Sign in to follow this  
HALIMA ABDUL

dating

Mshefa   

Halima, Dating is getting to know each other. However the dating that is vogue in Western culture involves intimate relationship such as touching, kissing, petting, necking that ultimately results in pre-marital sex. No premarital sex is allowed in Islam. Therefore, no dating is allowed on the premise that dating inevitably leads to premarital sex.

Why do Somalis date? Somalis do worse than dating everyday e.g killing each other, tribalism to name a few.

okay so one on one dating is not allowed, but i have seen group dating,by this i mean people who chill together on the regular in groups. Is this dating, becuz a friend of mine married one of the group members -- and they're very happy. I would say group dating might be better becuz there's 'less sinning', you'll already a have a support group if the relationship, sorry if the marriage is not going well, and etc. So what about group dating, somalis do that a lot. Is it haram?

Haddad   

Originally posted by HALIMA ABDUL:

dating is haram so why do somalis date

The answer is simple: those Somalis who date know very little about Islamic teachings, or do not practice it. For example, they might not even know how to pray the Eid salat. A Somali who knows about the fundamentals of Islam and practices it knows dating is haram, and- thus, he/she wouldn't dare to date. Practicing Islam is akin to lifting weights to stay fit and build muscles- if you don't practice, your muscles (iman) become soft.