Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

..........SHOULD PUNTLAND DECLARE INDEPENDENCY?.......

Originally posted by somalipride:
quote:

PL is hostage to the Caddes and the Gaagaabs.

You truely are a fool, bottom line.
Gee, thanks. ;)

You are someone that supported Afweynes dictatorship and claim it was the best for Somalia. Yet, President Cade Muse who was voted in and didnt use force or a coup,

Actually, when Gen. Siyad Barre (allaha u naxaristo) came to power in 1969, the vast majority of Somalis supported him, even though it was a coup. Back then, people were sick and tired of Reer Baadiye politicians in power (you know who) who bragged nonstop about power and wealth, blah blah.

Since history repeats itself, if you go to Boosaaso today, you'll see their offspring bragging about power and wealth. Reer Bari run everything in the commercial capital like its their own backyard, thanks to Gen. Cadde, right? No wonder you're happy. smile.gif But Somalis are all the same, nonetheless. Those in power are known to take historical shit on the rest.

However, ask yourself: when did Liban Boqor (Cadde's kin) become such a top-knotch figure in PL politics? Some say he's more powerful than actual PL ministers (skeletons, really). Suddenly, he's meeting with so-called TFG ministers in Jowhar? Why? He and Gaagaab are Cadde's #1 advisors. You know Cadde is such a dissappointing chap? Because he's got Gaagaab (his nemesis during the elections) not only as finance minister, but also as his #1 advisor. Ain't that strange? Not really, considering the fact that Gaagaab is an extension of Col Yeey. So who's really the Daddy of Puntland (vis a vis the "paper" Daddy)? ;)Xaaladu waxay isbadashay markii labo qoys dhusadooda laga faadhin waaye. Ummadii oo dhanna ceeb baad usoo hoydeen.

Mentioning Qardho...shows that there is more of an underlining jealousy towards the presidents that goes far
beyond
politics.

What is it about then? Do you think its about Cadde's eating etiquette? Get real - its pure politics. And if caruurtii Reer X continue to use PL as their family's own backyard, then only Allah knows where this unpleasant political marriage (i.e. PL) is headed. :D

Ngonge

I have no idea why any sane Puntlander would even dream of asking for independence now!

Why not bro, Just tell me what has PL to lose if they seperate, tell me one good reason. I know you would mention the S-word (Somaliweyn) but I considre that to be a big time fart, Somaliweyn is a dead fish in the water. Let everyone go its way.

15 years is enough to be lost, lets not lose another 15.

Thankful   

I don´t know why I contiue to always respond, I just have never seen such ignorance.

Suddenly, he's meeting with so-called TFG ministers in Jowhar? Why? He and Gaagaab are Cadde's #1 advisors. You know Cadde is such a dissappointing chap? Because he's got Gaagaab (his nemesis during the elections) not only as finance minister, but also as his #1 advisor.

Gaagaab was running for VP and Hashi for Pres, both were not successful. For someone like you that supported Afweyne dictatoship which would have either killed or put anyone that went against him in jail would not understand the meaning of working together, this is a democracy that is still in its infancy and not afweyne´s dictatorship. Gaagaab and Faroole (who also ran against Pres Cade)are both part of the Presidents Admin. They were never nemesis´s but rather competitors. Gaagaab and Faroole have a big influence on their respected area´s of Puntland and are both highly capable. See that is why they were all running for such high positions. They are all grown men who want to see puntland improve and dont hold petty grudges.

"Reer Baadiye politicians in power (you know who)"; "when did Liban Boqor (Cadde's kin)"; "And if caruurtii Reer X continue to use PL as their family's own backyard"; "Since history repeats itself, if you go to Boosaaso today, you'll see their offspring bragging about power and wealth. Reer Bari run everything in the commercial capital like its their own backyard, thanks to Gen. Cadde, right? No wonder you're happy. But Somalis are all the same, nonetheless. Those in power are known to take historical shit on the rest".

Like I said, their is a jealousy that goes far beyond politics. I dont even have to really respond. If you mentioned anything that we could debate, i´d be glad to. But "Some say he's more powerful than actual PL ministers", well I just got back from there and let me say SOME PEOPLE SAY A LOT OF THINGS. Everyone has an opinion on something. But if you have an issue with Cade´s kin, eating etiquette, reer boqor, reer bari or qardo. Then I can´t help you, those are your problems. Have you ever met any of these people you speak of? Or is everything second hand info? Regardless, President Cade is working with men that he once ran against for the greater good of Puntland. The days of killing, throwning in jail are over!!

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

I will tell you one good reason why you won't break away. It will be a lack of support of the local population who will choose 100% to remain with Somalia and hope for peaceful reconcilation.

N.O.R.F   

Puntland will not want to be independent in the name of Nationalism. The same nationalism that resulted in many years of anarchy and chaos. The same nationalism that resulted in many (if any at all) not voicing their concerns on Siad Barre's actions in the 'other' part of Somalia in the late 80s, as this was seen as being a nationalist. This is misguided nationalism, this is actually a guilty concience on failing Somalia and the Somali ppl. Yes Somlia may become a federal state but this will not be seen as a victory for the nationalist from P/land who failed the country in the first place. Maybe if they were real nationalists and really cared for their ppl (not just those in P-land) theyw ould voiced/spoken out against Siad Barre, but hey life was too good to be un-nationalistic in those days. :cool:

I dont even know why you guys are talking about a deal that is already finalized and that is not goin to be stopped by the federal gov. or the State gov. of Somaliland. The fact of the matter is that you guys wont even reach the Soles on Gen.Cadde's shoes or Liban Musse Boqors. So quit yall yappin and the day yall ready to input something productive we will listen to your suggestions.

Sky   

Northerner, your ignorance or vicious historical distortion annoys me. FYI its a recorded fact that people from NE Somalia were the first victims of Barre's brutal policies towards rebellious clans. This was in the end of the 70s, a time where your folks were **************************

Accept the fact that Somaliland as a republic is only a dream. No one will recognise you for goodness sake, use all this energy for realistic goals.

No need insult to mothers or sexual references, baliis.

[ October 28, 2005, 21:56: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Originally posted by Sky:

Northerner,

FYI its a recorded fact that people from NE Somalia were the first victims of Barre's brutal policies towards rebellious clans. This was in the end of the 70s, a time where your folks were busy ***************.

Had nothing to do with Barre. They just kiss whoever's in charge. Riyaale goes to Hargeisa, look at how many hugs he gets. Its like Eminem visiting TRL. :D

[ October 28, 2005, 21:57: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Red Sea

I will tell you one good reason why you won't break away. It will be a lack of support of the local population who will choose 100% to remain with Somalia and hope for peaceful reconcilation.

Yes I agree with you, a lot of P'landers are dead against the idea, but I can assure you they want stability, and that is immposible while you are linking you future to the lawless south, the best thing to do is sevear all connection with the south and declear independency.

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

Whoever posted this thread was probably saying let me just put out there something crazy and out of proportion like "Puntland state declaring independence" and then all of the sudden all the non thinkers in this form fell for it. However I am not surprised, because except few but most of go whichever way the wind is blowing. That defines your believes that you don't stand for anything, you are people that can influenced by even what a fool throws out there just to say I posted a thread. Most of you are still saying that Somaliland declaring independence is just crazy dream, so I am asking does one of you who supports Independent Puntland has the right to say anything about Somaliland when he/she wants to break the Somalis apart?

I think it's bad and ignorant idea to even think about declaring independence at this time, because your president Abdullahi Yusuf is still in business and you don't want to spoil that from him, he will turn on you and take seat from the temporary president of Puntland Gen. Modoobe Muse.

Salamu Calaykum and Ramadan Karim.

May be we need to start dreaming wild dreams like the ********..........

Maybe,we need to start dreaming about having our own nation like them, a nation led by handicaps and retarded people like Faysal Cali Waraabe and a nation led by warmongers like **** who murdered thousandsof people while leading SNM and also while he claims that his clan are seceding because they were massacred b y the former govt.....We need to start being hypocrites and start creating a dreamland where we do whatever we want, even, LIKE the current dreamer VP Yasin, raping young girls for the simple reason that a witch advises you to do it.......

Respect other members and behave yourself, baliis

[ October 28, 2005, 21:49: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Red Sea

Most of you are still saying that Somaliland declaring independence is just crazy dream,

Its you and your likes who think like that, not me and open minded people, Somaliland has proven to be the most advanced, civelised region in "Greater Somalia". and its not weakness to admit that. While Puntland could do great things and advance beyond imagination, its ****** like Red Sea who are holding it back. To suggest that YeeY would be back to P'land if they declare independencyis rubish.

N.O.R.F   

what a reaction :D

Sky says:

This was in the end of the 70s

What about the 80s??? Ahh i see, a case of 'its not our problem' lets be nationalistic (or gabilistic) for Adeero's sake

Mess up the country and then talk of nationalism a decade later :rolleyes: give me a break.