Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Tensions between Georgia and Russia

nuune   

Georgia 'downs two Russian warplanes' as countries move to brink of war

rockets_380357a.jpg

Georgia claimed today to have downed two Russian warplanes over its territory after the former Soviet neighbours came into direct conflict over the breakaway province of South Ossetia.

Tbilisi mobilised its army reserves and launched a major military offensive overnight to regain control over the province, raising fears of an all-out war that could draw in Russia.

Moscow backs the separatists, most of whom are Russian citizens, and has its own "peackeepers" in South Ossetia.

Fighting raged around the city of Tskhinvali, the South Ossetian capital, as Georgian troops backed by tanks and warplanes pounded separatist forces today. At least 15 people were reported to have been killed although the death toll was expected to rise.

Read More

nuune   

Yeah I know it is getting worse by the hour, never heard of 2 hour ceasefire ever, heard something like that.

The USA is interfering as well, who would supply lots of millitary hardware to Georgia.

This would be Russia VS USA at the end, and it seems that way once the United States steps in

Abtigiis   

Could it then be true that the cold war will be back soon. I am nostalgic about it. Meel loo cararaa la heli. Ilaahayoow isku kici!

N.O.R.F   

^^I think things have been brewing for a while now. Russia will fancy their chances now and Putin/Medyedev have been throwing their weight around.

nuune   

And there has being tensions around the Arctic corner, Russian and USA were showing off there POWER in there

Russia has already sent troops/tanks on the ground and also started air assault in Georgian territory. The question is, will the US intervene and help their close ally in the region? I think US might give logistical support to the Georgians, but there won't be any direct confrontation with the Russians. Mind me, these kind of tensions between Russia and US, will have a great benefit for nations like Iran, Sudan, and Venezuela. It's going to be tit for tat politically between these 2. We will wait and watch.

^You wanna Georgians subjugated cuz he hate Americans. :confused:

P.S. we are talking about the Soviets (Russians) that armed the Ethios to the teeth during 77 war right?

nuune   

Lets hope for the best, any full scale war is not good, not when it comes to 2 mighty powers, not for the interest of any.

Imagine, oil and gas sky rockettin, world security getting worse, economy slides down etc.

Georgia will not give away that region, and Russia will always keep an eye on South Ossetia/

N.O.R.F   

I must protect the life and dignity of Russian citizens wherever they are. We will not allow their deaths to go unpunished - Russian President

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

The Communist

That is history. Who is the new enemy?

New enemy of who though? Your enemy is any1 who's against your interest. If you are alluding that America is an enemy, then to whom? To Arabs? or maybe to Muslims? to whom? to Somalis?

Irony is that Amaxaras were enemy of Somalia decades ago, Melez boy was a friend of Somalis at the time. Yey was on the other side on the fence at the time, so were the rest of Somalia's would be warlords. where do we stand today? I read a piece that Amxaras trying to make a pact with ONLF. Are Amxaros becoming our friends today?

Sorry if I hijack the topic....

They are fighting over an area with 50,000 population with 90% of the population holding Russian visa's.

Now Abkhasia has also sent troops to Gergian border and another nation is joining in on the side of the Russians.

This is no match and the US, Nato will not wage a war for little rea estate.