Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Radovan Kradzic arrested! Now lets get Gen. Morgan!

The biggest obstacle to a unified Somalia, for people such as myself is that war criminals continue to be sheltered and widely supported in South Somalia.

Gen. Mohammed Said Hersi(Morgan) "Butcher of Hargeisa" is widely accepted as being responsible for many other atrocities committed against the Somali population during the Barre government and during the civil war of the 1990s in the region of Kismayu. His military campaign in Southern Somalia in 1992 was one of the main causes of the famine in Somalia in that same year. As a consequence 300,000 Somali may have died.

In 1988 operations conducted by the Barre government against Somali National Movement (SNM) rebels in the northern part of the country led to the death and imprisonment of thousands of Somali civilians by the Somali National Army.

Gen.Morgan was in charge of these operations. It is generally accepted that General Morgan, who was in Siad Barre's Government at the time, was responsible for the shooting of a large part of the male population of Hargeisa.

An independent paper written for the UNHCR by Professor Kenneth Menkhaus in August 2003 stated, "General Morgan is a political pariah, likely to be the first Somali leader charged with war crimes at some point in the future.". However, as yet no charges have been leveled against General "Morgan" by any international criminal court.

I have already started to file the charges against the biggest war criminal in our mist. I hope I can count on your support!

Barnaamijka Martida Makrafoonka ee ka baxa Idaacadda VOA-da qaybteeda afka Soomaliga oo uu todobaadkan marti-galinayo Haaruun Macruuf ayaa waxa uu ku sooray mid ka mid ah siyaasiyiinta ugu caansan Soomaaliya, Jen. Maxamed Saciid Xersi Moorgan.

Morgan says he's willing to appear before court to answer charges

web page

Sophist   

"His military campaign in Southern Somalia in 1992 was one of the main causes of the famine in Somalia in that same year. As a consequence 300,000 Somali may have died"

Can you susbtantiate that my dear fellow?

S

PS: The only person allowed to call me Faqqash, Siyadist or a Morganphile is Oodweyne, the rest :mad:

"His military campaign in Southern Somalia in 1992 was one of the main causes of the famine in Somalia in that same year. As a consequence 300,000 Somali may have died"

Is someone confusing Aidid with Morgan?

STOIC   

Marx,

You seem to combine compassion with realism. I’m counting on you to bring justice to those people whom he is accused of aerial bombarding ;) I bet you he is a bone in Somaliland throat. His cold calculated and ruthless butcher should be addressed. Drawing on my SOL political observation , I want to warn you though Somalis are people who are easily mired by short term issues.I doubt if they would worry about a guy who is not a threat to them now.It is a great novelty to pick up the justice piece, but just don’t be disappointed.It holds in our psyche that someone from our clan will never be wrong.This is a momentum rested on our people’s pyche…

STOIC   

^^^Someone who is a vicious masquerading as he is should also be brought to Hague .I’m counting on Marx to get his law degree from an English University and carry on the torch. Unless of course he is ahead of the relay race and already got one fancy Law degree pegged on his wall.

NGONGE   

^^ He only graduated last week (possibly not even in law). Now he's compiling a charges file against war criminals. Impressive stuff. :D

So Morgan is the only criminal in Somalia today huh? I bet was he from the North, he would have been the head of that enclave just like his mate Rayaale. :mad: And Marx FYI, Aidid was the one behind all that starvation in Baydhabo Janaay in the early 90s. In a serious note though, I doubt if there ever be any tribunals in Somali. This was/is clan vs clan and on top of that, the criminal/warlords who were behind the mayhem we are in today are/will be part of any government in Somalia. So, if you are expecting the "Hague" will bring justice to Somalis so be it. But Where their(west) interests lies, is where they make the noises if not, they don't give a darn of who is killed or who kills.

Thierry.   

Marx will be a fine International lawyer one day soon Inshallah don’t forget Yey from your list.

Marx the Somali Simon Wiesenthal

STOIC   

Brof-Geljire

Somalia is part of the events of the world.This is an appropriate court that Somalia can be part of it, so stop wrapping up Marx dream with usual deragotory snipping of Somalia politics.Whose coterie do you belong horta ?Is it the TFG or the Sheikh with the red hair? I understand the cultural politics of resentment. I’d tell you how robust and gregarious they are when they need the ears of the world ;)

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Why? Was Aidiid fighting ghosts? Wasn't Morgan the commander of the SNF?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Brof-Geljire

Somalia is part of the events of the world.This is an appropriate court that Somalia can be part of it, so stop wrapping up Marx dream with usual deragotory snipping of Somalia politics.Whose coterie do you belong horta.Is it the TFG or the Sheikh with the red hair? I understand the cultural politics of resentment. I’d tell you how robust and gregarious they are when they need the ears of the world
;)

Adeer, I belong to wixi xaqa tagera ! In case you didn't know Somali warlords are very popular with the West, due to the " war on terror" and the Somali civil war can not be compared Kradic or the ethnic turmoil that erupted in the Balkan, which dates back to days of the Ottomans, etc. Still, we have to let people dream! :D

ps. Adeer, Marx dream was to "depopulate( whatever that meant)" certain Somali territories. Isga u bahan in cyber maxkamad la soo taago! :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Why? Was Aidiid fighting ghosts? Wasn't Morgan the commander of the SNF?
:D