Sign in to follow this  
Ace of Spadez

March 17, change your avatar to the Somaliland Flag day!

India   

Guys,

The demo was perfect. I was really impressed with the way it was managed. The turn out was kool. And Although I like the pic'd posted here, I dont believe they captureed the spiirt on the day, I mean there was young, old , mums dads, family decked out from head to theo. There were banners everywhere. Good Turn out-musty say.

The after party at the Landmark hotel was SOMETHING ELSE.

Somaliland Yours in Unity

Dusty.

Saalixa   

salam

that was beautiful, i envy all those landers in the UK who participated in this honourable event

wish i was there, where do you all get those aravatrs?

iam searching for 10 mins and its not in there.

peace for all my somali brothers

north south east and west.

India   

^^^^^Rayaana Sis follow the steps below as provided to be by our brother "lander" previously:

Dusty,

if you having problems with the avitar here are a few pointers. It might help out some of the others just in case they need it.

1-go to any website with a GIF or jpg image of the flag or just a picture of flag in other words

2-right click on the image and go to PROPERTIES,

3-copy the URL or the adress by highliting the adress and pressing copy

4- go to mailbox in SOL and go to view update profile

5-click on select different avitar image

6-than paste the address you copied in the space that saids "custom URL" set it and press "select this avitar" and your done.

If your wondering where I got my avitar its at www.somalilandforum.com top left. Your more than wlc to just get that one if you have trouble finding them.

Dusty

AYOUB   

Angel-Dust

The demo was perfect. I was really impressed with the way it was managed. The turn out was kool. And Although I like the pic'd posted here, I dont believe they captureed the spiirt on the day, I mean there was young, old , mums dads, family decked out from head to theo. There were banners everywhere. Good Turn out-musty say.

First of all Salaams to you all and I agree with AngeL-Dust

It was certainly the happiest demo I've ever been to. More like a celebration of what have achieved so far and encouragement to push even more to reach the high targets we set ourselves. I was impressed by the crowd too and I never thought so many people would be there mid-term weekday. I used to think I had a passion for Somaliland but I met people who showed me how it was done.

I have some really good pictures which will INSHA ALLAH show all the people who were not there what I was really like at and around the gathering. I met people I last saw in classroom way back the late 80's. Somaliland was fully represented on this day in every you can think of. I've been to many demos but nothing can beat the mood and atmosphere this one had. I'll never forget the other demos about genocide, refugees camps or landmines but this one will stay in my mind for the joy and unity expressed.

I hope the pictures I'll be posting will portray my and the feelings most people who were able to be there. We've sent a positive message to all the Ministers, MPs, tourists and all Londoners who wanted to know what the occasion was but also proved how much support the Republic of Somaliland has.

AYOUB   

^^^Libaax posting the pictues would be a pleasure. A lot of Japs know where Somarirand is I can tell you that. :D There is another fund-raising event tonight if I don't make I'll get a mate to take some pictures and I should be able to post some by Sat I'A.

India   

Danger

This is the walk thro provided by Lander:

if you having problems with the avitar here are a few pointers. It might help out some of the others just in case they need it.

1-go to any website with a GIF or jpg image of the flag or just a picture of flag in other words

2-right click on the image and go to PROPERTIES,

3-copy the URL or the adress by highliting the adress and pressing copy

4- go to mailbox in SOL and go to view update profile

5-click on select different avitar image

6-than paste the address you copied in the space that saids "custom URL" set it and press "select this avitar" and your done.

If your wondering where I got my avitar its at www.somalilandforum.com top left. Your more than wlc to just get that one if you have trouble finding them.

Dusty

Gediid   

If you wish to change your avator to the flag,right click on anyone's avator , select copy image location,then go to your profile,paste the image location and then select it.There's no need to surf the web for a flag.

Saalixa   

Dusty,

look, i got it :D thanx a billion sis, next time ima ask u all ;) ,

Gediid i tried that before anything and failed.

well its too late showing any support by now i guess,,,but i tried

salam,

N.O.R.F   

Some gr8 pic there and what a wondrrful day it was for all s/landers, i managed to get there late due to a heavy workload, but for the 1 hr 30 mins or so i was there, it was worth the trip upon the underground which i have managed to avoid for more than 4 months,lol.

Getting off at westminster, walking up the stairs and then seeing big ben with a huge s/land contingent underneath it was truely amazing. Seeing ppl i aint seen for years draped out in the Green/White and Red, i managed to at least take part and enjoy the event.

1 LOVE!

African   

Dust, tanak u tanak u….I wish I was there!!!! :(

You made my day….i recognized some of the faces with big smiles…..one of them is my cousin an EX-Somali State supporter…..its good to see she’s now fully supportive to our country’s independence…..its also good to know that she opened her eyes and stopped listening to the lies and propaganda that’s spread by those who use the cover of Somaliweyn to hide their sheer hate for Somaliland & its ppl. :rolleyes:

Kudos sis.

PS: I c other jolliest faces on the pics……do any of those happened to be Dusty??? Drop me PM to share it…..I promise I will keep it a secret…. ;)