Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Now what ?

SamiGyrl   

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo man i luv watching you people get all hot and bothered!!!

Well well well why is it that yall cant handle the truth?

LMaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ok ok am leaving but thanks for the fun.

smile.gif

Good luck with Xamar and how many warlords?

Buuuuu Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-Citizen Sami

Originally posted by Northerner:

lets change the topic to what can be done to improve the lives of those living in s/land ie health system changes, economic issues, development issues, education system etc

Northerner, saxib the last time I visited Somaliland, the prestigious SHEIK boarding school and the big hospital in Sheikh were the epitome of ideal public institutions in Somalia. Now I hear the school is showing signs of neglect and the famous Hospital needs urgent repairs to stay standing.

The city of Burco which has experienced its share of destruction as a result of feuding rival clans is the surprise story in our saga. Perhaps nothing is more telling than the demise of what was once a beautiful city as far as the direction our nation took as a whole and the speed at which things had disintegrated is concerned. But equally remarkable is the resilience and the resolve of our people and their industrious capacity. Most of the Burco inhabitants found refuge outside of Burco, primarily the city of YIROOWE. But many have returned and have rebuilt their homes. Their story is a success story and should be used as a paradigm by all others. Despite all the successes, the people of Burco still need help with rebuilding the city infrastructure, de-mining the streets and providing a sense of livelihood for the residents there through small businesses, free schools, etc.

Siilaanyo’s new administration should reflect on those issues and initiate the needed transformation of the roads, hospitals and schools. Burcaawis can take care of a lot on their own, but they still require help from their government.

Hadaad dooni inaad aragto dhibaatooyinka haysta dadka danyarta ah, bal ila eeg ...

http://www.hadhwanaag.com/News/somalilandnews/2003 /April2003/DarxumadaDanyarta.html

Grinov   

Libaax is indeed a politically wise sage!

jamaal11 alas, did you just figure that out? :D

ruba from aruba, you are a rare breed of Lander :cool: :cool: :cool:

samigyrl: you need rehabilitation indeed.

xassan Nasrallah, baashi and the rest intersting debate indeed.

N.O.R.F   

Good point lion!

I think one of the problems in relation to Burco is the private investment into houses/commercial property away from the actual city itself. Many ppl are are actually seeking land in and around the airport and its connecting roads. There is little if any money available for public investment in roads, hospices (even though Burco hospital is ok), mosques etc. The inrastructure is badly needed to be sorted 1st!

SamiGyrl   

Grinov I dont need that, rather you need a dose of the truth and then some.

Denying what happend doesnt do you anything, but if thats what you have to do, to be able to look yourself in the mirror then go right ahead, just know Allah knows all.

Hide from men what you want, Allah is close on your tracks.

-Citizen Sami

Gediid   

Guys stop picking on SamiGyrl.Its not Ethiopians that kill Somalis but rather Somalis that are killing Somalis.From all the wars that we fought as a nation against the Ethiopians we have never had so much death and destruction in any of these wars that we as nation have inflicted upon ourselves in the last 12 years, Somali againt Somali.

I think thats the point that she is trying to raise time and again.I don't see anything wrong in her reminding us all that Somalis worst enemies are Somalis themselves.

Gediid   

Libaax/Northerner

The thing that saddens me truly is the apathy of the Somaliland government in alleviating the plight of the poor.The Presidency is a stone throw away from the Hargeysa General Hospital and the only time the current president set foot there was a few days prior to the elections.Once elected its safe to assume that he will never see the inside again.The elite will continue to send their kids abroad while the people there suffer.I just don't know who long cycle will continue but thats pretty much how things are.

The Burco that I saw a few months ago is very different to the one painted by LST, people are actually moving from Yiroowe back to Burco not vice versa; and I'm confident when I say that the number of derelict, decayed and crumbling buildings were outnumbered by new developments ( though admitteldy these are found on the fringes of the city) but nevertheless, much renovation has taken place within. I'm actually a little confused as to whether you are referring to the state the city is in now or to how it was a few years ago.

I totally agree that the new government needs to prioritize the needs of the infrasructure. The road connecting Yiroowe and Burco is good, but within Burco you'll have a job distinguishing between the pavements and the roads.

Personally I do not support the division of Somalia into pathetic mini states. True Somalis were really never united politically before independence but does that mean every tribe or sub-clan should get its own state? This is why I don’t appreciate the Waqooyi Galbeed’s (I try to refrain from using “Somaliland” because of its colonial connotation) drive to separate from the rest of Somalia. Just because the English occupied ‘Somaliland’ to protect their route to India through the Suez Canal and supply meat to their soldiers in Aden does not make ‘Somaliland’ a STATE. So far I have not find the main arguments of the pro-secessionists persuasive. For example, in these posts many talk about the horrendous suffering and genocides that people from the north suffered under Bare’s regime, which NO ONE is disputing. However some tend to not distinguish between the Bare regime and ‘Somalis’. Bare was at war with ALL Somalis who apposed his dictatorial rule and therefore targeted and murdered individuals and groups who he perceived threaten him. And that even included members of his own family! I hope you are not advocating for everyone who got wronged by Bare to have his/her own state, are you? Beside the fact that the North was colonized by Britain instead of Italy and suffered under Bare’s regime like all other Somalis have, what other legitimate claims are there for it to secede form Somalia? This post is not intended to cause offense but rather to challenge believes and educate one another and that includes me hopefully with your responses. Ma salaama.

BN   

GarYaQaaN,

You said it perfectly. The people in 'SomaliaLand' always tend to forget that Said Barre first attacked the region now called 'Puntland' in 1977. When their women were raped, the men slaughtered, their waterholes destroyed etc. You dont hear them calling for an independent state, do you? What about the Somalis which suffered the most, those living in the Bay and Bakool regions in the height of the civil war, hundreds of thousands of them starved to death and their land stolen. All I see is arrogance, lies and deceit coming from the so called 'SomaliLanders'.

Nabad.

Gabbal   

Garyaqaan I had to quote you:

However some tend to not distinguish between the Bare regime and ‘Somalis’. Bare was at war with ALL Somalis who apposed his dictatorial rule and therefore targeted and murdered individuals and groups who he perceived threaten him. And that even included members of his own family! I hope you are not advocating for everyone who got wronged by Bare to have his/her own state, are you?
Beside the fact that the North was colonized by Britain instead of Italy and suffered under Bare’s regime like all other Somalis have, what other legitimate claims are there for it to secede form Somalia
? This post is not intended to cause offense but rather to challenge believes and educate one another and that includes me hopefully with your responses.

Bari Nomad aboow that is point I tried to stress in a previous debate I had with Samy_Gyrl, most pro-secessionsts tend to pretend they don't know anything about it or try to pass it by.

Gediid   

I hate to make this into one of those arguments of who is right or who's wrong nor sound like I have anything against Reer Bari or reer Mudug but this is one of those comments where people try comparing apples to Oranges.

Bari Nomad and HornAfrique:

The number of people killed in Hargeysa alone and the whole population of Mudug plus Bari ayaan isku mid aheyn.I do not have the intention of trying to even make you comprehend that but I thought maybe I might enlighten you with that lil bit info.

Jujubes   

Hello to everyone,

I've always been a great supporter of the SNM and its struggle to end the regime. My support of the SNM stemmed greatly from my intolerance to hate, injustice, torture, etc...; all of those evil and despicable acts that God contempts. Now, years later, the desire to rebuild and restart from what we have left is a beautiful idea and one that I'm sure will flourish ONLY if we DON'T REUNITE, especially at the present time. I'm not prejudiced toward other clans because I don't believe in the CLAN SYSTEM, I think that it's the most LUDICROUS system ever established. It is beyond me why the same people would want to have clans and sub-clans but hey we live in a world full of ignorant and superiority complex oriented people and unfortunately you cannot turn back the hands of time and change the clan structure of things BUT we can avoid further mistakes. The biggest mistake being the MERGING of Somalia. The BIGGEST REASON for my opposition to this is simple: Why risk more bloodshed? Some may argue and say, stay optimistic and I very much am BUT it's more ESSENTIAL to stay REALISTIC, especially at a time like this when THERE IS NO MORE ROOM FOR MISTAKES leading to ANOTHER WAR. As far as the future is concerned, ONLY GOD knows what's in store for us, we can't control everything but we can DEFINITELY control our ACTIONS. If in the future, we're able to live as one, that's a great thing one can only dream of, but until then, let's stick to SOMALILAND.

Kruella   

Once again I see the age old political debate is regurgitated in the forum, but let me remind one and all that while we're at each other's throat the raw-meat-eating ethopians are planning their next attack. Divide and conquer is their strategy and as far as I can tell they're the only ones winning this battle. So while somalis warlords are chewing their Khat in their toothless jaws and talking about BOLITICS, Ethopia is sucking their worthless blood. Although the evils committed were not at the hand of ethopians, it's no secret that that they ARE profiting from all this. They will be the triumphant scavengers in the end if things continue this way.

salamz

Macalin   

kruella-nice to see U woman again!

Gediid,i dont get ur POINT sxb, you saying the entire population of bari + mudug is LARGE>?

SamiGal(or anyone), I need some INFO, since you have a FANATICAL thing for somLAND, Whats the OFFICIAL population of SOMALILAND?, someone said its 5million!(rem the entire somali diaspora is 10M)

Calaa Kuli Xaal..Somaliland waxey U xayarantahay coz of this Warlords...and ppl might not have taken MUSSA sudi YALAxow Seriously but when tha warlord said,.. "Somaliland Hadeey meesha timaado, wax waan la qeebsaneena...hadii kala soomahin..." .

Its about time somland,Forgive and Moove on,They should Assume a leadership ROLE and Quit this CHILDISH game!