then him... Well, it was prefectly FINE for him until he had to bring her to Moma and Papa! even though the family was not happy, still it was OK... few months into marriage the whole family started hating this girl! Why Cuz she is "GUUMAYSE" and she stole their lil prince's Mind........... God is my witness, the girl has nothing wrong with her or bad about her, the only mistake she made was marry Mama's lil boy!!

Cia...

P.S Thxs Nowaal....

A   

Lady fatima: good to see you back ,I thougt i chased away or something(just kidding). Ok let me get back to the point I was not trying to argue or bother you, it is supposed to be a debate and that was just my take on that. About your apology "NO i don't know if i wanna accept that, you hurt my feelings, I am really sad" frown.gif.

[This message has been edited by A+ (edited 12-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by A+ (edited 12-07-2001).]

A++

C'mon brotha Nothing chases me away! smile.gif Not that easy by the way.........anyway, C'mon don't make me feel bad! accept my aplogy! Plz smile.gif

You shouldn't be mad at me, I even Gave ya and Extra ++ smile.gif