Sign in to follow this  
BN

Ahmed in Burco: A Photo Diary by a Development Worker

BN   

This is a very nice Picture weblog by a Somali develpment worker based in Burco. It's very nice to see Somalis rebuilding. I wish there were other picture weblogz in all the other Somali towns and cities. Keep up the good work Ahmed!!

Salaam

P.S. There is a calender on the left side. Click on a highlighted date for pictures posted on that day.

Ahmed In Burco

"I created this Weblog to share with my friends all over the world my new experience as a Development Worker in Somaliland. I am the new HIV/AIDS Youth Advisor for ICD (International Cooperation for Development). I am stationed in Burco but my work covers the entire Country. Burco is located around 310KM to Hargeisa, It a dusty town with it’s own particular charm. Burco is the second city of Somaliland after Hargeisa. My family is from here so I am very lucky to be posted here. I will be uploading picture of Burco and the surroundings. Stay tuned."

-Ahmed

Ahmed In Burco

Ibtilo   

Warya Bari

These are pictures of SOmaliland, and Axmed never even told us who these houses belong to, so please stop puting useless captions under the homes and lives of people you dont know, just because you have hateraid flowing in your vains.

VIVA SOMALILAND, and much luck to all my Landers building up Somaliland.

Bari Nomad Stick to what you know best, MOgadhisho ya dig.

P.S. I thought you guys hated Edna Aden, whats up with all the pictures of her Nursing School?

P.P.S. We(Landers) luv you Edna, keep up the good work, Ado.

-Ibtilo

nuune   

ibtilo walaalo bal xoogaa yar is yara dajji bal,all bari-nomad did was post pictures,and about the captions,if u want u can find out that urself.

anyway beautifull pictures indeed,i have seen those pictures for real for LIVE i mean!!

Gediid   

Originally posted by Ibtilo:

Warya Bari

These are pictures of SOmaliland, and Axmed never even told us who these houses belong to, so please stop puting useless captions under the homes and lives of people you dont know, just because you have hateraid flowing in your vains.

P.S. I thought you guys hated Edna Aden, whats up with all the pictures of her Nursing School?

P.P.S. We(Landers) luv you Edna, keep up the good work, Ado.

-Ibtilo

Ibtilo

Please refrain from nonsense outbursts that serve absolutely no purpose.I have seen these pics in their original website and Bari copied them in their original form.

African

You want the name of the Qat trader,well he's called Ina Af Diinle(thats how everyone knows him)That SOB is so freaking rich just getting people high.The house in the picture is one of the many homes he owns.

Haashim   

Ibtilo, if he (Bari Nomad) hates Burco, as you said, he wouldn'ot post these beautiful pictures.

So, Please is khabooji this isn't hate website.

Gediid i laughed to his name Ina Af Diinle :D , what i ask myself is allmost every reer woqooyi's nickname or if you don't mind khaldan's nickname ;) is INA .... and all of them are funny, so where are the nicknames of present generation since all of them carry their father's nickname?

These some i heard or know .. Ina Dhoobaale, Ina Gahaydh (ilaahay ha u naxariisto waxaan maqlay inuu dhintay) Ina Xaabul, Ina Qawdhan etc.

Ina Af Diinle :eek: , anyhow i understood what this mean :cool:

Gediid   

Muraad

Thats an interesting point you raised because almost all the people I know I refer to as Ina Hebel eventho I do know their first names.I can't quite say how this developed but thats the norm there in Somaliland.

BN   

Originally posted by African:

Bari_Nomad, can you put me intouch with the Qat trader???
;);)

I wanna be the queen of that castle.
:D:D

Why you trying to imply that I have some connections with drug dealers?!? redface.gif But I'll see what I can do...you might have to become 3rd or 4th wifey....is that cool? :D

Originally posted by Ibtilo:

Warya Bari

LOL. I don't know whether you are illiterate or suffer from some other 'problems' we are not aware of....but I advise you to seek help immediately.... :rolleyes: