Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Puntland: the problem child of Somalia

Abtigiis   

Somali Politics had all the feud, animated exchanges and bakoorad waving dramas that goes with a politics of pastoral people who rely more on physical intimidations and verbal tirades to score points and force opponents to submit, than on machinations through media and manuscripts. But blood was not part to it, until one fatal day one Puntlander decided to slay another of his own who happened to be the President of the Republic of Somalia. Those who conspired to this murder didn’t have their wish at last, outmanoeuvred by an old military man, who sat on the throne for two decades, himself killing and arresting his opponents.

They, the killers of Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, who hailed from the region now called Puntland, continued to oppose Siyad Barre’s government, which they saw us disturbing the natural succession of power to its rightful owners. Luciky, his blunders and cruel retaliation, made them look like people in search of salvation than aspirants of power who will stop at nothing to achieve it.

Finally, the man escaped, pursued by those whom he oppressed. And the Punties started the quest for the Holy Grail in the form of “power” refusing to recognise the next government.

And it went on and on, thanks also to the useless USC and its supporters who kept on fighting for the ill-gotten loot of a nation.

Then, they came to power and the rest is horror history. Inviting the historical enemy of Somalia into the Capital to subdue more powerful, but ‘less crafty’ Southerners. But, as it would be, borrowed might is never a might that will keep you on the throne and the adventure failed in shame and frantic evacuation of parliamentarians and officers who descended on Moqdisho, against the wish of its people, to rule and loot.

And then it happened again Somali’s got a new president the same way they got the past few ones. Now, the rightful owners of the throne are not in a mood to play servants to those who are unfit to rule them. Or so it seems. That is the message all Somali’s get when they hear the new administration of Puntland is opposing Sheikh Shariif. Sadly, we are re-living that long-held prejudice, and it seems it is not without foundation.

NGONGE   

^^ The grievances of Putnland here are genuine and should have been taken into account. If Sh. Sharif was allowed to choose his 200 MPs then Puntland should have been allowed to choose the people representing them in the Somali parliament too.

Still, I thought you said they didn't matter. What changed your mind so quick? ;)

Emperor   

Originally posted by NG:

Still, I thought you said they didn't matter. What changed your mind so quick?

Lol, Puntland never matters, and this is Somali politics huh? AT never likes to admit hehehe ha

Puntland is keeping busy both the North and the South politically, I agree to that but not a threat to peace and the unity of Somali, and no they aren't any problem to Shariif Ahmed, very simple....

AT, keep entertaining us and more so yourself, we have come along way to know you my friend....

nuune   

lol@certain regions :D

Guys, don't mind AT&T, it is all good and he means good for Puntland, sometimes unbuu isku dhax yaacaa un, mar uu kuwan heesto, iyo mar uu halkan heesto, iyo mar uu dhankaas ku dhaganyahay, wuu qalbi furanyahay ee kama ahan xamaasad iyo xin

Abtigiis   

LST

No hostility, but I want Puntlanders to follow the Sheikh. Ushaan la dhacayaa. Waa canaan iyo kaftan. Ulta-punties like Emperor baan dhiiga ku kiciyaa.

Well you also know Somaliland inaan la col ahay becuase of calalka ay leeyihiin waa calan.

You also know I don't like the Moryaan's in Muqdisho in the mould of Qaybdiid and co.

What does give you? I want Somalia xalaal ah.

Adeer, even that is not an end to my desires. It is the start of yet another quest for me. Kolkaa kurbadayda fahan.

Emperor   

^LOol, adeer its good you are anti-Puntland, although you are one heck of an entertainer and a great fella, note one doesn't wish to be on the same side as you politically, qofkaas jahwareer ama jab iyo balayaa sugaysa... Marka I am liking the fact that AT of SOL boards is anti-Puntland than being pro-Punt.... note that, I don't like neutrals either

Abtigiis   

You obvously equate intransigence with having firm stance and mistake flexibility as flip-flopping. I can't blame you. It is in the blood, I mean macangagnimadu. :D

What I have been saying in this forum is consistent, if that word means anything.

1- On Somaliland: I can understand why they feel so bad about the union with the South, as they were brutally killed by Siyaad's regime. But, I don't want them to seceed. You see me defemding them in the former case, you see me oppossing them on the latter.

2- I admire Puntlanders stance on Somalinimo and their flag-waving displays, but I hate their 'if not at the top', let it crush attitude.

3- I like Alshabab and all freedom fighters, becuase no one except them could have the resolve it takes to reliberate the country. But I now oppose them if they want to perpetuate the war when there is no apparent need to do so.

4- I support ONLF, yet oppossed them when they seemed to be poisoning the unity of Alshabab by forming clan militias in Jubboyinka.

As I said, I can't say the same about you. Where were you before a year, six months before, and now? One thing that is constant about you is what is constant about JB and Duke. To the hole with the Tolka!! :D:D

I know Somali's from Somalia and it is not easy to debate with them. I met similar comments from others whom I argued with, with the remark "xaggeed u socotaa" too. The problem is some people just can't have several stances on some issues based on several scenarios.

In my work, I am a Planner, and in most cases I plan for Contingencies. This involves what they call context analysis, scenario bulding, Planning assumptions. I use that framework to formulate my positions on Somalia's politics.

I hope you now realise why I change my positions so often.

me   

Emperor actually you are against the long term interests of Puntland. So in my book those that defend the corrupt Puntland admin are actually doing more harm to Puntland then those that come with constructive criticism. If claim to be pro-Puntland look at the real issues, side with people of Puntland and not a corrupt administration that brings no real progress.

It seems to me that AT is now more concerned with the well being of the people of Puntland then those that defend the Puntland admin.

NGONGE   

^^ Adigo maxa kaa galay Puntland? War talk about Hargeysa, fellow citizen.

Emp,

A&T means well. He's just not sure what he means. But he means well.

Emperor   

^Lool, now thats funny

Me, Adiga you just jump off and you don't read or really look at AT's comments, do you? The man was not talking about Puntland Admin per se, he has accussed all of reer Puntland as people who say and have an attitude of 'Ama anaga ama kakac', he categorised them as 'Ama Cadyahow kucunay ama Kuciideeyay'... And all I was saying is that, in fact most of that case happened in Mogadishu, and reer Puntland have only won the leadership in 2004, and before that waxay iska ahaayeen Adminstration meeshooda iska jooga...

You can have you criticism against the Administration, we can agree or disgaree on that, not a problem.

AT, adeer anyone can list all they wish in ligh of their position according to their interpretation... Laakiin qofku isagu wuxuu ismoodo ma ahee waa wixii ay dadku moodaan :D

Abtigiis   

:D:D Ngonge, Tuug! War mean well and I am sure of What I mean. I mean stop breaking up the country. I mean learn how to be a Somali and not a fractional Somali.

Emperor

Was running to Sodere and forming a 14 group alliance of warlords (YEY being one, right after the election of Abdiqaasim, part of meeshooday iska joogeen reer PL?

I am talking about Puntland Politicians naturaaly, and a significant number of the elites. Of course not Macdaro Sheekh Daahir, who used to serve me sizzling Bariis and Addiwali, my long-time friend. Not the average Puntlander who just happens to be a good-hearted Somali.

Marka aan siyaasada ka hadlayno, waxaan ka hadlaynaa dadka siyaasada ku jira, kuwa kuwa daba yaaca iyo kuwa fikirkooda raacsan ee aqoonyahay isku sheega.

Biixi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

But blood was not part to it, until one fatal day one Puntlander decided to slay another of his own who happened to be the President of the Republic of Somalia.

They, the killers of Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, who hailed from the region now called Puntland,

continued to oppose Siyad Barre’s government, which they saw us disturbing the natural succession of power to its rightful owners. Luciky, his blunders and cruel retaliation, made them look like people in search of salvation than aspirants of power who will stop at nothing to achieve it. /

Finally, the man escaped, pursued by those whom he oppressed. And the Punties started the quest for the Holy Grail in the form of “power” refusing to recognise the next government.

And it went on and on, thanks also to the useless USC and its supporters who kept on fighting for the ill-gotten loot of a nation.

Then, they came to power and the rest is horror history. Inviting the historical enemy of Somalia into the Capital to subdue more powerful, but ‘less crafty’ Southerners. But, as it would be, borrowed might is never a might that will keep you on the throne and the adventure failed in shame and frantic evacuation of parliamentarians and officers who descended on Moqdisho, against the wish of its people, to rule and loot.

And then it happened again Somali’s got a new president the same way they got the past few ones. Now, the rightful owners of the throne are not in a mood to play servants to those who are unfit to rule them. Or so it seems. That is the message all Somali’s get when they hear the new administration of
Puntland is opposing Sheikh Shariif. Sadly, we are re-living that long-held prejudice, and it seems it is not without foundation.

Dad saas baa loo nacaa ama waa la iska dhaafaa :D

Why should Somalis support Sharif/Nuur cade...

1) When 75% of the 500 MPs are from the USC clan.

2) When Sharif/Nur cade don't even control half of their city - mogadishu.

So far Awees, mansoor, maxamed dheere, faroole, opposed this farce presidency insha-Allah it will fail soon! :D

Malika   

^Paying far too much attention to what the so called leaders want,why not for once have the interest of the poor people caught up in this madness.

For the love of GOD who cares what those few men want and dont want..It is time to stop this madness,and let the people have some peace..arg!

Advocating for more chaos,war and the continuity of the destruction of our nation is pathetic to say the least,toloow when will people stop standing behind these excuses of leaders and actually demand that peace must prevail for once and for all.