Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

“There is no God but Allah and Mohammed (PUBH) is His messenger.”

Dhubad.   

^Nur, that was a convincing answer Mashallah. OK, since this thread became "Questions on Islam", I would like to ask this question.

I have came across a Hadith long time ago which I can't remember the exact meaning but always wanted a clarification, it goes like this(not the exact narration ) :

Ilaahay wuxuu farihiisa ku hayaa mustaqbalka qofkasta markuu doono ayuu kala rogaa oo qof islaam ahaa ayaa gaal noqda

So according to this Hadit the CHOICE is not there or is it?

Thanks in advance .

ElPunto   

^Good answer Nur. That question is in the same vein you see all the time. ie If God was merciful why all these starving people, dying of disease, etc. You wonder why all of these people don't to do anything themselves to alleviate the situation instead of engaging in useless speculation about the will of a higher power.

Johnny B   

Sheikh Nur, Since the thread has already turned into Islamic FAQ ,i'd like to ask you if building a Mosque in Second life ( virtual life , http://secondlife.com/) can be considered as good deed as building a real Mosque in my neighbourhood, [highlight]given that more people actually do virtually worship Allah in the 'Second life' Mosque[/highlight] ?

Nur   

JB

The link your provided is inactive. The idea of doing virtual Mosque or any virtual worship should follow guidleines set by Prophet Muhammad SAWS known as Sunnah.

Simulation has come a long way in our age, but in worship, its important we do the real thing, there is no substitue to praying in a neighborhood Masjid, but you can virtually pay your Zakat fees to a virtual poor person.

You can not make Virtual Hajj by walking through a simulator, but you can possiby have a virtual marriage cerimony(its controversial but in a particular Muslim country, there is a Virtual Sheikh, Mazuun Sharci, who will perform a virtual marriage for a couple, of course one needs to be identified biometrically or thru videoconferencing looking eye to eye with the bride and her father).

Some sites give virtual Shahada ( Attestaion of Accepting Islam) for converting to Islam, like Islamicity.com, but one needs to do it in front of a real masjid gathering and Judge to be Sharia compliant. The moral is that in our time, not all things can go virtual, (i.e. marraige consumation, is a full body, mind and soul contact sport, Long distance Marriages fail)

Nur