Sign in to follow this  
Naag-qaawan

College & Unv. Students.............

Hibo   

I think khalad baa laga fahmay higher education. Getting a degree is not important in itself, wats important is the skills u gain in completing the course.

Has been in university changed my thinking abilities? Damn straight! I don't look around me n see the obvious, I look around n QUESTION the obvious. This isn't a skill I discovered out of the blue, it was taught to me by my lecturers and I'm grateful to them.

I know university education isn't the be all and end all of life, but I believe it's the road to enlightenment. And yes, most of the thoeries and books used in higher education r Eurocentric (written by Europeans or from a European point of view) but hey......u take the good with the bad! So pls ppl....don't knock it till u've tried it!

Hibo   

lol@ mataan

i think shimbirtii yareed was u (not so sure tho.)... but i guess i was misinformed.

I think, most guys my age are at a stage where they don't know where they are at... what they want etc. You know, one day wa wadaad, the next a thug etc.

and all they seem to be on is girls, girls, girls, different girls ..... Stupid, just like Jay-z's tune!

There is an exception to the rule tho.

Salaamu Alaikum,

Quote from an anonymous nomad:

I think khalad baa laga fahmay higher education. Getting a degree is not important in itself,
wats important is the skills u gain in completing the course.

1. I been a cog in the education mechanistic system from the tender age of three mostly exclusively in Britain and do not for one minute buy the cliché "secular education can teach one much skills" though Alhamdulilah I been blessed with many competencies per se outside secular education. One famous Sheikh who himself studied secular education reading linguistics and modern history once uttered:

"People learn more outside the secular education system than inside it."

2. The only feasible objective for myself being in the education system is mainly due to situational circumstances and duress from parents. In other words, I am in this damned philistine prolonged education hype just to obtain materialistic gain. For example, to obtain the transcript (the degree paper) as a pre-requisite to applying graduate for jobs since without a degree very few are considered.

3. Mainstream education can be found not empowering students to ponder upon free-minded opinions instead equips students with prejudice understanding. Merely the system favours concept, theories and philosophy of secularists theorists even though one might disagree with these points they still must accept. Consequently, one’s intellectual prowess is limited as now someone is thinking for them rather than themselves deducing ideologies freely from widely sources of qualitative and quantitative data. For example, lets imagine we have a student of science who questions the theory of evolution is he allowed to express his views and state this is not a scientific fact due to people not having the faintest idea of where naturally the so called universal cell originated from and the darwinists not having conclusive evidence of actual creatures in the middle of the pre and pro evolution stages and what is the next stage of evolution where does this process end? They will tell you do not question just accept it as a scientific fact.

4. In conclusion, the real education lies in Al Islam covering Sharia Law, Sociology, Psychology, Business and Economics, Religion, Politics and so on. Every aspect of human life is covered in Quran and Sunnah. Islam is a way of life goes beyond the limited definition of religion in English language. All knowledge comes from Allah. Mankind cannot know anything unless Allah decrees it. Allah also gave mankind brains. Mankind should use this organ pondering upon many of life’s wonderful issues. At the same time one must submit to the one above. For example, when one performs sujud he places his head (where the brain is - the brain being the intellectual organ) on the ground illustrating the glorification of the One above and submission of the intellect and elevating the heart above the brain. The heart being the more paramount organ because the heart enables one to surpass mere rationality it goes beyond bounded rationality.

W/ Salaam,

I'm majoring in Business Finance w/ a Minor in Politics.

Maybe go on to International Law. My 20-year plan is work for the government a coupla years while establishing my own businesses. Then have an early retirement while living the good life inshallah. In the long-run, I don't wanna work for anyone, Cuz I do that now and the pay SUX...

:D

i'm majorin' Biology...not cuz i luv it..but becuz i have to declare ma major..so for right now i'm majorin' in Biology...but wat i wanna do in da long-run is be a Pharmacist..i'm takin' a career exploration class n' i did alot of research in this field..n' let me just tell yall..HERE IS WHERE DA MONEY IS AT...startin' average pay $100,000 a yr...n' dat's comin' right outta college...fortunately i found a career dat combinez da two things i luv in da world..helpin' ppl and $$$$..on da downside..itz really competitive to get into Pharm school...

wish me luck yall...got along way ahead of me..

Haneefah   

Assalamu Alaikum,

Mujahid...you made an exellent point bro although it was a little long, more like an essay, lol...j/k bro!

But anyhow, i think the most important thing we can learn is our beloved religion and then comes secular education. However, the challenge lies in learning how to balance the two.I believe any form of education confers knowledge and knowledge is the most valuable asset one can attain. We all possess the potential to be someone and education is the means in reaching that potential.

I do respect those of you who choose to work because of circumstances that prevent you from seeking a higher eduacation, but what i DO NOT respect is those of you who are doing nothing but making absurd justification for your incompetent lives and who still have the guts to advice others that education is nothing!!

I think the intention of the girl who posted this topic was to get intelligent brothers and sisters to share their views and experiences about post-secondary ed. and to be role models for those who are younger than us or who haven't reached our place. So pls ppl, keep your comments as constructive as you can and don't try and demean those of us who are (alhamdulilah) on the right path.