Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Ghana: a raw talent

TV commentator: "This [Ghana game] is the most breathtaking piece of football I have ever seen".

Amazing team. They just dominated Nedved and his team.

They just play well, and I am still wondering how Italy won against them.

This group is wide open now. Let us see if the Ghana win inspires the Americans to beat Italy.

I just have a feeling they will fall apart again. You know how African teams are.

nuune   

This is cool, Angola saved us yesterday and made dramatic draw, if portugal beat Mexico and Angola win against Iran, then Angola are through,

Tonight we had Ghana , amazing stuf, what a cracker, now they need to beat USA to have six points and could make them top up the group table if Czech and Italy make a draw in their forcoming match.

Togo may still had a good chance, they can hold the French and the Swizz back

let's not put our hopes too high. a dangerous thing to do. let's take one day at a time. hope but not too hopeful. we're delighted and things are bright for Africans, but let's sit back and enjoy the ride without heart aches.

just have a feeling they will fall apart again. You know how African teams are

There is some truth in there. but i hate when the commentators unashamedly put us down and underestimate us, africans. Africa all the way.

guys really, after the persistant bad luck of ivory coast and angola, maan the black stars set the pitch on fire. the short pass game was just magnificient. simply beautiful to watch.

However their stylish game of quick passes and dummy turns scares the day lights out me given the execution style play of argentina, spain, brazil and italy.

-- america also, who would of thought thei'd be deserving giant slayers tonite. Libaax what are people like at your neck of the woods, my US insider referred to it as 'that football thing'

Kashafa   

Ghana brought their A-game today. And with the game I saw, they can take on any team playing. ANY team.

The score shoulda easily been 5-0 with the number of wasted chances. <-- Their only glaring weakness, their lack of finishing power. They get to the box and roll the ball gently to the goalie.

Ghana plays the way it did today, Ameriko doesn't stand a chance.

mojam   

Ghana was amazing. I was cheering untill I saw the Israeli flag. I have nothing against the Israeli flag. But how can a professional international player celebrate with a flag other than the country he is representing. All of African was cheering Ghana on and he took the celebration away from all of Africa.

See what they saying about this guy on the ESPN.

#3 Asamoah Gyan

Many in Ghana consider him to be the best striker to come out of the country since Leeds United and Hamburg hot-shot Tony Yeboah. Skillful, aggressive, quick, physically powerful and a superb finisher, he is the complete package.

On loan at Italian side Modena this season from Udinese, he made his full Black Stars debut five days short of his 18th birthday, scoring within minutes of coming on as a substitute against
somalia
. A year earlier, he was much to the fore as Ghana took the 1995 World Under-17 title by beating Brazil in the Final.

I thought that was funny, i didn't even know we had a team..wow atleast we made it on ESPN.com.