Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

Somaliland is Hargeisa only and Hargeisa is Somaliland

Taleexi   

Indeed TIA!, this is Africa, have you watched blood diamond.?, Mr. Northerner, unless your administration realizes the universality of self-determination and aspirations of all peoples, I am afraid that your people may be singing in a vacuum.

Rest assured, hope your administration develops further in the areas of its domain and eventually integrates into the Somali Republic...

N.O.R.F   

Some nifty footwork there Mansa (side stepping my Q) but the Somali Republic you talk of (if you can still call it that) is in dire straits today.

I hope these land issues are resolved peacfully.

Taleexi   

Dear Mr. Northerner, I thought we saw things eye to eye, have no clue what triggered your concern and raised your eyebrows. I said time and again that Ethiopian occupation must cease by any means necessary. However, the current TFG, which I am not inclined the way it runs Somali affairs, is the only political entity that almost all Somalis are represented. In addition, I am for union rather dismembering the motherland for many reasons,I don't even want that you guys annex the union for many reasons that many Somalis may either don't know or ignoring.

Very true, there is a rocky road to take in order to achieve what we both really expect from a Somali Republic but same is truth in your administration, isn't it. I ask?

N.O.R.F   

Mansa Munsa

I already know your stance with regard to recent developments. However, those who support the union should not support just any old fart(s) who happens to be in the hot seat. Look at Yeey today. He is the head of the Republic. But lets not pretend he is the man for the job of re-unification. Running along with such a man/entity for the sake of ‘unity’ is wrong in my book. Are there any alternatives? I guess not at this moment in time. I’ll I’m saying is that the united Somalia ideology is dead and buried with the current leaders of Somalia. Unless these guys are removed (which nearly happened in 2006) and better more noble people installed, then reer SL will not take the call for re-unification seriously.

The SL admin have many faults and they should remain on their course with more astuteness.

Taleexi   

..But we have to put things into perspective, say you don't like how Riyaale runs Somaliland, that doesn't make you that you become anti-Somaliland and totally against SL getting its recognition because Sl is not Riyaale's property, it is for all its citizens, is it not?, in life you mend what you have in most of the cases than starting from scratch.

By the same token, I am greatly dissatisfied Abdillahi Yusuf's leadership of Somalia. However, generations come and go and Yusuf being the head of the state shouldn't make me to abandon my principles for unity. don't you think the same. I ask?

N.O.R.F   

^^True that.

But we are a suspicious lot. The climate must be right (noble leaders and not warlords) for any reconciliation to be considered. This doesn’t look like happening anytime soon.

Agree?

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^True that.

But we are a suspicious lot. The climate must be right (noble leaders and not warlords) for any reconciliation to be considered. This doesn’t look like happening anytime soon.

Agree?

I am very satisfied with how you squared the issue away..change always takes time and I agree, you see we concentrate a lot on our insignificant differences but our commonalities outweigh our differences, have a good time in wherever you are!.. finally, you put a big :D on my face.