Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

SOMALILAND SURPASSES ERITREA in ECONOMIC PROGRESS

nuune   

^^ The only thing Addis Ababa can offer is the Hilton & Sheraton building, plus fewer bank buildings, the roads are horrible, the transport none existence, cars are 1930s Fakis Baanjar, houses are dirty, the only place you will think has some clean roads are the nearby neighborhood of the Airport, you will have horrible experience in Addis Ababa, but you will get used to it once you are part of it.

One time, myself & friends, it took us ages to find a genuine restaurant to have some Middle Eastern food, after long hours of searching we found an underground Arab restaurant, one of the best, where we stayed for 5 hours, good relaxation, no we were not after Somali food, we know the Somali neighborhood very well, it is extra dirty, extra dangerous to live in or stay, the conditions are terrible to even walk around,

I normaly don't spend not more than 3 days in Addis Ababa then I go to Harer & Dire Dawa, these two places are Islamic heritages and the influence of Islam is everywhere, clean cities and 100% better than Addis Dirty.

Addis Ababa is crowded, over populated, beggers in every direction, will advice anyone in transit there for few days to prepare their departure quickly.

^ i had my worst travel exprience in Addis when i visited there in the end of 2008. I have never in my life seen so much poverty in one city. The dirt and the smell were unbearable. Another bad exprience was the food. i was forced to eat almost same restaurant every day, Sana'a, a yemeni restaurant. at the end of my stay i found another arabic restaurant. its name i don't remember, but it served very tasty food.

The only positive was that it's peaceful. unlike nairobi, i could walk around most places at night without a worry.

PasserBy   

http://thecitizen.co.tz/sport/16-football/12741-13-red-sea-players-go-missing.html

Monday, 11 July 2011 21:24

digg

By Majuto Omary

The Citizen Reporter

Dar es Salaam. The Cecafa-organised competitions are always fascinating events as they constantly supply moments of drama, brilliance and absurdity as the council has no idea of the whereabouts of 13 members of Red Sea of Eritrea.

They literally disappeared shortly after their quarter-final match of the just concluded Kagame Castle Cup, the Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) confirmed yesterday.

TFF secretary general Angetile Osiah admitted that they are also in the dark as to where the Eritrea team players could be. Osiah said the Red Sea members failed to return to Eritrea with the rest of the squad and might be seeking asylum in one of the East and Central African countries. “We have informed the immigration authorities about the matter, we are optimistic they will arrest them, it’s very disappointing,” he said.

They are among the 25 members of the Eritrea squad who were in the country to compete in this year’s Kagame Castle Cup, which came to an end on Sunday at the National Stadium.

The TFF official said the players did not return to Lunch Time Hotel, Ubungo where they were booked after their final group stage match last week.There have been no reports or statements from the neighbouring countries about the whereabouts of them so far.

The title of this article is complete nonsense. Somaliland certainly leaves a lot to be desired and certainly does not surpass Eritrea. It is statements like these that give people high blood pressure. :mad: