Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

This is a good news

Very Good News in the way of thinking, We all hope that the next generation move the nation forward and hope that they leave the dull forsight of their parents and look to the future of a united and a stronger nation.

Good Help Somalia and its people.

AYOUB   

Good news but what's the catch?

Suldanka did you say 'here downUnder'?

As for the Qarshe quote it goes some like

aqoon la'aani waa iftiin la'aan

waa aqal iyo ilays la'aan.....

Sky   

good news. i heard about the mass campaign of "bringing somali kids back to school" of unicef for somalia earlier this month. the emphasis is increasing girl participation. they are going to build a large number of primary/secondary schools in NE somalia too with a minimum quota for girls, i dont know about south somalia. so if theres any catch, that would be that girl enrollment is forced on the parents. pretty good catch innit?

SOO MAAL   

Definitely this is good news

Education is power, and it could solve almost everything, also it is wise to eliminate ignorance that caused a lot of problems for Somalis. It is a noble act to invest in the future and educate succeeding generations.

"If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people." ~~ Chinese proverb

N.O.R.F   

lool you right burco does have especiall place in most peoples heart, it will always be our cultural capital (hidiyo dhaqan) but i was there in ramadan for the first time in ten years and alot has changed you wont see a single bud or toori

and they all eat fish and salad

loool, what about when your at a somali restaurant and they bring u cutlery to eat with, i'm like what is this for? :D

nuune   

gute nachrichten in der Tat

posted by soomaal

"If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people." ~~ Chinese proverb

The chineese are way ahead of us.

Blessed   

Qudhac lol.. Well I guess every tradition has an expiry date.. and since Burco it's the cultural capital.. change in the social context is bound to occure there....soon Hargaisawis too will be sitting in makhaayads, sipping shaah and bouncing poetic rythem of the walls. It's the in thing, I hear. LOL

Originally posted by nuune:

gute nachrichten in der Tat

posted by soomaal

quote:

The chineese are way ahead of us.
Not really, their education system is based on a capitalist ideology where the rich get access to an excellent level of schooling.

and the poor get short changed by the state :rolleyes:

Hence; providing a system that makes the rich richer and keeping the poor as they are. This creates and legitimizes a class divide – very bad for Somalis.

Children of Somalia deserve better…insha Allah!

Qudhac   

Ameenah

loool @ poetic rythem off the walls... very imaginative

But seriously i agree with your about what exacly getting "education" means to different societies while in the west it probally is a part of the system to robatise as education is probaly the best weapon to turn individualls to part of the system make them milking cows of the future.

but for somalis we have to adapt it to suit us and our soceities need for example we could drive qabiil ideology out using education, Education does not have to be about teaching kids how worthless you will be unless you make alot of money.

we dont have to always follow the wests ideology instead we could follow the chinese or the arabs of yester years by encouraging a individuall to seek knowledge for the sake of "enlightenment" alone rather than financiall gain, by building acadamies of excellence.

this way in the long term we will properly produce more visionaries, philosophers and great leaders.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

On the real though, why do some people assume Burcawis are such xaryamy reer miyis?

Some dude wouldn't have it that I was reer Burco.. he had the audacity to tell me.. laakin waad dabeecad fiicantahay.. ma noqon kartid.. :mad: :mad: .at that I've threatened to beat the crap outa him.. he believed me after that
:D

lol...Ameenah its classic "dacayad" between Hargeisawiis and reer Burco. Since we are kickin around prejudice I might add that the quick tempered assumption may not be so far fetched with you folks, and a bit on the irrational side too :D . For real though, I'm ashamed to say I've never seen Burco it sounds like a must stop from the way some of my friends are nostalgic about it. Problem is I don't really have any fams in that neck of tha woods, so Ameenah care to show a lil reer burco hospitality ? ;)

AYOUB_SHEIKH,

You heard that right bro. Laakin, I am still waiting... I mean for that email...

loooooooool @Ameenah and Lander

Waan ka helaa the dacaayadda between reer Hargeisa iyo rer Burco, it cracks me up. There was this reer Burco guy the otherday, who said: Horta kuwiinan reer Hargeysa, meydaan xishoonayn, maxaad inanta keeshali ugu iibin weydeen. Guess what he was refering to? Hargeisa's Naasa-hablood hills. lol

UNICEF looks forward to join hands with everybody in that effort and particularly to the leadership of the Minister of Education.

Hadal lagu diirsado ayuu ninkaas unicefta ka socdaa sheegay...

It seems the ball is in our court now. Waa in imika a huge campaign la bilaabo oo Hal-abuurka iyo Heesaaga Dalku waa inay sameeyaan suugaan cusub iyo hal ku dhegyo walidiinta iyo caruurta lagu dhiirinaayo inay dugsiyadda u diraan caruurta. This is something we excell in, we are more than capable of that kind of campaigns. We need to milk this new change of heart from the Unicef. :D

~~~Waanada Macallinka~~~

Waxan ahay

waadiga dugsiyada

Waxaan ahay

waanada macallinka

Waagii beryaba

Ubax laga waraabshoo

Waxaan ku werweraynaa

Waddankiina wax u barta

Oo ogaada waajibkiina

Wahsan mayno

Ka waaban mayno

Warwareegi maynoo

Weecweecan maynee

Guul wacan

Nolol wanaagsan

Iyo barwaaqo

Nabad lagu wadaagoo

Ha ku waaro waddankeenu

Waddankeenu waa

Wadnihii jidhkeena

Waraabinaayey dhiigoo

Waan ku wardiyeynaa

N.O.R.F   

There was this reer Burco guy the otherday, who said: Horta kuwiinan reer Hargeysa, meydaan xishoonayn, maxaad inanta keeshali ugu iibin weydeen. Guess what he was refering to? Hargeisa's Naasa-hablood hills. lol

:D:D

Lets just hope things are done right and proper, actions speaker louder than kalmadho.

What are the priority subjects?

Literature, ie reading/writing/pronounciation)somali/carabi/english)

Health, ie looking after one's self with many diseases around.

Education, ie making one determined to achieve success through some sort of system of education - probably more a govnt target.