Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Do Somalis lack imagination?

Someone said Imagination is the ability to design ideas/solutions that creatively deals with unprecedented problems/situations. The problems facing the Somalis are truely unprecedented and have been going on for long time now. The effects of these problems are very profound, and have touched the life of every Somali in the most negative way.Under the current cirscumstances, one would think that Somalis would have flow of creative imagination that will effectively deal with their delimma as failed nation.However the very oppisite is true, and the minds of the Somalis whether be intellectuals, religious groups or average man are stagnant, and couldn't come up with any solutions that would help us overcome our problems.The now question arises, are we just indifferent to our plight or lack positive creative imagination altogether?.

The latest pathetic attempt at restoring the Somali State just shows how stagnant is the Somali mind. The unwilligness of the Somalis to think for themselves is demonstrated in Yeey's call for IGAD troops to occupy Mogadisho. We need Somali solutions for Somali problems!!!!

J.Lee   

Somali solutions for Somali problems

I agree with you on that point but I don't think Somalis lack imganination. If they lack anything it's a sense of Unity, which is Unity of "Somalinimo", they are willing to come up with a solution if it only fosters the ends of ones clan rather than Somali people. Also one could translate "our problem" to mean their clan's problems rather than again, The somali people's problem therefore they might be providing solutions to solve the problems of their clan rather than the Somali people.

Furthermore, another problem facing somalis is The incurable disease called Qabyaalad even Somali Politics is synonomous with Clan politics. Just take a look at the articles posted on this section alone, You could guess ones clan lineage by reading what they post and by their blind passion in defense of warlords/presidents because they are of the same Clan Family.

Basically to answer your question, yes we are indifferent to "the somali" plight and lack postive creative imagination altogether.

Somalinimo is dead, My qabiil rules is the mentality one must deal with nowadays just look at how many people replied to this post, we are quite hopeless.

Well we can agree on one thing, Somalinimo is indeed dead.Obviously we are not deviod of all imagination as qabiil-based solutions are being tossed around,but this only gives a rise to new question, don't Somalis realise focusing solely on your tribe's problems, and ignoring the plight of your fellow Somali haven't really provided them any lasting solution. Do they understand individual qabiils is part of larger nation whose welfare need to be looked after.

Xoogsade   

You guys are something of a rarity. Don't waste your time reasoning with the dead I would say. I think it helps if you guys call back home and ask how people feel about the current events. Most likely they are indifferent, or have their own biased opinion. At least that way you two don't have to feel sorry for them or wait for a rain its clouds aren't even pregnant yet.

Another option is to completely tune-out of the mad-political events. Somalis are on a train destined to a place only Allah Knows about.

If you try to inject sanity into their political conversation xataa, you are likely to be intimidated or forced to choose sides because you don't want to let someone toy with your proudness and dignity and let them get away with it. Guri laga wada waalan yahay nin ku nool, isna inuu waashey u badan tahay.

Anyways, guys, I like you both. At least you sound reasonable people. Tomorrow I will change my mind about you if I see you biased, be forewarned smile.gif

Have a pleasant weekend.

Somalis wherever they are love the easy way out and have never been known to sweat for something they believe in. If you look back in the days, you would find a whole nation of people who stay up late, wake up in the afternoon dress smartly and sitting in little restaurants and whilst not working and living on handouts either from the family or friends. They have never been known to create wealth through hard work and that could have been partly caused by the nature of the first government which was reluctant to educate and make a nation of nationalists and a people who loved their country more than themselves. This in many parts of this world is called making sucrifices for the good of your lands and people.

We seem to be very superficial when it comes to what we stand for and believe in. We do not prescribe to any schools of thought and have no sense of direction. We are basically caught in a storm that never lets off. The Diin used to play abig role but now that is no more as people swear for public comsumption rather than mean it

When you see 13 years of nothingness based on talk that has no meaning and bribes that change hands on a daily basis even if it means selling your motherland, then you know there is trouble ahead. Nothing that has thus been done seems to have been done right and that can be shown by the cracks and divisions appearing with the present government in waiting. The enemy within wont rest till there is no somalia and there are very many. So the question is how do we save Somalis from themselves?

juba   

Originally posted by MsWord:

Somali solutions for Somali problems

If they lack anything it's a sense of Unity, which is Unity of "Somalinimo",

Furthermore, another problem facing somalis is The incurable disease called Qabyaalad

exactly!! Unity first, building a nation second.

CHE   

We dont lack whole alot......one thing we obviously lack though, is the ability to look at a situation objectively.

Yeey had a plan ,what is yours guavera?

Bess.   

its true that we are lacking in somethings like objectivity, unity, brotherhood and others...but this all things that we can overcome if we focus on a main goal....whick should be the REbuilding of somalia as a whole....instead of focusing on rebulding sections of somalia cause of tribalism........i believe that we also have some good upcoming leaders, ppl that have somalia'a best interests at heart...i think that we shouldn't become jaded by all this discouragments and setbacks....but they should fuel us to work even harder...and overcome...

QL- We are superficial indeed, and hardly put in the effort to win our country, and sadly this extends to all Somalis including those of us in the diasporo.

Xoogsade-How long do you think we could afford to stay on sidelines cuz of fear.

Che- I do have a plan, and it begins with removing Yeey and his ilk aka warlords.

I think Somali intellectuals, and diasporo should assume more responsibility in Somali affairs, and should also start asking questions. What has my Qabiil exactly done for me. If you are resident of any Somali town, one thing is sure, your Qabiil hasn't provided with jobs, paid your expenses, educated your kids, or even protected you from common thugs. Putting individual's interest before that of Qabiil might be the key to solving some of our problems.

sadly this extends to all Somalis including those of us in the diasporo.

Xoogsade-How long do you think we could afford to stay on sidelines cuz of fear.

Che- I do have a plan, and it begins with removing Yeey and his ilk aka warlords.

I think Somali intellectuals, and diasporo should assume more responsibility in Somali affairs, and should also start asking questions. What has my Qabiil exactly done for me. If you are resident of any Somali town, one thing is sure, your Qabiil hasn't provided with jobs, paid your expenses, educated your kids, or even protected you from common thugs. Putting individual's interest before that of Qabiil might be the key to solving some of our problems.

Without a doubt I whole heartedly agree with you there and as they say charity begins from home. I started mine along time ago and on couse to deliver awee bit of victory through thoughtful deeds and open mindedness. I preach my beliefs and I make sure Im heard in the deadly and poisoned environments that we live in.

CHE   

After watching HOTEL RWANDA ,and reading bit into the country's history, particularly the events that followed the genocide I had become a firm believer in restoring peace by force.

Even though the situations are not carbon copies,I am hoping A/Y would,given amble time, follow the steps of Paul Kagama and restore peace in Mogadishu and then pave the way for things such as democracy and such.

At these unfortunate times we need unforgiving leadership that will restore security and stability at any cost and by any means.

As for Intellectuals,they are too nice,maybe little weak,more concerned with self-preservation and would not take the risk that A/Y might be willing to take.

QL- Keep on preaching bro.

Che-Barre was unforgiving leader n see we are now....lol. We need a leader that would put the interests of people and the country first.