Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland: End of Livestock Crisis

Gediid   

I dont have the time nor the energy to prove how much of a scumbag he is but since you have officially become his mouthpiece on SOL you might want to enlighten us on how the AlJabri deal is beneficial to Somaliland and why in the world would he(Riyaale) be so obsessed with it????

N.O.R.F   

JB, this deal is not for the benefit of the people as prices will remain low. If it was up to me I wouldn't sell to the khaliijis period!

There is corruption involved here so let not simply ignore it ya JB.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

nonsense accusation ............

Why is the "agreement" OFFICIAL SECRET? There can only be two reasons. Either Rayaale or Djibouti's Geelleh hits the jackpot.

Nuune

Some of these ministers have conflict of interest (no pun) with this "agreement". Rumour has it some have threatened to resign if the Rayaale does not back down.

Originally posted by Gediid:

I dont have the time nor the energy to prove how much of a scumbag he is but since you have officially become his mouthpiece on SOL you might want to enlighten us on how the AlJabri deal is beneficial to Somaliland and why in the world would he(Riyaale) be so obsessed with it????

You're the one that made the accusation..simply prove it.

Originally posted by Al Haashimi:

JB, this deal is not for the benefit of the people as prices will remain low. If it was up to me I wouldn't sell to the khaliijis period!

There is corruption involved here so let not simply ignore it ya JB.

You wouldn't sell to them? Then bring in the alternative buyers Norf.

The issue is not whether livestock should be sold to the gulf countries or not, it is about the whole monopoly business. This admin is giving away the livelihood of entire nomadic community, as well as that of business people. How could a deal that gives a single rich Arab businessman the right to export entire livestock of that region, is worth the benefit of the people? Let the people have their choices of where to take their businesses and whom they sell to. Let there be a competition.

As for the connection between Al-jabiri and the SL admin, who are we kidding now? The guy ofcourse bribes them to get a such a deal.

Let's be realistic here gentlemen .........

This agreement is not secret and it is widely discussed among the Somaliland citizens inside and outside the country.

As for the Al-Jabiri company, it is good for the citizens. When the merchants take their livestock to Saudi Arabia the they will sell it $ 45 as they announced through the media. This is included in the risk of the transportation that some shipments might be lost during the trip. The company will buy $ 42 in Berbera and that is CASH. Then he will take the risk of the rest of the process. Now tell me who is benefiting ??

And don't forget the tax ,, that is the government's income in this deal.

About the corruption, This is Africa. Corruption is found anywhere but i don't just listen to the crap unless the accusation is proven. I don't like results based on emotional and false calculations.

N.O.R.F   

^^What proof does one need when someone gets a monopoly?

The deal limits the price to $40 saxib. If it was open to more companies this would create competition and the highest bidder wins and pays more. How about creating that freedom for the people JB? It’s simple economics saxib. Naga daa the ‘I support Riyaale all the time’ role and open your eyes.

Adigu naga daa "I oppose Rayaale all the time" role and open your eyes niyow ,,, :D

There are no other companies sxb ,,, bring one and see how it works. For the moment it is only Al-Jabiri.

Som@li   

He is making use of the opportunity, Somalia is down, their stock is not relieble, there is no proper screaning, I doubt if most now make more than $40 for a sheep/goat. So It sounds ideal now but what happens when things improve for all Somalis? Adde Muse signed for 25 years, and Riyaale is doing the same now.