Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

..........SHOULD PUNTLAND DECLARE INDEPENDENCY?.......

Originally posted by Alpha-Geeljire:

quote: Some people suggested that this is the time for puntland to declare independency and think about its future, Some say we should wait this new federal government if it will work for few more years then decide, While some are dead against the idea all together.

I think the only person who has a say in Puntland's independence (or not) is Abdullahi Yusef......the
DICTATOR.
:D
your dam right waryaa but "Dictator" only Said Barre comes to mind when I hear that word.

BIG NO! NO! TO PUNTLAND INDEPENDENCY WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SOMALIDIID BUT IF SOMALIDIID GET'S INDEPENDENCYY WE ARE GOING RIGHT AFTER THEM.

Absolutely not!

Why should puntland always be
hostage
to the yalaxows, the Caatos and The Qanyares.

Correction...the people of Xamar are hostages to the Yalaxows and the Caatos and the Qanyares, not PL. However, PL is hostage to the Caddes and the Gaagaabs. Any differences? Probably not. All are men of different shades with the aim of filling their bottomless stomachs.

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Camel Mlik:

quote:Originally posted by Alpha-Geeljire:

quote:

Some people suggested that this is the time for puntland to declare independency and think about its future, Some say we should wait this new federal government if it will work for few more years then decide, While some are dead against the idea all together.

I think the only person who has a say in Puntland's independence (or not) is Abdullahi Yusef......the
DICTATOR.
:D
your dam right waryaa but "Dictator" only Said Barre comes to mind when I hear that word.

BIG NO! NO! TO PUNTLAND INDEPENDENCY WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SOMALIDIID BUT IF SOMALIDIID GET'S INDEPENDENCYY WE ARE GOING RIGHT AFTER THEM.

my friend dont worry the somalidiid lot are are radical revolutionaries. where they go other somalis usually follow.

Imitated but Never dublicated :D:D

I support the succession of Somaliland......GO SOMALILAND smile.gif

our dam right waryaa but "Dictator" only Said Barre comes to mind when I hear that word.

As for my friend Mr.Xooga-wax-ka-maqan, I think we all know that Siyaad was a dictator, no one is arguing with you.

BUT IF SOMALIDIID GET'S INDEPENDENCYY WE ARE GOING RIGHT AFTER THEM.

If Somaliland jumps off a bridge, would Puntland to? KIDDO

We've been the guardian of "somaliweyn" for a long time now. Our people are people who are true nationalists and pioneers of how to rule a country.

Whilst the North-West opted for "independence" because they were afraid of dealing with other Somalis mainly clan x and y because tradionally it was this two clans who have fought for the leadership of Somalia.

On the contrary our brothers in the south have chosen a different path, mainly the path of anarchism, which they seem fairly happy with because as someone told me, who recently came from Moqadisho the people are happy with the "chaos", their argument being "we don't want to see clan x back in power and once again sitting on our heads".

Also they want to see a "Siyaadstyle" central government with Moqadisho being the only city that is going to profit from it like in the olden days.

We've got the best system and proposal because we are once again pioneering the political landscape of our country with the "Federal system", in which every state of the country is autonomous and with it's own parliament and president.

That's in fact the middle way, we haven't come all the way to only declare our "sovereignty".

However I agree with you that it is quite frustrating to wait for the south to finally accept peace and to stop the anarchism state they have been in for the last fifteen years.

So what is the solution, I believe that if we can't defeat them militarily and bring the rule of law to them, then obviously we've to guard our regions and strive for economical development and the expansion of our security forces.

With the help of our brothers in the Ethiopian and Kenyan governments respectively and the unification and reconcilation with every Somali clan that wants peace inshallah it will only be a matter of time until the carriers of the Banner of the "Soomaalidiid" of both of the North-West and the South mainly Benadir region are defeated with the help of Allah, godwillingly.

RedSea   
Originally posted by Yoonis:

"On the contrary our brothers in the south have chosen a different path, mainly the path of anarchism, which they seem fairly happy with because as someone told me, who recently came from Moqadisho the people are happy with the "chaos", their argument being "we don't want to see clan x back in power and once again sitting on our heads".

Salamu Calaykum

brother Yoonis as much as I respect you and would like to agree with you yet I can't except you saying that the Somalis living in Moqdisho are happy with the Chaos. No human kind with a feeling can ever be happy with chaos but what you rather meant is that they have given up hope when the problems overwhelmed them. Don't take and rely on the opinion of someone who probably doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Listen the cries and mourning of the people living in those regions before you make such jugements.

Salamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

So you guys are giving up on our Somaliweyn dream. I am disgusted with you. I had no idea that you would come to a conclusion like this after arguing and defending Somaliweyn so much. However if you decide that you want Puntland to step aside then speak for yourself. You don't represent the Somalis living in the eastern regions of Somalia, they are 100% for Somaliweyn. If you decide to break away then you just wasting your energy on empty space. First you should ask yourself who is with me? the answer is that no body will even take you seriously if you say such thing, so don't make fool of yourselves guys.Now enjoy this line from "Soomali waa mid, wax lakala qaybsho malaha, dibaa loo noqonayaa walanoqonayaa" ( Qabyo part 1) and this few lines from the famous gabay of Mahamud Suldan Timacade; dugsi male qabyaaladi waxay dumiso mooyee.

Dugsi male qabyaladi waxay

dumiso moyee

aniga uun baa

damqanayee

dhaguhu uma

dhaloolaane

dadka aan lahadlayaa

ayaan lahayn dix

iyo imaane

bal inay fahanto nacastu

kor iyo hoosba waan

ugu dhigi tixda gabayga.

N.O.R.F   

We've been the guardian of "somaliweyn" for a long time now. Our people are people who are true nationalists and pioneers of how to rule a country.

Whilst the North-West opted for "independence" because they were afraid of dealing with other Somalis mainly clan x and y because tradionally it was this two clans who have fought for the leadership of Somalia.

There you have right there, P-landers are for those heady days of heading Somalia and everything that came with it, Nationalism only comes 2nd :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

Ignoring all the rhetoric and empty flag waving; when it comes to actual politics and choosing the safest strategy, Puntland comes out on top. They’re part of the Federal government yet are also very autonomous. They’ve chosen the halfway house of hedging their bets, and one has to admit that this is the safest possible option. If (I can hear Tolstoy & co already replacing that word with WHEN) Somaliland gets recognition, Puntland can dive in quickly and demand the same treatment. If on the other hand the problems of Somalia proper are solved, Puntland can also jump in and make the most of the early day funds that will pour into a peaceful and functioning federal government. This is not because the president is from that region (though that surely is a bonus) it will have more to do with the relatively advanced and organised condition of Puntland as opposed to the disorganisation of the southern regions. At any rate, it’s a win/win situation.

I have no idea why any sane Puntlander would even dream of asking for independence now!

Yours

Mr Obvious.

Thankful   

PL is hostage to the Caddes and the Gaagaabs.

You truely are a fool, bottom line.

You are someone that supported Afweynes dictatorship and claim it was the best for Somalia. Yet, President Cade Muse who was voted in and didnt use force or a coup, is the one that is holding Puntland Hostage? Comparing him to the warlords in Mogadishu, do you see the irony?

Mentioning Qardho and Reer boqor, shows that there is more of an underlining jealousy towards the presidents that goes far beyond politics. But then again, someone that supported a president that used military force to gain and keep power, wouldnt understand the difference between an elected president or a dictator.

Sky   

^Somalipride let's not call each other fools. You are right its rather foolish to praise Siad Barre's tenure and slander Cadde's administration. Windtalker is known to be an inconsistent individual, but that's his problem.

I have no idea why any sane Puntlander would even dream of asking for independence now!

I don't know either. :confused:

Absolutely NOT. And the reason - could not have said it better than the honourable Mr obvious "Ngonge"

"when it comes to actual politics and choosing the safest strategy, Puntland comes out on top. They’re part of the Federal government yet are also very autonomous. They’ve chosen the halfway house of hedging their bets, and one has to admit that this is the safest possible option. If (I can hear Tolstoy & co already replacing that word with WHEN) Somaliland gets recognition, Puntland can dive in quickly and demand the same treatment. If on the other hand the problems of Somalia proper are solved, Puntland can also jump in and make the most of the early day funds that will pour into a peaceful and functioning federal government. This is not because the president is from that region (though that surely is a bonus) it will have more to do with the relatively advanced and organised condition of Puntland as opposed to the disorganisation of the southern regions. At any rate, it’s a win/win situation.

I have no idea why any sane Puntlander would even dream of asking for independence now!"

Cheers

SOO MAAL   

Salamu Calaykum,

So you guys are giving up on our Somaliweyn dream. I am disgusted with you. I had no idea that you would come to a conclusion like this after arguing and defending Somaliweyn so much. However if you decide that you want Puntland to step aside then speak for yourself. You don't represent the Somalis living in the eastern regions of Somalia, they are 100% for Somaliweyn. If you decide to break away then you just wasting your energy on empty space. First you should ask yourself who is with me? the answer is that no body will even take you seriously if you say such thing, so don't make fool of yourselves guys.Now enjoy this line from "Soomali waa mid, wax lakala qaybsho malaha, dibaa loo noqonayaa walanoqonayaa" ( Qabyo part 1) and this few lines from the famous gabay of Mahamud Suldan Timacade; dugsi male qabyaaladi waxay dumiso mooyee.

Dugsi male qabyaladi waxay

dumiso moyee

aniga uun baa

damqanayee

dhaguhu uma

dhaloolaane

dadka aan lahadlayaa

ayaan lahayn dix

iyo imaane

bal inay fahanto nacastu

kor iyo hoosba waan

ugu dhigi tixda gabayga.

Very good to see honest brother from northwest advising people from northeast

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Ignoring all the rhetoric and empty flag waving; when it comes to actual politics and choosing the safest strategy, Puntland comes out on top. They’re part of the Federal government yet are also very autonomous. They’ve chosen the halfway house of hedging their bets, and one has to admit that this is the safest possible option. If (I can hear Tolstoy & co already replacing that word with WHEN) Somaliland gets recognition, Puntland can dive in quickly and demand the same treatment. If on the other hand the problems of Somalia proper are solved, Puntland can also jump in and make the most of the early day funds that will pour into a peaceful and functioning federal government. This is not because the president is from that region (though that surely is a bonus) it will have more to do with the relatively advanced and organised condition of Puntland as opposed to the disorganisation of the southern regions. At any rate, it’s a win/win situation.

Yours

Mr Obvious.

Ngonge, you made a thorough analysis,and could be a possible scenario

I would suggest Somaliland as well, to follow Puntland example, since it is the safest strategy, join their Somali brotherly Somali people, taking their share of Somalia’s federal system, while enjoying autonomy regional administration, I am sure it will be win-win situation for Somaliland as well

Ok Calm down folks

Some people are still dreaming of repeating the high days for Puntlanders in somaliweyn, but we have to realise its gone with the wind.

they are 100% for Somaliweyn.

Well I really don't understand what does Somaliweyn means, are we talking realities here or empty slogans, please lets talk pragmatic realistic programmes.

Ok I recognise PL won't be recognised if they seperate, but don't you think it will make its government start focusing on rebuilding, but while we worry about Jowhar and Xamar how can you that, can't we see how S'land diveloped while PL was busy on taking sides and supporting war lords of the south. What will PL lose if they follow their SL brothers, their pride? I think its better to lose your pride rather than lose your brain and stay in that mess for another 15 years.