Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Finding a spouse Islamically

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

If a Somali woman marries a non-Somali she is cheap? Is that where we are at,
Khalaf
? Your insecurities are showing.

It is the non-somalis who say, Somali ladies are "easy and cheap" not Somali men sister...I still wonder what they mean with that statement..

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by RendezVous:

quote:[qb]
Cheap as in "Easy" to take them for rides...They call them Somali ladies( Easy and cheap..I don't understand what they mean)...
:D:D
but am sorry but you need to improve your ratings

[/i]

What ever rocks your boat- as long as he is muslim.

However i still think there is a misunderstanding between the ladies and the fellas' cuz i am sure the fellas are talking about NON-muslim or NON-practicing foreigners....correct me if iam wrong? :confused:

Because i dont see why you would have a problem with a muslim brother no matter where he is from?

ps- this is off the record' i know our somali sisters have us in the 1st option wether they like to admit it or not! go ahead sisters do ur suuro~ hehe ;)

bilan   

no Mr. farax they're talking about practicing muslim brothers, who because of fate happen to me non-somali, that's what amazes me these people claim to be religious, how can they be religious and at the same time hold onto racist views is beyond me.

^^ becoz they are Somali 1st and Muslim 2nd

Sad but surly their comments clearly supports my comment.

so here i come u all none somali, none complicated, none tribal issues , none jaad eaters,none name callers ( cheap)

:D

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

If a Somali woman marries a non-Somali she is cheap? Is that where we are at,
Khalaf
? Your insecurities are showing.

How is that insecure Ahura?

Let me break it down to u like this. To you walaalshiis um sure not all men are equal in your eyes there are certain things of some brothers which makes them more honorable then others right? To me a woman who has her religion and also who knows and values her history her culture is more expensive then who doesnt care for her culture, her people….and whose boat can be rocked by anybody. Thats all um saying.

Right about now, the none- Somali do sure look very appealing despite of false statement supposedly made by them..

Its not false statement. I have heard with my own ears. Divorces sister (s) wants another one…why cause they cook good rice or anjeera. He neither knows your history or your value, to him your just a “Somali woman†but to your brothers you have a name and a history….and are more important then just cooking rice! I know its not always like this and its by Allahs Will. Another wants to convert just so he can “taste a Somali womanâ€. Of course u wouldnt hear....its between the guys....I know we fought many blacks and even white converts who talk down our women!

My sister don’t be dumb walaalhi….those non-Somalis even though Muslims do you think u as a somali woman are important to them? Who defends and comes to aid in your honor is it them? Nah we do marka your culture is important remember that.

salaamulah

Originally posted by TenaciousSoul*:

Right about now, the none- Somali do sure look very appealing despite of false statement supposedly made by them..

Not an Ice-breaker anymore :D:D go for the best.. The chinese, oh I fogot, The Jamaicans

...so here i come u all none somali, none complicated, none tribal issues , none jaad eaters,none name callers ( cheap)

If you have "never" met a somali man with those characters, then you are already a looser

speak "only" for the "few" day-dreamers who are not proud of their culture and history..

Castro   

The chinese, oh I fogot, The Jamaicans

For all the love and respect you've shown to other races and cultures, wouldn't it be fitting you were caught on a deserted Island with a flaming gay man (half Chinese and the other half, your favorite ( :D ), Jamaican)?

^^ becoz they are Somali 1st and Muslim 2nd

I consider myself to be such, what is wrong with being Somali 1st and Muslim 2nd? icon_razz.gif

^^Everything

In simple.. u r saying, I would let my culture guide me 1st..Than let the creator guide me 2nd… that to me is completely wrong.. and very disturbing to read!

its sad to see that some of us put our culture 1st due to false arrogance vs our religion

we r born muslim 1st ( alhudulillah) than Somali 2nd . plz don’t extend this matter anymore than it has to be

RendezVous,

Somali ladies, beware..The world outside has noticed, you are Just toooooo cheap
But why?

i no longer feel the necessity to reply to someone who have insulted all the Somaliyan woman!

Muranka dhaafa. Marriage is not an easy matter. Soomaalidu waxay tidhaa 'waa god mugdi ah gacan la gal'. As many said, the best thing is try your best and pray more and more and more to Allah for help.

With that said, the issue of Foreigner (be a muslim or not) vs Somali, i would say Somali husband/wife is better as he/she is all in one, i.e. muslim and your kind. So, as it always was East or West old homey home is the best!

Wallaahi, somali brother is the better option sisters, and i mean that. I have nothing againt a sister marrying a muslim brother, but from what i'm hearing the grass is not greener on the other side.

Good luck to everyone.

Aaliyyah   

Asalaamu alaikum

I certainly agree with abdilah that it is better if you marry a Somali. I am not saying culture is more significant then religion. Alhamdu lilaah my religion comes first. However, it is better if you are married to some one who you share with culture, language, and religion. That person you will have more things in common. I mean imagine being married to a white Muslim brother?? What do u two will share other than religion??? But then you might say “religion is the most significant thing that you must share with your spouse†and you are right abt that. Believe me though we are talking about some one you will spend the rest of your life with. Imagine when that person can’t even communicate with your family, not only does he speak different language, but he certainly has different perspective on life, everyone has perspective that is based on his/her culture. I guess that is my 2 cent for 2day.

Wasalaamu alaikum