Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Now what ?

Now that the people of Somaliland have voted for a new president, I believe the rift between the North and the South will ease slightly. Most people perceive Siilaanyo as a moderate politician with a pragmatic approach to the unity puzzle. On issue of dialogue with the rest, he is not considered a hardliner. Siilanyo was recently asked by HornAfrik Radio a question about Somali unity. His response may have seemed as an equivoque, but equally surprising was his response's lack of enthusiasm for secession. "Somalia ha heshiiso kadib baynu wada hadli" is what he was quoted as saying with a grin. It was not a bad month for the unionist. The sense of camaraderie was further boosted by Abdiqasim’s surprising offer to move the capital to Hargeysa.

To join in the festivity, I, LST, put forth a plan to apologize to the people of Somaliland, move the capital to Hargeisa, give mujahid Siilaanyo a carte blanche to reconcile the nation as our president, and help him undertake that mammoth task of assembling a better homeland for the nomads. :D:D

What are your thoughts?

Bachelor   

Libaax niin ragah!

If that will bring a unite and stablity, so be it. I dont think any somali with his/her full concious mind will opposse such a "mouth watering" idea. And let Hargessa be the Capital, so those warlords in the south will loss attention. :D

Realist   

Have the election results been made public yet?..IS sIILANYO THE DEFINITE WINNER? Plz SOMEOne/anyone inform me I dying to great the news ( Siilanyo=pres) to the family

Jamagaab

Baaniyal   

congrats to uncle silanyo for his immaculate win,and congrats to all Somalilanders for this great week of fair elections. If the world wanted any proof of a real democracy,they shall not look further than Somaliland.

The future looks very promising, and i hope we the youth in the diaspora help in shaping it somewhat.

ZOLA   
If the world wanted any proof of a real democracy,they shall not look further than Somaliland.

...IS THIS SOMALIA WE TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT? ....DEMOCRACY smile.gif .....NO COMMENTS BENYAL.

A.A

N.O.R.F   

looks like UDUB are trying everything in there power to maintaine power, ie bringing in a load of un-registered ballot boxes 3 days after the elections closed, desperation of what?

I hear there is a further delay, results will be confirmed 2mrw, sat!

SamiGyrl   

Well well well are certain folks in Somalia proper wishing that Silanyo will somehow, without the support of his people and nation join with Somalia give me a freaking break, he fought you in the war and he will fight you if you bring chatter. Enough said. No matter how much Abdi Qasim screams from one block in Xamar it doesnt matter, no one wants a greater Somalia except those outside of Somaliland. 97% is all I have to say.

Udub is just Udub. losers, they need to come clean and let this shyt pass, Kulmiye won they cant bring in ballots that were not registered just to get office if they do that the Somaliland people wont stand for it.

Again Silanyo I believe has a better chance of bring recognition especially after the elections. And I also believe that development will grow in Somaliland.

Man I can just see the Somaliland flag flying in NYC right in front of the UN.

Ohhh Happyyyy DAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

- smile.gif

Citizen Sami

Miriam1   

Congratulations to the Kulmiye party and to us SOMALIS AS A WHOLE! :D wat a wonderful day.

I thnk i will become a Kulmiye member now that my family's party the UDUB lost icon_razz.gif

On the matter of joining the south, i think it will be a death sentence for us to join them now, they are quite unstable.For the time being, i thnk it will be better if we stay divided and stable..inshallah in the future if the government in the south gains the same stability we were able to establish, a re-unification would be ideal.

N.O.R.F   

What a beatifull day, and then its topped off by the following:

KULMIYE has WON the elections. The electoral commission is expected to declare the results any moment now.

:D:D:D:D:D

Haashim   

Lol libaax, R U sure that he won, because as far as i know there is no official result yet, some rumors say shuqul soomaliyaa meesha ka socda, walaxaa la is dhaadhaafihooyaa, baroono iyo askarna BBC sheegaysay, laakiin war jiraaba cakaaruyu imaan.

DHEDHENSHAA WAALAN DHERGAANA KA DARAN

SamiGyrl   

Unification? Are you guys still talking about that?

Are you on Crack?

Seriously, because you dont seem to understand what a referendum is or the fact that 97% dont want anything to do with Somalia ever.

We just had elections and you cant seem to keep your mouths shut for one moment without talking about unification. For once in your lives worry about the warlords that are killing your people and stop talking about Somaliland and its people cause we dont want ya.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, why do they seem like one of those women on Jerry that cant seem to understand that they are not wanted?

Just a little reminder unification with out with big hair, vanilla ice, and wearing spandex with pantin leather pumps.

To all my Somalilanders: GUUL, GUUL, GUUL!!!

Either way we have proven ourselves over and over and over again.

Screw the energizer bunny, call us the Come Back Kids.

-Citizen Sami

Paragon   

If the world wanted any proof of a real democracy,they shall not look further than Somaliland.

I agree.

PS: SamyGirl shut up will ya!

SamiGyrl......97 percent are for independence of somaliland.....Thats impressive number.....Remind of barre's Yes vote returns which were always in the nineties mark....lol

No offence...Iam personally all for partition.....I like said (above) we are better of divided....of coarse one sticky issue will be sool and sanaag since majority of people there wanna stay united with their southern brethens......but Iam sure Sland with its new found democratic spirit will let people of sool and sanaag will choose who they wanna be with....N Good Luck to Sland......Don't worry we will take care of the warlords killing "Our" people.....later

Gediid   

There is a question here one must ask.Are the people of Somaliland willing to unite with Somalia?

The answer is an overwhelming NO.

Egal was by the far the more popular of the two and he was a known supporter of a United Somalia but he did not want to risk the wrath of the people and quite honestly kept that aspiration to himself.Similarly Siilaanyo if he is the savvy politician he is, he will follow the path of Egal.