Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Football Rules...Go Ghana!!!

mojam   

The Ghana football association has apologized for the thing with the Israeli flag.

Ivory Coast, even though lacking the tactical game was the best African team to reach the finals this time around. Ghana is now the only African team left unless Tunisia can pull of a magical thing. I am 100% behind Ghana as long as they don't cross paths with Holland. Ghana has one heck of a team. Anything from a guy running around with an Israeli flag, couple of players doing sujood to celebrate a goal, and a guy making the sign of the cross to celebrate a goal. After all this, it is still one team. Talk about african union.

KEYNAN22   

Rush Limbauge: U.S Team needs To "Enslave" Ghana

http://blogs.foxsports.com/Big___Al/2006/06/20/Rush_Limbaugh_US_Team_Needs_to_Enslave_Ghana

"Now I can state this unequivocally, and with half my brain tied behind my back...the Americans have no chance to beat Ghana in this match. Did you see those little monkeys go in their match against the Czechs? Look, it has been said before, but for those of you in Rio Linda who may have missed it--these guys have been bred for centuries to be good athletes."

The big, fat ***** then offered a solution:

"The way I see it is this: The only way we can beat them is to roll the clock back a couple hundred years. We conservatives are always in favor of that...just ask any commie/pinko/liberal. So here's the plan. Arena needs to go in there, shackle them up, and ship them up the Rhine just like in the good old days. And then we can put them out on the field for our team...guaranteed victory!"

:D:D

Crazy guy!

Viking   

Originally posted by Viking:

I think the African team that will impress the most will be Ghana; people aren't talking about them much especially because they didn't do well in the African Cup of nations. This is because they were missing almost five key players.

Everybody's money was on Ivory Coast before the WC started, except...moi :D

I would have fancied the "Black Stars" to shock the world by beating the "Selecao" but that would prove to be a difficult task, especially without the industrious Essien.

Scarface...Damn Talyaani made it :mad: :mad: but Yanks lost it :D:D Go Ghana!

Ivory coast was just a disappointment but he they had good game yesterday.

Salam,

Glad to see the back of Americans; hahahaa,Well done Ghana, beat the damn yankees!

Now you Guys saw how boys-from-Brazil lift the game to the second level, what a performance boy oh boy, I like to see how they demolish the african boys.

I don't know if Ghana will reach anywhere after that game they played against the US. They haven't had any passing rhythm throughout the whole game. Bug iyo bac. At times they were so afraid to go forward.

We shall see ...

World Cup flop shows how far U.S. still has to go

Friday, June 23, 2006

BOB HUNTER

Columbus Dispatch

20060623-Pc-F1-0900.jpgHey, Ghana. Wanna hook up for a little game of hoops? Betcha’ Kobe could drive right through your whole stinking army.

No? Then how about baseball? Think you could hit Roger Clemens’ fastball? Huh? Do you? Think Barry Bonds would need his ’roids to send your best pitch to the other side of the world?

Or how about golf? Yeah, that’s what we’re talking about. Golf. Tiger Woods, baby. Or hockey. Or football. Yeah, real football. We’ve got some bonebusting galoots who could bench-press your entire country.

So you beat us in soccer, eh? Well, we don’t care. We could beat you if we really wanted to. We could beat you in our sleep. We could beat you anytime, any place. We … We … Awwww.

OK, we’re a little upset over here. When one of the world’s most populated and prosperous nations loses to a West African country "about the size of Indiana and Illinois combined" (or at least that’s what ESPN announcers kept reminding us), when a rich nation that has tried so hard to build a national soccer program as good as any in the world can’t achieve a must-win victory against a place that most of our geography-deficient population has probably never even heard of, it’s hard for a lot of us fistpumping Americans to swallow.

That’s the problem here. We Americans like being the bullies of the sports world. We loved it when the NBA stars joined the U.S. basketball team and started pulverizing little countries that were fielding the equivalent of weak Division III college basketball teams. It was about as boring as anything we’ve ever seen, but we loved it because it made us feel superior.

Well, we’ve never been superior in soccer and certainly aren’t anywhere close to it now. If we can set our own bruised egos aside for a moment, Ghana’s success against the world’s pre-eminent superpower is a good story, a compelling reason to watch these matches. In its first World Cup appearance, Ghana needed only a tie against the United States yesterday to advance to the second round, and its players played as if this game really meant something.

How the Americans felt about the match was never clear. They never looked like a team that was desperate for a win. They never seemed like the aggressors. The 4-5-1 defensive formation U.S. coach Bruce Arena opened with didn’t seem like one designed to jump-start a tired offense, and it never did.

Fire Arena? Well, maybe. But only because that’s what we do. A case can be made that Arena is to blame for his team’s placid play in Germany — when you’re down by a goal and you’ve got to win to advance, why wait until the 61 st minute to send in Eddie Johnson and turn offensive? — but it’s hard to blame him for the fact that Landon Donovan never showed up.

The Americans have talent, but except for parts of that do-or-die match against Italy, it wasn’t clear they had the will to advance. Arena is to blame for some of that — motivation is part of a coach’s job — but world-class players should know when the door is about to hit them in the rump and motivate themselves.

Maybe the worst part of yesterday’s loss will be the lingering notion that America didn’t advance to the second round because of a bad call that gave Ghana a penalty kick and resulted in the game-winning score.

It was a horrible call, but hearing Arena say afterward that if it hadn’t happened, his team would have come out in the second half "with a chance to win the game" is pathetic. The U.S. team would never have been in this precarious position if it had won one of the previous two.

The Americans’ brief World Cup experience is over, not because of one call, but because it couldn’t mount any offense.

Of all 32 teams in Germany, the United States will finish last in shots on goal with four. Next worse? Trinidad and Tobago with seven.

Hey, Trinidad and Tobago. Wanna get together for a little game of horse?

Aw, never mind.

Bob Hunter is a sports columnist for The Dispatch

Yanks Cashar ubaah naayeen. How could anyone playing in MLS be taken seriously.

People don't count Ghana out yet even though Essien won't be in the line up. The Brazilians had shaky start,and looked weak against the Aussies.

I can't believe Italy made it. :mad: :mad:

Refereeing in this world is horrible. I couldn't believe the matches that were played yesterday. Sad, Holland had to go out dat.

I hope they got a good referee for the Ghana macth!

SoMa_InC   

^^^lol.

As much as I want the African representatives to win against Brazil, it is going to be very hard for them. The suspension of Essien will be a key factor but I will still be behind them.

This year footie is coming home, it's coming home ... football is coming is coming home. icon_razz.gif sorry Aussies cannot run like kangroos, cricket is your thing, no luck with footie - sorry chaps

Tahliil   

I think those of us who are rooting for Ghanains and wavin their flag and cheerin and dancing to their rhytem, and hopin a win against, against huhuhuhuh yeah a win against Brazil are simply settin themselves up for a horrible disappointment...

unless we follow the Italian footsteps and do what the Italians are doing and do it big, i think we stand no chance...yeah, the Italian play book simply Pay up the referees...give them one of them Coccoa farms in Akra....two PKs and couple of FK in the 18 will secure a win...yeah...I think we should be attackin the referees with handful of offers. The Italians are doing...and I bet the Germs will soon start doing it...All bets are off in this W C...