Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Our Destiny, as Somalis!

Hibo   

Asalamu Calaykum W W

This is my first post in these Forums. I tried initiating intelligible discussions on the SomaliNet Forums, but to no avail. Hopefully this will have a more rewarding result.

My question to all Somali people, regardless of clan affiliation or place of birth, is this:

At this rate, where does OUR DESTINY, as Somalis, lie?

Think about the answer carefully. In terms of our social and economic well-being, our cultural and religious integrity, our position in the world of today, etc.

I believe the answer is closer than you think!

Nabadgelyo...

Haashim   

The destiny of our country lies in the hands of our people, as ALLAH S.W.T SAID IN THE QURAN:

ALLAH DID NOT CHANGE THE NATION UNTILL THEY CHANGE (WITHIN)THEMSELVES = (INALAAHA LAA YUQAYIRU MAA BI QAWMIN XATAA YUQAYIRUU MAA BI ANFUSIHIM).

-correct my the translation if it's wrong-

the word MAA BI ANFUSIHIM ( within themselves) could be from bad to good and vice versa, So, yesterday we changed from bad to worse and today we can change from worse to good or even best.

HASHU MAANKEYGA GADAYI MA MASAARBEY LIQDAY

I think our destiny as somali people In terms of our social and economic well-being, our cultural and religious integrity, our position in the world of today all lie with us somali ppl that are dispearsed all around the world. We have a duty to Educate ourselves and our children, we have a duty to care about the fate of our ppl still back in somalia. And we have a duty to disgard our tribial affiliations otherwise we risk continuing what happened back home.

Our destiny lies in Understanding, and indeed Acknowledging the fact that without a country of our own, we will continue to move around the four coners of the earth the unwanted nomads. The Rope that links us back to our culture and religon and our Language (which is crucial our tradition being oral) will be weakend to the point where Assimilation will be very common.

Before we try and work our how to prevent, indeed slow this process that is occuring now. We need to rember how we got to this stage. A continued Ignorance of this, or worse yet continued Qaabil Preference will render any hopes hopeless regardless of how developed the infrastructure, or services become when peace returns to somalia.

Like our wise Nomad Muraad Rightly points out.ALLAH S.W.T SAID IN THE QURAN:

ALLAH DID NOT CHANGE THE NATION UNTILL THEY CHANGE (WITHIN)THEMSELVES.

So we need to start to make that change, n quickly. Otherwise our destiny will not lie in our future, our Culture awareness n development, and our Observance to Practising our Deen Al-Islam might be lost.