Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

..........SHOULD PUNTLAND DECLARE INDEPENDENCY?.......

Some people suggested that this is the time for puntland to declare independency and think about its future, Some say we should wait this new federal government if it will work for few more years then decide, While some are dead against the idea all together. but Hey whats wrong with independency, are we always going to be hostages of the criminal gangs and warlords based in Mugadishu who don't want to see law and order restored. Although I don't think an independent Puntland will be recognised by the international community but it will give the government of Puntland the opportunity to focus its resources and effort on rebuilding Puntland, look at Somaliland, they have ZERO interest on whats happening on the south, and that made them focus on their domestic issues and rebuilding the country. I am not in favor of seeing the dismentel of Somalia, but is there anything called Somalia any more?

Its time of people of Puntland to decide their future, there is no hope from deep south to save this battered nation, so let every one go their own way.

J.Lee   

Puntland already declared an independence of sorts maandhow. I believe it was around the late nineties. smile.gif

Originally posted by Wordette:

Puntland already declared an independence of sorts maandhow. I believe it was around the late nineties.
smile.gif

Hey Wordette, why don't you change ur moniker to 'maandhowette' since ur so fond of that word. Lol!

Boowee...Independence from whom? :confused:

If your concern is rebuilding Pland....by all means, go ahead , ain't nobody stopping you, but breaking away from Somalia is BIG NO!!!!!!!!!!

uchi   

NO

Independents from what dude? Puntland IS Somalia, brother this is ridicules idea. Just because few blood sucking maggots are causing problems shouldn't mean we should turn our backs on the rest of our people.

look at Somaliland, they have ZERO interest on whats happening on the south, and that made them focus on their domestic issues

Brother that is just heartless talk, we are all in this together... this antinomy of segregation is old and this generation should be making the difference, not negalecting thier given education overseas with a set of clean morals.

SOO MAAL   

NO

We don't have to waste time on clan-factions (i.e. somaliland, puntland, hiiraanland, jubba dhexe) because qabiil qaran ma noqdu (Dugsi male qabyaaladu waxay dumiso mooyee)

Puntland should don’t make the same miscalculation of Somaliland, set eyes on Somaliland after 15 years of nonsense campaign, do Puntland want years of infinite nonsense mirage ?

Somalia dadkeeda ey wali kusii jirtu wadaninimada iyo doomaalinimada ayaa u maqan

LONG LIVE SOMALIA

soomaaliya hanoolatu

J.Lee   

There is a difference between the two.

Not really. Autonomy can be and is (sometimes) a form of independence.

:D @Socod.

I see a lot of opposition from Puntlanders, But WHY NOT? Why should puntland always be hostage to the yalaxows, the Caatos and The Qanyares.

You might wonder how is that? for so long the efforts and resources of this region was being used and spent on different warlords, such as SRRC, Morgan, Shatiguduud, Cali mahdi, gabyow, you name it. This irrisponsible act by previouse puntland leaders specially "YeeY" caused funds to be diverted from schools, health, security etc.

And now the same thing is happening, funds and resources are being diverted to Jowhar and other places.

My arguiment is once you declare independency you have focus and goals, forget about this illusive so called SOMALIWEYN which does not exist anymore.

So lets put Puntlands interest first and start sorting out its problems.

Sky   

Wordette, you know what he means, luggooyonimada iska dhaaf'e. icon_razz.gif Baashi means independance in sovereignty. Sovereignty and autonomacy are two different cajones.

Aluminium, a BIG NO! Puntland has invested big time in the south's politics. That was not for nothing sxb.

Some people suggested that this is the time for puntland to declare independency and think about its future, Some say we should wait this new federal government if it will work for few more years then decide, While some are dead against the idea all together.

I think the only person who has a say in Puntland's independence (or not) is Abdullahi Yusef......the DICTATOR. :D