Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

National TV station launched in Somaliland

National TV station launched in Somaliland

Eng Selgio Carl [phonetic], accompanied by Eng Mahmud Nasir and Eng Ali Mire, who in the recent past have been busy working on the installation of Somaliland national TV station, have this morning handed over the station to the minister of information and guidance, Hon Abdullahi Muhammad Du'ale, at the ministry's HQ.

The national TV station has a power range of up to 1.5Kw. Initially, the station will be viewed only in the Somaliland capital, Hargeysa, and its environs; the second and third phase will extend viewing to the major towns of Burco, Berbera and Boorama.

In the third phase, a satellite connection will also be added to expand the station for a global reach . [Passage omitted; names of officials attending the function]

The task of managing the TV station has been mandated to Mr Ahmad Abdrahman Hirsi, alias Helo.

BBC Monitoring

Qudhac   

i hope there is going to be suugaan programm :D

and political debate, i can see all the drama and punch ups that will make get good ratings.

but PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE NO MORE INDIAN MOVIES

:(

Sky   

Why Jason, why can't they enjoy the funny Chris Tucker and the slick Ice Cube on your avatar? Why deny them that?

damn8se.gif

Fyr   

but PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE NO MORE INDIAN MOVIES :(

Good luck with that wish! laugh.gif I was exposed to this in Mogadishu and later in jigjiga as a child,

but I still have a soft spot for Indian movies especially those with Somali dub. rofl.gif

Anyway I like to see health education and some social programs which will help raise social and health problems before anything else.

Qudhac   

speaking of indian movies i remember there was always one self appointed translater whos translation went something like this.

WUU FEEDHAY, WUU LAADAY, GAS BUU U JARAY ( the visuall stuff ) and when they spoke anything he would just say something like,

HAAA IMIKANA WAY ISU DHAARANAYAAN hehehehe