Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Why does A Muslim have to Apologize or be held accountable for...

Khayr   

Why does A Muslim have to Apologize or be held accountable for whatever happens in the muslim world?

I was watching this press conference the other night and the media were hounding the muslims and demanding off them to Apologize and Condemn actions that were done by other muslims.

How come people don't hound/ask the average american citizens for an Apology and Condemenation of their nation's massacring of Falluja, the Japanese, Afghani kids and grandparents?

Why is the muslim always expected to APOLOGIZE first, when the muslim is the one that is INSULTED and HURT?

well most muslims don't opoligize and is usually the few so-called muslims reps that give press connferences, those types were created by their masters to be the so-callled voice of Islam ...

I came to the conclusion that teh best to defeat this media is best to ignore it and muslims should create a media blackout, no speeches, no interviews , no views .. basically let them

Khayr   

Originally posted by Yahoo_UK:

well most muslims don't opoligize and is usually the few so-called muslims reps that give press connferences, those types were created by their masters to be the so-callled voice of Islam ...

I came to the conclusion that teh best to defeat this media is best to ignore it and muslims should create a media blackout, no speeches, no interviews , no views .. basically let them

I agree with the idea of a MEDIA BLACKOUT. However, this doesn't only come from the Media but by the average person and also the average Moderate Muslim who wants to distinguish and seperate themselves from the rest of muslim ummah.

Honesita   

I was listening to a lecture by shaykh Yasir Qadhi the other day titled "Responding to Allegations of Male Chauvinism and Leadership Role"....it was a great must hear lecture by a really good speaker...!! Here are some of my notes, i'd like to share with you in light of the topic...!!

People coped with the new phenomena of Muslim Women's Role in three different ways:

1. Drop Islam and pick westernization-> take off the hijab in 1920. This was not so successful, it was too radical.

2. Apologists: always are in the middle ground, take the good of the two. (very popular until today, they water-down Islam to please others)

3. Fundamentalists: Stick to perfect system (ISLAM).

This was not the first time the Muslims had to deal with outside phenomena:

During the 3rd and 4th century Muslims were exposed to Greek Philosophy..the works of Aristotle were translated to Arabic in Dar-AlHikmah and the results were:

1. Adopted philosophy and rejected Islam: Ibn Sina, Farabi

2. Middle Path Sympathizers: take the best of each-> Mu'tazila and Asha'ira

3. Pure Orthodoxy: Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jama'-> Ibnu Hanbal, Abu Hanefa, Imam Ahmad and Maliki.

People coped with the new phenomena of Muslim Women's Role in three different ways:

1. Drop Islam and pick westernization-> take off the hijab in 1920. This was not so successful, it was too radical.

2. Appologists: always are in the middle ground, take the good of the two. (very popular until today, they water-down Islam to please others)

3. Fundamentalists: Stick to perfect system (ISLAM).

This was not the first time the Muslims had to deal with outside phenomena:

During the 3rd and 4th century Muslims were exposed to Greek Philosophy..the works of Aristotle were translated to Arabic in Dar-AlHikmah and the results were:

1. Adopted philosophy and rejected Islam: Ibn Sina, Farabi

2. Middle Path Sympathizers: take the best of each-> Mu'tazila and Asha'ira

3. Pure Orthodoxy: Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jama'-> Ibnu Hanbal, Abu Hanefa, Imam Ahmad and Maliki.

How is it related, well any actions done by Muslims fit in the category of new phenomena....and those apologizing and holding press conferences and stuff fit right into category # 2 in my opinion...!! Did you realize how non-Muslims always call people that appear to be modernized Muslims to talk to them and explain things to them, and sometimes they'll even call Christian Arabs.....why...cuz they want to hear what they like to hear, and the only thing we can do about it is KEEP QUITE AND IGNORE...!!

Another aspect of your question...how come the Muslims never ask for an apology, well, we are puppets to the west..so i think of it...we want to please them at any given moment...!! Did we ever think about why the Holocaust is over emphasized and not the genocides of any other nation including the Muslims....well, because the Jews make it a point to talk about it, teach it to their children and to others and simply demand sympathy for them...!! However, we Muslims, the vast majority of us are not even aware of the genocides that took away Muslim lives....for the simple fact that they were Muslims...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Why is the muslim always expected to APOLOGIZE first, when the muslim is the one that is INSULTED and HURT?

Because we are weak. We're not united. We have no strong allies. We don't know how to play the media game. We can't use our natural resources as leverage. We can't even use our large number with all its purchasing power as leverage. What we can do is feel sorry for ourselves. And while doing that we have delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, Islam is grand but we're not. We overreact on simple matters and underreact to grave matters. Almost always an inappropriate response. Inept, corrupt, impotent or inadequate is what we have for leaders. Uneducated, illiterate, ignorant of their deen or oppressed peoples in just about every nation. No wonder with all these divisions, confusion, and delusions we're asked to apologize even when we're wronged. It comes with the territory when you've been conquered.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Castro:

Because we are weak. We're not united. We have no strong allies. We don't know how to play the media game. We can't use our natural resources as leverage. We can't even use our large number with all its purchasing power as leverage. What we can do is feel sorry for ourselves. And while doing that we have delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, Islam is grand but we're not. We overreact on simple matters and underreact to grave matters. Almost always an inappropriate response. Inept, corrupt, impotent or inadequate is what we have for leaders. Uneducated, illiterate, ignorant of their deen or oppressed peoples in just about every nation. No wonder with all these divisions, confusion, and delusions we're asked to apologize even when we're wronged. It comes with the territory when you've been conquered.

Right on awoowe. Castro speaks for me on this one.

Hasina   

Salaam all,

I think it's because the Muslims of today aren't united, they're fighting each other, killing each other, how is anyone going to take us serious? We have a great Religion, right way of conduct, all the elements we need to transform society, to be the leaders. But unfortunately, we don't use it properly, to aid us, but we use it to destroy us and portray us in a negative way. All Muslims are one body, but we're letting race get in between. However, I think there is still hope, there always is hope, we just need to get our act together, & follow the Prophet (scw) sunnah & Qur'an.

Great topic btw...

Khayr   

Why does A Muslim have to Apologize or be held accountable for whatever happens in the muslim world?

Castro,

Stop blaming Muslims all the time saxib, you're one to BLAME TO, especially since all you do is LOOK FOR FAULTS and CRACKS in the UMMAH and exploit them. i.e. hijab=tent, al azhar fatwa etc.

I didn't post this so that muslims can BEAT UP

on THEMSELVES. SubhanAllah, why-we get BEAT UP by EVERYONE ELSE then come home and BEAT UP ON OURSELVES.

Where is the PRIDE in being part of the MUHAMMEDAN UMMAH?

Another aspect of your question...how come the Muslims never ask for an apology, well, we are puppets to the west..so i think of it...we want to please them at any given moment...!! Did we ever think about why the Holocaust is over emphasized and not the genocides of any other nation including the Muslims....well, because the Jews make it a point to talk about it, teach it to their children and to others and simply demand sympathy for them...!! However, we Muslims, the vast majority of us are not even aware of the genocides that took away Muslim lives....for the simple fact that they were Muslims...!!

Weren't not responsible for the HOLOCAUST, so why the hell do we, as muslims, have to Pay for it, over and over again....BLAME EUROPE not the MUSLIMS, who have to suffer over...and over...again!

Puppets is right...some muslims just want to say

what Westerners want and what the POPULAR SENTIMENT is.

Again,

Why does the Muslim have to be DEFENSIVE all the time?

• Why does the Muslim have to be APOLOGETIC for ALL CRIMES done my Muslims? Dam it, ask the american citizen that he should APOLOGY for their nation massacring muslims,
  • Ask the DANE to APOLOGY over and over again to YOU, for his Nation supporting such insidous journalism?

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Stop blaming Muslims all the time saxib, you're one to BLAME TO, especially since all you do is LOOK FOR FAULTS and CRACKS in the UMMAH and exploit them. i.e. hijab=tent, al azhar fatwa etc.

I didn't say "hijab=tent" and neither did I write that al-azhar fatwa. That dress, particularly the one resembling the tent, can be referred to as a tent. And if you didn't like the fatwa from al-azhar, you can take that up with them. Saaxib don't solicit responses from people to your questions then turn around and question the motive of those who answer. That's brotherly advice from me to you.

Khayr   

Once again,

you avoided the original question

and decided to blow your own horn.

Castro said:

What we can do is feel sorry for ourselves. And while doing that we have delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, Islam is grand but we're not.

Actually,

In the quran, it does state that 'TO Allah belongs Eezaa/Honor, and to his Messenger (salallahu calihe wasilm) and to the Believing Men and Women'. (If someone knows the exact ayat, pls do help, thanx.)

That fact that we are believers inshallah, gives us HONOR, GRANDEUR and we don't NEED to BEAT UP

on OURSELVES, saxib.

Castro,

I'll apologize if I came off rude but you were singing the usual tune that everyone sings nowadays-Muslims are Bad, Muslims are what is Negative etc.

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

It is actually sad to say that the Muslims are bad but the reality is that WE ARE BAD...!! I could not have agreed more with what Castro said....it is really wise when we acknowledge our own problems, admit that we have problems and dont over exagerate in our greatness...!! The Muslim Ummah is NOT great, it is Islam that is great and perfect...!! Islam is invulnerable and Muslims are vulnerable...!!

I'm actually standing up and cant say much but I'll come back and try to cite the incident of Omar ibn Al-Khatab when he said that we only attain honor when we stick to Islam and we reach the peak of humility when we leave Islam...!!

Just because you speak the truth it doesnt mean you hate Muslims...subhanna Allah, Allah Him self says that Izza is for the Mu'mineen..!! Truthfuly speaking how far have we come from the truth believers who used to rule by the Qur'an and Sunnah...!!

Be back later...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Cara.   

Khayr,

They don't, but Muslims wouldn't be happy to know that one white Westerner has a negative perception of Islam. Muslims care a great deal about how possible converts view them; many are more concerned about how they look to outsiders than how they conduct themselves with fellow Muslims.

By the way, why does all of Denmark have to apologize for the actions of a single Danish tabloid? Why is the maker of a cream cheese spread being held responsible for the decision made by the editor of Jyllands-Posten?

As for Americans, some think Bush and co are right and so don't think they have anything to apologize for; some feel it's wrong, but don't care what non-Americans think of them; and some think Bush is wrong and do go out of their way to apologize to others. If you live in America, you've surely met all three kinds.

^lypy

i think there's a bit more to it and kharys point is valid. However this goes to the heart of the concept of muslim society/people, you have to ask to what extent do muslims want to be related to as an 'umma'.

And the sword cuts both ways. You want to speak/stand for the muslims when they are harassed, then you must be willing to speak for their ills. Otherwise u risk being called a hypocrite

NGONGE   

Because the lot of us are spoilt children that want to cry and call press conferences when we’re wronged and refer to fairy tales and conspiracy theories when some of us are the ones doing the wrong.

We keep going on about this concept of ‘ummah’ yet when some people that are part of this ‘ummah’ disagree with us, we quickly brand them as traitors, apologists, oriantalists and what not! Well, some people in this Islamic ‘ummah’ (regardless of what you call them) still have some principles and know RIGHT from WRONG. When a hasty know-nothing Muslim decides to blow up places and kill innocent people, I for one feel obliged to apologise and distance myself from him and his actions. When some ignorant Muslims decide to burn, kill and destroy property in the mistaken belief that they’re defending Islam, I feel it’s my duty to apologise and distance myself from them. When pointless numbskulls make senseless threats and pick and choose all the harsh verses in the Quran (out of context may I add), I, as a Muslim, feel it’s my duty to apologise and distance myself from them. The concept of one ‘ummah’ dictates that I do that. Your concept of Ummah was what the Qureesh tribes were practising before Islam. The one where you support your brother regardless of being right or wrong! It’s utterly clannish and WRONG.

This duplicity and contradictions never ceases to amaze me. At times, I wonder if people view Islam as some sort of nationality or private club. Are we not ordered to call people to Islam? Is it not supposed to be the correct faith for EVERYONE? How then are non-Muslims expected to join the true faith when the followers of that true faith distance themselves from the world and act in such an impudent way?

Those that apologise in the Western media today are the Salman Rushdies, Irshad Manjis and Ayan Hirsis of the Islamic world (indeed, most Muslims don’t even regard them as Muslim). On the other hand, those that make the most noises when Muslims are wronged hardly ever make any apologies. They, like many here, feel that the entire Muslim ummah should not have to answer for the actions of the few! Yet, they’ll be happy to complain about wrongdoings in Iraq or Afghanistan! It’s a childish attitude to have. Calypso above compares it with Denmark or America and how both countries should not apologise for the actions of the few. I however, beg to strongly disagree there. Denmark, America or China are mere countries that shall die away with time (like all the great civilisations before them). A single Dane need not apologise for the actions of his fellow citizen because citizenship is the only thing they share in common. We on the other hand share a FAITH. The actions of one Muslim impinge and have an effect on the image of the whole faith! If I want to complain about the plight of the Muslims in India, I also have to be a man of principle and reject the actions of some of the Muslims in Iraq (or London, Madrid and New York). Your books have to balance my friend. For every debit entry you have to have a credit one. Or else, Islam (or at least the image of it) becomes no different to all the other diluted faiths and political ideologies that we usually reject and point out the loopholes in.

Forget about Islam and defending it for now (don’t worry, it will not be wiped out while you do so). Focus on yourself and how you view things in this world. Work on your principles, on your senses of RIGHT and WRONG. Question your beliefs, understanding and views. Rid yourself of the caution and angry stubbornness. If your mission is to learn and know then you shall learn and know. However, if your intention is to get angry and bang on about how your superficial (version) of Islam is the correct one, then may god help you.