Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Revamping Puntland Parliament

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Do you see any need for reform or you are happy with status quo?

Reform is always good. Of course there is a need for reform and a move away from clan politics.

NinBrown   

che...there is a lot of room for reform. Like Ibti said if your flip-floping no one is gonna trust you.and u wont get any piece of any pie anywhere.

ibti

one, u might be the only lander who does not claim SSC and maakhir regions, if i wanted to put the effort in it, i would have probably found post by you were you say something contrary to what you are saying.

another thing, there has been recently a childish behavior by people like you on both sides, pl and sl, to call an entire people names. I would give you the brotherly advice that its un becoming to be so simpleminded.

thirdly, the decision i have reached is a personal one, i never foolish enough to believe that my actions have consequence for an entire people. It is a wrong assumption for people like you to believe that any Somali group, any group for that matter will go about what is perceived to be in their in a machine like way and march in unison toward that end. these indignant charges of they should do this or that should be abandoned. they people reach decisions, in a democratic fashion anyway, is to go along with the majority. Mind you and under no illusion as to what the majority's opinion is (Puntland) having been one of them but that does not mean that i won't advocate for what i now think, after some experiments, is the true path to the end I and many others think is the end we seek as a people.

Stick to it like glue? This leads me to believe that you think the decisions these people face are a game to you. And this believes, relationships are not built on believes but common interest.

Furthermore, why do we need the trust of others. you take or leave, nobody is forcing anybody, right. These relationships are built on mutual agreements, and believe no one is putting conditions on members of these communities to join what they have been telling them all along is were they belong.

ninka, do all of us a favor and just keep your pie, let it be enough for you.

Dulka, your insults just never end sxb, i don't think the people of these regions want a place where they can contest elections, the reasons they walked out on the formation of Somaliland are simple and are known all. for example, they wanted the capital to be Burco rather then hargeisa. Now, such a demand seems trivial compared what has taken place in Puntland. Borame spent few years in the trenches and one of its sons, however disliked, was elected to the top post despite being a minority. SSC spent years in the trenches, was not a minority, spared no amount financial and human capital to advance the common good, offered puntland its best, Hashi, to have cade chosen. Maakhir did the samething and a criminal is chosen. and we can make excuses for that sorry example of a parliament but that people like you are ok with it, further more, throw insults at the people.

NinBrown..The only people flip flopping are caadal qatayaal like Xaabsade, of course it is not out of personal convictions. He doesn't represent the average person on SSC who wants to stay with Somalia, and are loyal to the Puntland. The overwhelming majority in Sool and Sanaag for Somalia, but there is reason people feel secluded from the power equation, and this is not just limited to reer Sool/Cayn and Sanaag.

Let's address that instead of saying, people are flip floppers or our cousins can join whoever. Of course, I'm not saying deliver the presidency to reer Sanaag and Sool on silver platter, but there should be system that give all Puntlanders a fair shot, cuz the way things are set right now only favors few people and old guard when it comes to elections.

And this is for all people. It wouldn't make sense for state , any state to hold onto as many as citizens and as many territories it could possible can. You would think Puntland would have firm grip on its western provinces. There is no existing Puntland bureaucracy anywhere in Sool and Sanaag.No sign this land is actually part of Puntland, and no effort by those in Garowe properly incorporate the region into the rest Puntland where there could be free flow of commerce and people without any fear or hindrance from secessionists or without room for flip flippers to maneuver.

The only thing left for Sool/Sanaag was fair chance at the top job, and that's reserved for unqualified selected few.